is this for real? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-30-2016, 11:05 AM   #1

Name: Donna
Trailer: in the market
Florida
is this for real?

I have seen this casita for sale for a while now. wondering why it is not sold? Looking to buy my first FGRV and dont know what or how to check for issues. any help?

Fiberglass 16' Camper Trailer in excellent condition - $7800 (lakeland) hide this posting
image 1 of 3
1 2 3
1993 Camper Trailer

condition: excellent
fuel: other
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

safety tips
prohibited items
product recalls
avoiding scams
Retro done one (1) year ago; including original curtains, cushions, carpet, wheels, tires, paint, and decals. New microwave. Comes with Reese 2" hitch on rear with bike rack for two (2) bikes. Sway control bar, four (4) leveling jacks with pads

2k55x-5621910484@sale.craigslist.org
annieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:09 AM   #2

Florida
pic

here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
00F0F_9o9IZLuv43Z_600x450.jpg  
Old 06-30-2016, 11:10 AM   #3

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Welcome to the forum.

There is a buyer's checklist in the Document Center:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/d...hp?do=cat&id=5

The general one should meet your needs.

Good luck with your search.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
If I were interested I would go look at it, not take credit card or money along and if I were to decide to buy it I would arrange to meet them at the Department of Vehicles along with the money just to be sure it can be transferred to me with a clear title. The title must be for that camper and VIN numbers must match.

ONLY after it is transferred with the title in my name would I pay them right there at the DMV.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:25 PM   #5

Name: lee
Trailer: 17' Spirit DL
North Carolina
Donna, I just joined this past week so I could put my mothers 1998 17' Casita (Spirit DLX) up for sale and maybe ask some questions because I have no experience with these types of campers; I own a 5th wheel.

It would be listed right now but work has hampered me some and... I am heading down to Daytona (Ormond Beach) to see her this weekend. She was living in VA until her husband passed this last summer (year ago) and she moved down a couple of months ago.

Its in very good shape and the interior is spotless... Clean title and in hand. Everything is working properly and I tested everything as well. City hook up, holding tank using the water pump, elect water heater, gas range, fridge, and lights... all work well. New blinds and new heavy duty rear bumper that includes a removable bike rack and holds the spare tire. Kitchen has plates and such that will be included (new) but I have not taken much notice since I was cleaning up the outside. Removing the old graphics, cleaning off any oxidation and waxing, and as I said installing the new graphics.

I have pictures of the inside but was waiting to take the outside pics until I replaced the graphics which have been started. Wife took pictures of the inside the other night which I can get and post if you might be interested.

These are the outside pic's I took last night so mom could see the new graphics... Two are with the , one with the old graphics, and one showing the new bumper. Two were taken last month when I was pulling her down to NC and then the two from last night (it was night time). It is currently in Hickory NC (an hour NW of Charlotte)

I have not set a price on it as of yet but starting off I think 8500.00 might be low but fair for a unit in this condition. "IF" you were very serious, I could even bring it down to FL for you since I could work out a visit with mom...! lee

PS first time to upload pics so I hope they came out okay!
Attached Thumbnails
Old graphics.JPG   Bumper.jpg  

front cap.JPG   Side window.JPG  

LeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:54 PM   #6

Name: Steve Robison
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin Maring View Post
If I were interested I would go look at it, not take credit card or money along and if I were to decide to buy it I would arrange to meet them at the Department of Vehicles along with the money just to be sure it can be transferred to me with a clear title. The title must be for that camper and VIN numbers must match.

ONLY after it is transferred with the title in my name would I pay them right there at the DMV.
With titles only the seller needs to sign off on it the buyer doesn't need to be present. When I sell something I go to the bank, sign my title and then they notarize it. I then give the title to the seller and he is free to put down a purchase price his choosing, etc...
Bluetang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:21 PM   #7

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Automatic transmission ???
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:09 AM   #8

Trailer: Boler 1984
Perhaps a moderator could put this into the referrals section.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:38 AM   #9

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetang99 View Post
With titles only the seller needs to sign off on it the buyer doesn't need to be present. When I sell something I go to the bank, sign my title and then they notarize it. I then give the title to the seller and he is free to put down a purchase price his choosing, etc...
I think the point of the post you quote is to make sure this is legit and the implication is that going to get the Title checked at the DMV will help verify this?

I tried to find this listing and could not anyway?

But if you see the trailer and there is a Title with a VIN that matches the trailer you see and that Title is in the name of the seller and you can confirm that through some identification that is about all that you can do really.

If your gut tells you something is not right,trust that feeling.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:47 AM   #10

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Bluetang, And what do you do when you take that notarized title to the DMV and they do not accept it?

EXAMPLE:
I bought a utility trailer that the DMV would not accept the Title because they said there was another one with the same serial number. Took some time to get it resolved.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #11

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
That ad with the "automatic transmission" has popped up on this forum before. At the time, I believe the consensus was that it was a fake, a scam, a draw of some kind. Beware towable trailers with "automatic transmissions!"

There are other rigs out there! PRINT, TAKE, and USE the buyer's checklist from this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #12

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
A few years ago i sold an older scamp on craigslist and it required you to put something in that field
Hopefully it has been fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 12:58 PM   #13

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
I prefer a trailer with a manual.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #14

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Yeah, Mike. After all, if you have a manual, you can read it after you have asked all the questions.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:40 PM   #15

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeS View Post
Donna, I just joined this past week so I could put my mothers 1998 17' Casita (Spirit DLX) up for sale and maybe ask some questions because I have no experience with these types of campers; I own a 5th wheel.

It would be listed right now but work has hampered me some and... I am heading down to Daytona (Ormond Beach) to see her this weekend. She was living in VA until her husband passed this last summer (year ago) and she moved down a couple of months ago.

Its in very good shape and the interior is spotless... Clean title and in hand. Everything is working properly and I tested everything as well. City hook up, holding tank using the water pump, elect water heater, gas range, fridge, and lights... all work well. New blinds and new heavy duty rear bumper that includes a removable bike rack and holds the spare tire. Kitchen has plates and such that will be included (new) but I have not taken much notice since I was cleaning up the outside. Removing the old graphics, cleaning off any oxidation and waxing, and as I said installing the new graphics.

I have pictures of the inside but was waiting to take the outside pics until I replaced the graphics which have been started. Wife took pictures of the inside the other night which I can get and post if you might be interested.

These are the outside pic's I took last night so mom could see the new graphics... Two are with the , one with the old graphics, and one showing the new bumper. Two were taken last month when I was pulling her down to NC and then the two from last night (it was night time). It is currently in Hickory NC (an hour NW of Charlotte)

I have not set a price on it as of yet but starting off I think 8500.00 might be low but fair for a unit in this condition. "IF" you were very serious, I could even bring it down to FL for you since I could work out a visit with mom...! lee

PS first time to upload pics so I hope they came out okay!
Hi Lee,
I am not immediately ready to buy at the moment but I am also really in love with the LIL Snoozy but would want a 2016 with the new modifications. I may have to settle into the casita until I can save up for the snoozy. I will know better in a few weeks what I'm doing. but I will keep you in mind if its still avail when Im ready.