It's a long ways till summer - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-16-2015, 05:48 AM   #29

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Just random thoughts!
It's minus 30 as I got up this morning .
Thankful for the insulating snow covering or all our pipes would b e frozen solid.
Another month until better weather.
The car looks like road crud grey from the crap the county puts down.
The dog makes 30 second outdoor trips then back to the couch to hibernate before her feet freeze.
I gotta find more indoor hobbies or I tend to take a lot of naps too.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Old 02-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #30
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream Sold
Ontario
James, Adrian and others are lucky to be south this season and in winter's to come maybe we can do the same.

Winter projects are a good thing. We have a home reno project in process and it is a good way to pass the time. We also are members of the local YMCA and get the regular workouts in to stay fit. Not to long ago we would venture out for many winter bike rides. Need to make the best of what you have to work with.
Attached Thumbnails
wayne Carl Debbie.jpg  

Old 02-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #31

Ontario
Aw, youth! Now in my 70,s and some health issues making travel difficult we tend to forgo the winter tenting and snowshoeing we used to do. Now it's other activities that fulfill our days. Look in the hobbies section and see " a cut above" for just a few of my hobbies. I still fish for bass and canoe in summer, just not as far. In winter we concentrate on the indoor stuff.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:56 PM   #32

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Oh yeah, Donna is right. It's been a weird winter here in the PNW. We're taking advantage of some really nice spring-like weather to take a little trip down the Oregon coast. It was sunny today and 60 deg. F. It makes me nervous though because the snow pack in the mountains is only about 39% of normal and it's pretty unlikely that we'll make that up now. It's going to be a dry summer for sure. Stay safe and stay warm all you folks dealing with the snow on the other side of the continent!
Old 02-16-2015, 09:06 PM   #33

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
It will be what it will be. Thanks for the notification Kathy. Normally where I live (PDX) it would be 50 degrees and raining. We're running 60 degrees and sun. While it's GREAT right now, we will have (drought) problems this summer (And FIRES).

Be safe, be warm and plan for those future Memory Makers!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #34

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We called our next door neighbor tonight. The snows so deep she can't really shovel her driveway. The side piles are so high she can't throw it on top. Over 90 inches of snowfall in less than a month.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:17 PM   #35

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We live just east of the OP, Frank. We have spent the winter in the south, away from the cold and snow. It's almost time to head back north and we're concerned about travel conditions on the way home and how long it may stay cold once we get there. May have to stay south a little longer.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:41 AM   #36

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
We live just east of the OP, Frank. We have spent the winter in the south, away from the cold and snow. It's almost time to head back north and we're concerned about travel conditions on the way home and how long it may stay cold once we get there. May have to stay south a little longer.
Good idea Bob
Old 02-17-2015, 07:12 AM   #37

Florida
Bob,

Ginny's with you. She's clearly told me she's not going home to shovel. I believe the snow will mostly be gone by mid-April. The reality is that the region has had as much snow as it can handle in a short period. Certainly the roads should be clear by mid April.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 02-17-2015, 08:47 AM   #38

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Registry
Where is all that water going to go come Spring?

With all that snow and moisture, it might be worth considering getting some flood insurance come Spring when it all melts. There is a waiting period for coverage so they should have it like yesterday!

Jim
Old 02-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #39

Florida
Bob,
We just got back from picking strawberries and picking up some just picked lettuce. So good to be where it's warm.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fiberglass RV mobile app

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 02-17-2015, 09:14 AM   #40
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
I live in New Hampshire and my 4' pool's almost burried in snow!
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #41

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
[QUOTE=Donna D.;505022Normally where I live (PDX) it would be 50 degrees and raining. We're running 60 degrees and sun. While it's GREAT right now, we will have (drought) problems this summer (And FIRES).

[/QUOTE]

Fear the same here in B.C. Donna, we can expect serious water restrictions as well as open fire restrictions to come into effect *very* early this spring. Rumour has it that my sprinkler system may never get a chance to be turned on this year - thats how bad it is.

We have three ski hills within a few miles of downtown Vancouver, other than a couple of week-ends they haven't had enough snow this year to fully open and two have completely shut down operations now & the other is open but with very limited operations mostly a man made ice skating rink .... sad to look out and see the mountains totally green knowing what comes next.

Forest fires are always a big concern for those of us who live on the edge of the forest and if we are not permitted to use our automatic sprinkler systems in our yards due to water restrictions the risk is high, due to the high amount of human traffic on the recreational hiking and mountain bike trails behind our homes.

Unless the situation changes fast a lot of folks are speculating that the powers that be will also shut down public access to the recreational trails behind us for the summer. That will be a sad situation, as having so much great outdoor space, so close to the city is what makes it a special place to live & its also a big part of the tourism industry here.

We will just have to wait to see how it all plays out....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:08 AM   #42

Ontario
-8C or 18 F this balmy afternoon and expecting another 4 inches of snow today.