Is Parkliner Out of Business? - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #121

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
From the new website:

Briefly About Us

ParkLiner is designed from the inside out by Chandler. Check out the About Us page for more!
Old 11-29-2015, 06:42 AM   #122
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
From the new website:

Briefly About Us

ParkLiner is designed from the inside out by Chandler. Check out the About Us page for more!

The about us page has not changed. Nor has the address. In fact the only change I see is the home page with the under new management announcement.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:48 AM   #123

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Nothing on their website has changed other than an announcement the company will be in new hands 1/1/2016. We'll just have to see how that works out.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
Old 11-29-2015, 01:45 PM   #124

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Are they honoring warranty issues?
That's a good question. If they want a quality company (like Escape), they will. If they don't give a crap about early owners, they won't. Pretty simple.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 12-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #125

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We should be happy that Parkliner appears to becoming back. Additional manufacturers helps us all. TIme will be the judge of Parkliner, Hopefully the future is bright.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 12-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #126

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
We should be happy that Parkliner appears to becoming back. Additional manufacturers helps us all. TIme will be the judge of Parkliner, Hopefully the future is bright.
"Appears" is the operative word here. Nothing is over with Chandler till it's over. I simply don't trust him, and that includes closing on a deal to sell the company. Time will tell.

I hope Parkliner sells too, for more personal reasons.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 12-04-2015, 03:29 PM   #127

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
I'm curious what Parkliner's warranty was on new FGRVs? 12 months?
Old 12-04-2015, 04:21 PM   #128
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
2 years
Old 12-07-2015, 11:56 AM   #129

New York
They didn't do very well on honoring my concerns in 2014 when I hauled my egg all the way down there for a week. I should have stayed there, but trusted them, left my truck there and flew home. Oh well.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 12-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #130

Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
I thought that

I thought that the warranty was for the original owner, Frank? I believe you mentioned in the past that you purchased your ParkLiner used from another person and also found out that it had been in an accident? IF that was the case, where does the Company draw a line? Yes, probably should have bought an Escape, but hindsight is 20-20.

Linda
Old 12-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #131

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Parkliner made a very fine FGRV with lots of innovative ideas but, as the owner stated in the offer to sell, he was an engineer, not a marketing person, and it showed.

The good news: The new owner will have nowhere to go but UP.

The Bad News: The new owner will have nowhere to go but UP.

Let's wait and see......

Old 12-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #132

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF View Post
I thought that the warranty was for the original owner, Frank? I believe you mentioned in the past that you purchased your ParkLiner used from another person and also found out that it had been in an accident? IF that was the case, where does the Company draw a line? Yes, probably should have bought an Escape, but 20-20 is hindsight.

Linda
Linda, I did not know the egg had been in an accident, number one. Number two, I was told that warranty issues would be dealt with if I got the egg down there for a week. I did not find out the egg had been in an accident until I went down to pick the trailer up and good old Chandler hisself told me that. Once he told me, lots of things made sense. Basically, they outright lied to me and treated me like crap.

You may have read this and that here and there, but no one really knows what went on between that company and me but me and Chandler. You'll have to suffer.

I've never known when hindsight hasn't been 20/20.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 12-07-2015, 09:26 PM   #133

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Parkliner made a very fine FGRV with lots of innovative ideas but, as the owner stated in the offer to sell, he was an engineer, not a marketing person, and it showed.

The good news: The new owner will have nowhere to go but UP.

The Bad News: The new owner will have nowhere to go but UP.

Let's wait and see......
Agree with you totally, Bob. I hope they get it right. I still think they have a fantastic design. Now maybe some customer service and half the battle is done!
Old 12-07-2015, 09:41 PM   #134

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Let's each put $5.00 in a pot and guess what the date will be for their first delivery.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:57 PM   #135

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Linda, I did not know the egg had been in an accident, number one. Number two, I was told that warranty issues would be dealt with if I got the egg down there for a week. I did not find out the egg had been in an accident until I went down to pick the trailer up and good old Chandler hisself told me that. Once he told me, lots of things made sense. Basically, they outright lied to me and treated me like crap.

You may have read this and that here and there, but no one really knows what went on between that company and me but me and Chandler. You'll have to suffer.

I've never known when hindsight hasn't been 20/20.

Frank
I'm confused.. did Chandler wreck the trailer? If so then he should have fixed it. if not.. then not.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:14 PM   #136

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
I'm confused.. did Chandler wreck the trailer? If so then he should have fixed it. if not.. then not.
Well, companies often recall vehicles that are well out of warranty. I suppose if he didn't care about remaining in business, then he wouldn't worry about fixing basic build and design issues.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:27 PM   #137

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
Let's each put $5.00 in a pot and guess what the date will be for their first delivery.
That is so funny! lol
Old 12-07-2015, 11:23 PM   #138

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
You may have read this and that here and there, but no one really knows what went on between that company and me but me and Chandler. Frank
Not sure about this comment Frank as you've been pretty vocal in your posts of the "he said, she said" since you took it back to them. At least that is how it comes across to me from all of them. You have said you like it and are going to keep it.
I've had a couple vehicles over the years that I would dovetail to your experience but I chalked it up to life's learning experiences (I've got a number of entries in it) and let it go because my blood pressure was way more important than the $$$$ it cost me. I've always said it's green and dirty and I can't take it with me. Life's to short and I'm getting closer to the upper end of the run . Happy traveling and camping.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:34 PM   #139

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Not sure about this comment Frank as you've been pretty vocal in your posts of the "he said, she said" since you took it back to them. At least that is how it comes across to me from all of them. You have said you like it and are going to keep it.
I've had a couple vehicles over the years that I would dovetail to your experience but I chalked it up to life's learning experiences (I've got a number of entries in it) and let it go because my blood pressure was way more important than the $$$$ it cost me. I've always said it's green and dirty and I can't take it with me. Life's to short and I'm getting closer to the upper end of the run . Happy traveling and camping.
Well put, Dave.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:38 AM   #140
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Frank, from my own experience I will tell you that Dave is correct. It's time to make lemonade. If you can't, then sell the trailer and buy something else. Life's too short. Raz
Closed Thread

Tags
parkliner