It's All A Matter Of Perspective - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-23-2015, 03:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
It's All A Matter Of Perspective

We just returned from the Townsend rally where there were over 80 molded fiberglass trailers in attendance. The Escape 21, (along with the Escape 5.0 TA), were the largest trailers at the rally. During the open house we kept hearing how “large” or “roomy” our Escape 21 was. It almost made us feel extravagant to have something that big. I remarked to my wife how strange it felt, because usually when we go camping our “little 21” is one of the very smallest trailers and we feel quite spartan with our minimalist self-denial. It's all a matter of perspective.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #2
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Sounds like it was a great rally Ray. Aren't there any of those big Bigfoots in Florida???
Attached Thumbnails
big foot 7155.jpg  
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:41 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
There were a couple of SOB's that were bigger, but the 21' Escape was the biggest. I was hoping to see an Oliver Legacy II, it makes the Escape 21' look small, but alas none showed up.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:26 PM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
It's all relative. We have a friend who bought a 37 foot Mobile Suite with a 4 door, 20 cubic foot fridge, dishwasher, washer dryer, king bed center island kitchen, fire place and a 5500 watt generator.... a number of Scamp 16s could fit into this thing. Heck his 237 gallons of fluid capacity is almost big enough to fit our Scamp....

He has more things, we've been to more places

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:11 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
We just returned from the Townsend rally where there were over 80 molded fiberglass trailers in attendance. The Escape 21, (along with the Escape 5.0 TA), were the largest trailers at the rally. During the open house we kept hearing how “large” or “roomy” our Escape 21 was. It almost made us feel extravagant to have something that big. I remarked to my wife how strange it felt, because usually when we go camping our “little 21” is one of the very smallest trailers and we feel quite spartan with our minimalist self-denial. It's all a matter of perspective.
Hi: Ray N... It was great seeing you two again. I sometimes refer to our 5.0TA as a "Grade A extra large egg". Big in the egg world but small in the 5th. wheel world.
We got home just in time to see some snow fluries. Brrr. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:11 AM   #6

Name: Evelyn
Oregon Coast
Here in the Oregon Coast RV park where I live full-time, in the front section where the short-term folks camp, I spotted a 13' Lil Bigfoot a few days ago. Their rig was sporting B.C. license plates, which drew my attention, too (I was born in Ontario). I hadn't seen a 13-footer for a long while, so of course had to stop to chat.

When I told them I was living full-time in a 17-footer, they had to come see my baby. They were so amazed at how much room I had! This wouldn't work for some, but for me & my 2 kitties, it's been perfect.

So, yes, I agree it's a matter of perspective.
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote