Is this EGG Glamping? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Is this EGG Glamping?

Top 10 Ultimate Glamping Essentials - Inspired Camping and Glamping -

If you are about to embark on a luxury boutique camping experience, then here are our top 10 ultimate glamping essentials we think you should expect.

A Real Bed

You will know when you’re glamping as you will have a real bed with a comfortable mattress and maybe even a goose down topper. Sleeping outside will never feel the same again with this glamping essential. However, if it has to be an air bed then make sure it’s one of these.

Luxury Bedding

If you want to truly experience glamping outside, then you must have the best bedding to ensure you are comfortable throughout your stay. This should include a duvet for all seasons, a quilted cotton bedspread for extra warmth if needed, luxury pillows, bed linen of high thread cotton or the ultimate indulgence… silk.

Glorious Lighting

Lanterns and fairy lights are what make a glamping experience gorgeous, romantic and unforgettable at night. Many of these can be solar powered, helping to make glampers earth friendly eco warriors while they indulge in the luxury of this stay outdoors.

A Bathroom

Typically your own bathroom is expected when staying at a hotel, but it is often seen as luxury on a camping trip. This is why a bathroom will be provided on an ultimate glamping trip, and it will include beautifully smelling bathroom products, soaps and moisturisers to help you feel like a millionaire while you’re outside.

A Hot Tub

The ultimate glamping experience will have one of these in the open air to give its happy glamper user a boutique star gazing experience they’ll never forget.

Luxury Food Items

Forget dry sandwiches, cheese and crackers! Your ultimate glamping experience will have a basket of goodies you’ll never forget. Hand caught local fish, organic vegetables, tropical fruits and prime steak, ready to be washed down by full-bodied reds, crisp whites, Champagne and cocktails.

Delicious Drinks

The ultimate glamping trip will have a fully stocked drinks cabinet, and the ability to make as many cocktails as you can drink. Here are a few of our own cheeky camping cocktail suggestions for you to consider before your trip.

Glamping Inspirations

If being outdoors isn’t your thing, and you’re just trying out glamping to see what all the fuss is about, then you’ll need a bit of inspiration about what to do on your trip. many of these activities should be available in abundance on your trip.

Fire

Glamping, just like traditional camping, must provide an ability to make fire in either a fire pit or woodburner. This meets one of our fundamental prehistoric needs to hunt, gather and cook… even if we are smoothing the edges of roughing it at the same time.

Many Extras

These are the things you don’t actually need, but they make your glamping experience more opulent and… well… more of an experience. Typically you wouldn’t pack any of this for your own camping trip, and that is exactly what makes glamping so special. Extras include throws and cushions, muslin curtains, floral incense sticks, bunting, fluffy towels, and eye masks and ear plugs for the ultimate nights sleep.

Tell us what your ultimate glamping essentials are and when you’re planning your next trip.

Happy Inspired Camping & Glamping
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I don't have a tub but do eat off of pewter plates and bowls

I guess I need to work on better lighting...the led candles are nice but not bright enough to read by.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
...the led candles are nice but not bright enough to read by.
Here's where e-readers are handy. Your LED candlelight is perfect if the "book" has its own light source.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post

Typically you wouldn’t pack any of this for your own camping trip, and that is exactly what makes glamping so special. Extras include throws and cushions, muslin curtains, floral incense sticks, bunting, fluffy towels, and eye masks and ear plugs for the ultimate nights sleep.
LOL seriously all those items go on every trip with me regardless of whether its 2 days or 8 weeks, plugged in or dry camping in BML lands. All the top ten are standard camping for me as well with the exception of the hot tub.

Last Glamping trip was finished just yesterday having attended 4 days at a Tin Can Tourist Vintage campout. The Tin Can tourists wrote the book on glamping
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
All the top ten are standard camping for me as well with the exception of the hot tub.
I've been trying to justify buying a Softub, but it is difficult to convince Robert that we need one.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Well we do have a member here who showed up with a portable bath tub at a meet this week-end.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #7

New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
Here's where e-readers are handy. Your LED candlelight is perfect if the "book" has its own light source.
I have a kindle 2... doesn't work as well in dim lighting with the electronic ink. But I love it just the same

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 09-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #8

New Jersey
Registry
well I have maybe a 4" bathtub in my ParkLiner but not enough for a hot tub lol. But I travel to all my events with "some" of those items...Ive had people stare at me eating off of pewter lol... I dont like paper plates since I can wash my dishes...better for the environment at the least! lol

Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #9

Name: Hillary
Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Washington
I'd be staring at you eating off pewter only because of worry about the lead content! It all depends on the manufacturing...
Old 09-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #10

Name: Bernard
Trailer: 2007 uhaul ct13
Quebec
A guy at the bolerama this weekend had a woodstove in his trailer! Good glamping item!
tartosuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #11

NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
The Tin Can tourists wrote the book on glamping
I've noticed the majority of glamping pictures for trailers are
tin cans and teardrops..........But I keep searching to pick up
an idea here and there.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #12

New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary View Post
I'd be staring at you eating off pewter only because of worry about the lead content! It all depends on the manufacturing...

Its the new pewter they make...but I love how it looks!

Old 09-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #13

NE Oklahoma
I like those rusty tins, but wife would never let me use them.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #14

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I like the first two. A real bed! 48 inch beds are ok for the first year of marriage but 20 years later.............lol.
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #15

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Damn. Don't have the hot tub.

peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #16

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
I've been trying to justify buying a Softub, but it is difficult to convince Robert that we need one.

Frederick you need one and Robert should give in and just go for it! I mean after all everyone knows you feel better after a hard day of sight seeing,hiking or whatever a nice long soak in the tub just helps you relax for a nice evening.

Really and for real a soft tub out camping is great! We have been to a SCA event where someone had one and it was great.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote