Is this the biggest FG trailer? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #15
TRW

Name: Terry
Trailer: Suntrek Vista
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
It's the same as my 1999 30' Vista, only the floor plan is a little different. It just might be the largest fibreglass trailer out there, if you don't include the new Thor which has a separate roof, walls, and front and rear caps. Mine doesn't have a dinette and the frig is where the rear end of the dinette is on this one. We have more storage on the other side of the trailer just in front of the aft bedroom. It was made by Sun Trek (not Suntrek, as I erroneously posted elsewhere) and is called a Vista. We bought it new and still have it. It solved the leak and wall separation problems of the Award design and is much heavier -GVWR is 7000 lb. But once it is up to speed I averaged 14 mpg with our Odyssey and more than 16 with our diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee. That's because of the aerodynamics fore and aft, and low sidewalls because of the peaked roof so very little sidesway in crosswinds. Have thought of moving up to a Class A used motorhome, but this one is so cheap to maintain, that may be a mistake. The one thing it doesn't have is slide-outs, but they are heavy and can break, so we're happy having no repairs to worry about so far after 13 years.

Terry

Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #16

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Sun Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
The brand is Award made in Canada, well built pulls easy.
Chuck

Old 11-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #17

Name: Phil
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500 (previously a 1978 Trillium 4500, Rpod 171 and Surveyor SV251)
Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
It's the same as my 1999 30' Vista, only the floor plan is a little different. It just might be the largest fibreglass trailer out there, if you don't include the new Thor which has a separate roof, walls, and front and rear caps. Mine doesn't have a dinette and the frig is where the rear end of the dinette is on this one. We have more storage on the other side of the trailer just in front of the aft bedroom. It was made by Sun Trek (not Suntrek, as I erroneously posted elsewhere) and is called a Vista. We bought it new and still have it. It solved the leak and wall separation problems of the Award design and is much heavier -GVWR is 7000 lb. But once it is up to speed I averaged 14 mpg with our Odyssey and more than 16 with our diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee. That's because of the aerodynamics fore and aft, and low sidewalls because of the peaked roof so very little sidesway in crosswinds. Have thought of moving up to a Class A used motorhome, but this one is so cheap to maintain, that may be a mistake. The one thing it doesn't have is slide-outs, but they are heavy and can break, so we're happy having no repairs to worry about so far after 13 years.

Terry
Hi Terry,

Any issues with your frame? It's an unusual weight saving design. It was the part of the trailer that concerned me the most as so few were made that I did't know if there was a sufficient sample of users to accurately tell if it was a sound design. The frame on the Vista is also a completely different design than I have seen on Award trailers.