its not fair!! - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
You know...I sit here, as many of you do, reading wonderful adventures in the ides of march, and yet I look outside, to 6 inches of snow and negative numbers for temperatures. (-6F last night) and think...I want to go CAMPING!!! There is snow and ice on the roads...my puppies barely tolerate the snow and cold to go to the bathroom in...and I WANT SPRING!!!

Anyone else feel this way?
__________________

__________________
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Alf S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Posts: 3,816
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Pamela H... EVERYONE else feels that way!!! We are having our Spring Thaw!!! Over the weekend while we were away so much rain fell it is like someone up ended Lake Erie into our basement. Oh well if we list our house for sale we can include an indoor pool!!! Camping is "Our Escape Hatch" from HERE!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
__________________

__________________
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Anne H's Avatar
 
Name: Anne
Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Oregon
Posts: 465
Registry
We're even suffering here in Oregon - the rain is supposed to be warmer now!!!! But, we're still getting sleet and hail


I NEED to go camping (have a 4 day weekend planned 2-6 April at Fort Stevens SP)!!! I spent part of last weekend out putting the trailer back together - getting linens in etc. The dogs just about turned inside out thinking we were going on a trip.
__________________
Anne H and Fay Wray, the cat | Portland, OR
en Plein Air (2016 19' Escape; 2016 Honda Pilot )
http://rightbrainrightlane.blogspot.com/
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
Member
 
Trailer: Trillium 4500 and 17 ft Eggcamper
Posts: 63
Quote:
We're even suffering here in Oregon - the rain is supposed to be warmer now!!!! But, we're still getting sleet and hail


I NEED to go camping (have a 4 day weekend planned 2-6 April at Fort Stevens SP)!!! I spent part of last weekend out putting the trailer back together - getting linens in etc. The dogs just about turned inside out thinking we were going on a trip.

Spring has sprung here in Georgia, in fact it happened almost too fast. We have had temps reach 85 degrees for the past 3 days and I am beginning to wonder if we are going to move rapidly into summer! All I can say is "enjoy the cool weather while you can". And yes, we have been doing little projects on the Egg and planning our first spring outing shortly. Vi
__________________
Vi Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
Posts: 173
Well here in southern California we have permanent summer, although both the weekends we went out in our egg it either rained or it was cold and windy. I was at Bolsa Chica last weekend and the only thing I can say about the noisy place is that we got to see Dolphins. Maybe in a few weeks we will go to Pismo Beach again and it will not be raining.



Alexandra
__________________
Alexandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
Posts: 134
***Well here in southern California we have permanent summer***

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! We don't want MORE folks moving out here......

Spring here in the Central Valley has absolutely sprung!!! All the fruit trees are in full bloom - the Cherry in the back yard... it is NICE. \
Just got back from a meeting of a men's group that I belong to, and realized it was an astoundingly beautiful evening. MAN I WANNA GO TOO......

Still snow - FEET - in the high sierra, but the coast and the central valley are nice this time of the year.


Quote:
Well here in southern California we have permanent summer, although both the weekends we went out in our egg it either rained or it was cold and windy. I was at Bolsa Chica last weekend and the only thing I can say about the noisy place is that we got to see Dolphins. Maybe in a few weeks we will go to Pismo Beach again and it will not be raining.



Alexandra
__________________
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
Moderator
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Posts: 4,727
Registry
I love winter, and can take a wee bit more of it. I haven't skied enough yet this year. But come spring (late Aprilish) I want it to warm right up and stay that way until next November. I pick up my new trailer May 08 and will be at the Fort Langley meet that weekend, we want lovely warm weather for that.

Camping aside, it sure has been a much colder winter then we have seen here is quite a few years though. Heck, Calgary has had snow remain on the ground all winter, a real rarity.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (January 26)
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:03 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Robin G's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Posts: 3,440
Pam, please send us some of your snow, the last storm as well as all the others in Jan and Feb have passed us by, the mountains got hit hard but here on the plains we are as dry as I have ever seen. Got a field you can camp in if you can get the trailer down the highway. LOL...................
__________________
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
Posts: 173
With the economy the way it is around here I doubt anyone is coming here. The forclosures in my neighborhood is still rising. So I think we are safe although we have had the most rain here in years this winter. I wish I could come and see the cherry trees but no time off right now.

__________________
Alexandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
Quote:
Spring has sprung here in Georgia, in fact it happened almost too fast. We have had temps reach 85 degrees for the past 3 days and I am beginning to wonder if we are going to move rapidly into summer! All I can say is "enjoy the cool weather while you can". And yes, we have been doing little projects on the Egg and planning our first spring outing shortly. Vi
You can have our -10 degree days...I would gladly take 85 degrees right now!!
__________________
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
Quote:
Pam, please send us some of your snow, the last storm as well as all the others in Jan and Feb have passed us by, the mountains got hit hard but here on the plains we are as dry as I have ever seen. Got a field you can camp in if you can get the trailer down the highway. LOL...................

I am sending you white thoughts, Robin...Snow...Snow...
__________________
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Robin G's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Posts: 3,440
Thank You! Of course about the time I am ready to head out the snow will fly!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Posts: 336
Quote:
Thank You! Of course about the time I am ready to head out the snow will fly!
Wow! I really like your graphic!!! Way cool!
__________________
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Randya's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita
Posts: 157
I am ready for spring to! And winter hasn't really been that bad. I have three day weekends scheduled most of the summer. -1 here last night! If I ever get to retire, I am out of here from Jan. to April.
__________________

__________________
Randya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SOLD-Scamp 13-Fair Oaks, CA Greg A Classified Archives 1 02-12-2009 06:32 PM
Midwest Renewable Energy Fair DanPatWork General Chat 0 05-28-2008 05:03 PM
Fair price for 13' Scamp Bruce M. Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 9 04-21-2008 01:33 PM
Probably Not a Fair Question but ... Steve R General Chat 15 09-10-2007 05:36 PM
1966 Dorsett - Fair Oaks, CA Greg A General Chat 5 08-22-2007 06:56 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.