Is Parkliner still in business? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #41

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
LOL, Bob / CG, saying people are gullible and it is entertaining to watch them is simply trolling. So Bob, listen away while CG entertains you with his trolling. Or a better idea, let's go over to the threads for Casita and troll there, calling them gullible for spending so much money for so little actual value. It is actually amusing to watch them getting robbed by the manufacturer... Yea, that's the ticket.

Or better still, find a thread where you can actually have some value with your comments. CG apparently is entirely accustomed to having his comments deleted. Why is that? Ohh!!! (waving hand madly) Maybe he TROLLS?

I have read every one of his comments in this thread and not one had anything positive to say.

Online disinhibition and the psychology of trolling (Wired UK)

Internet trolls can’t help themselves - Salon.com

The Psychology of the Internet Troll - Academic Earth

The best any moderator can do is delete the troll responses. How many of us are proud of how many of our posts are deleted by the moderators? CG?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #42

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
First, why do we read/participate in any of these forums if not for entertainment?
Why don't I have anything positive to say? Probably because I can't find anything positive about these things, and spare me your psychology of Trolls.
By the way, as to the value of my comments...you'd be amazed at some of the emails I have received from members on this board. Ironically, some are even ex-Parkliner owners who were totally disenfranchised with their purchases! I'm not making this stuff up. I have saved copies wherein they wrote pages on the deficiencies and poor design characteristics of PL's. They all were supportive of my views and wished they could have posted the comments I made.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #43

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Because it never ceases to amaze me how people can be so gullible. I find it amusing. It's entertainment you can't buy!
In my OPINION, a troll is someone who seeks to annoy others. There is a fine line between trying, and doing so as a consequence of honesty.

Claiming amusement from the earnest actions of others is definitely trolling.

Carry on.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #44

Washington
Registry
I do not seek to annoy others, in so much as wanting to create problems. But if speaking the truth is annoying to some, that doesn't make it trolling. It makes it honest and not loaded with baloney. If PL owners are so happy with their purchases, why are there over 400+ posts on problems with them on the sister thread about PL's?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #45

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
It seems like on this forum "If you do NOT like the message then shoot the messenger "
Old 10-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #46

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Oh, don't get me wrong. I am not defending the Parkliner brand, or the faith their owners have in it, just speaking the truth, as I see it. From one troll to another.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #47

Washington
Registry
LOL Dave,
I like the "troll" image. Cute.
See, I do have a sense of humor.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #48

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
CG is a troll and he can defend his stance as much as he wants but he is what he is... reasonable criticism is one thing but he doesnt get it and wonders why people report his posts and him.

Go back to casita land troll

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 10-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #49

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Greg,

"ex-Parkliner owners who were totally disenfranchised with their purchases
they wrote pages on the deficiencies and poor design characteristics "

Can you expand on this, are you saying they could have posted their list of problems here but chose not to? I was trying to figure out why that was since so many over the years have posted trailer problems here. I can't see where that would be a problem, but I may not understand you right, Thanks.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #50

Washington
Registry
Now, now, deryk. I know that you are a dyed-in-the-wool PL supporter and owner, so I would expect nothing less than blind support of something you spent a lot of money on. That being said, who are you to tell me what and where to post? Could it be latent buyer's remorse?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #51

Washington
Registry
KenC,
They didn't post because they are already on "thin ice" here with the moderators. (I'm sure I will shortly find myself among them for speaking freely.) They none the less were willing to send me copious quantities of written comments, (and not favorable ones I might add,) about their personal nightmares in dealing with their PL's problems and lack of responses from PL company owners. This is not trolling, it is just facts that some PL owners just don't want to hear.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #52

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
But it was still their choice not to post, nothing was stopping them except their own fear? I guess I don't understand the fear (for lack of a better term). Thanks.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #53

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
CG is not pulling his negative comments out of the air. He is basing his opinions on numerous personal experiences shared by current or previous PL owners, and I am a previous owner. Sorry, but I cannot equate my marriage to owning a flawed piece of equipment in the hopes that it will get better. Nor can I support a company that refused to support me, didn't follow through on promises (I won't list all of my actual personal experiences),and continues to manufacture a product with obvious flaws, not to mention, ongoing lack of communication and customer support. To comment on the reality of this, as evidenced by MANY PL owners is NOT trolling. It is honesty. CG may have crossed the line when referencing particular owners, but his concern and bewilderment are based on countless shared PL owners' experiences with this company. I would say that any negativity created toward this company has been created by the company itself. I hope that current promises come to fruition. Our experience (repeatedly) was different.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #54

Alabama
LindaK, I understand your frustration and your actions. There is a clear difference between that and coming to a thread, for a product that you do not own to REPEATEDLY trumpet your negative opinions about said product. I don't own any iProducts. I don't own a Casita. I have definite opinions about both but I also don't have any need to tell people how gullable they are and how amusing I find the fact that etc etc.

Mr CG has labeled himself as a troll with his initial response to me. Proclaiming amusement at the misfortunes of others is a problem of self esteem more than anything.

How many such negative comments has he posted in the various parkliner threads?

Trolling!

Now, is my "honest opinion of Mr CG" to be allowed? Am I to be castigated for calling a troll a troll? I am just expressing my honest opinion after all.

In fact, I find the Casita a good product of good value, I was just throwing that in to demonstrate the silliness of such statements.

Mr CG is a troll. He will deny it till the cows come home but he continues to get his (trolling) comments deleted.

Just my "honest opinion" of course.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #55

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I have one last comment to say to you greg before you go on ignore.

Since your only talking partial truths, Linda's ParkLiner was a prototype and she got it at a cheap price and even though it was 3 trailers before mine, it was not fully completed. She made a website comparing a $15k prototype trailer with a close to $30k Escape trailer. There is no comparison between the 2 except you can camp in both of them. Hyundai and Porsche are both cars but not in the same categories and not to be compared.

I dont have any form of buyers remorse, nor am I blind to what is going on. I have my complaints about their communication and my only issue with them is the battery venting and honestly I dont care for the suggested fix because of the increase in tongue weight. I will follow the route of several other owners and box it in and vent it from its current location.

An enclosed battery box on the tongue would solve the problem for most people. The ParkLiner weight is well below the towing limits of my vehicle but adding another 80+ pounds to the tongue brings me too close to my tongue weight max. Perhaps in another year if I upgrade to a Tacoma I might consider it a good fix but right now I have no problem with my Rav4, miles are low, drives fine,tows fine... Im not going to upgrade solely because of tongue weight increase.

So continue to do what you want to do... if it makes you feel better

The Empty Pickle Jar | Simple Truths

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 10-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #56

Washington
Registry
"Now, is my "honest opinion of Mr CG" to be allowed? Am I to be castigated for calling a troll a troll? I am just expressing my honest opinion after all."

Yes JWC, I'm afraid that you too will probably hear about it as well. I personally welcome your opinion and the opinions of others. I also support open dialog, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they close this thread down when they see where it has gone. But it is fun and entertaining, while it lasts. See you in forum purgatory...

And deryk,
I really don't have an ax to grind with you. I'm sure you are a nice person. I didn't set out to ruffle anybody's feathers. Apparently expressing one's self can sometimes escalate to a volatile level. This was never intended. I apologize to you personally if I have offended you. My comments were never meant to be personally affronting.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #57

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Greg,

"ex-Parkliner owners who were totally disenfranchised with their purchases
they wrote pages on the deficiencies and poor design characteristics "

Can you expand on this, are you saying they could have posted their list of problems here but chose not to? I was trying to figure out why that was since so many over the years have posted trailer problems here. I can't see where that would be a problem, but I may not understand you right, Thanks.
I am one of those "ex-Parkliner owners" and one of my threads was closed after 3 pages of comments, mine plus others, some owners, some criticizing me for being "so negative." I, too, felt that I was just being honest, but apparently, that is not always supported. Another thread I started disappeared. I am not afraid to share my personal experiences, but there doesn't seem to be much point. This will all disappear soon. I would be happy to answer any questions, either via PM, email, or publicly on the forum. My attempts to share my concerns and experiences have not met with overall approval of many members of this forum. That's a fact. Check out this thread: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ner-58280.html

Linda
Old 10-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #58

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
They all were supportive of my views and wished they could have posted the comments I made.
And so superman marches in to save the day.

Or satisfy his need to troll?

It is a definite psychology.

Troll.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #59
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
Moderator hat on! Folks we've seen enough name calling on this thread to last a lifetime.

I noted this comment:

Quote:
First, why do we read/participate in any of these forums if not for entertainment?
and want to address this. Forums can be fun but the primary reason for this one is to exchange information about fiberglass trailers. it's not to create drama, disparage another for the sheer entertainment value or to spread rumor and gossip. This stuff needs to stop.

Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.

This is a quote from our forum rules and we expect all members to honor them. if you see a post that is a problem, please report it to the site team via the little red triangle next to the post but do not take matters into your own hands.

We have, over the past few days removed numerous posts on the Parkliner topic and today we are closing them. If you have a consumer complaint with Parkliner we encourage you to pursue it through the usual legal means but do NOT take potshots at other FGRV members, it's not productive.
Closed Thread

Tags
parkliner