its not fair!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
You know...I sit here, as many of you do, reading wonderful adventures in the ides of march, and yet I look outside, to 6 inches of snow and negative numbers for temperatures. (-6F last night) and think...I want to go CAMPING!!! There is snow and ice on the roads...my puppies barely tolerate the snow and cold to go to the bathroom in...and I WANT SPRING!!!

Anyone else feel this way?
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Pamela H... EVERYONE else feels that way!!! We are having our Spring Thaw!!! Over the weekend while we were away so much rain fell it is like someone up ended Lake Erie into our basement. Oh well if we list our house for sale we can include an indoor pool!!! Camping is "Our Escape Hatch" from HERE!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
We're even suffering here in Oregon - the rain is supposed to be warmer now!!!! But, we're still getting sleet and hail

I NEED to go camping (have a 4 day weekend planned 2-6 April at Fort Stevens SP)!!! I spent part of last weekend out putting the trailer back together - getting linens in etc. The dogs just about turned inside out thinking we were going on a trip.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 4500 and 17 ft Eggcamper
Quote:
We're even suffering here in Oregon - the rain is supposed to be warmer now!!!! But, we're still getting sleet and hail

I NEED to go camping (have a 4 day weekend planned 2-6 April at Fort Stevens SP)!!! I spent part of last weekend out putting the trailer back together - getting linens in etc. The dogs just about turned inside out thinking we were going on a trip.

Spring has sprung here in Georgia, in fact it happened almost too fast. We have had temps reach 85 degrees for the past 3 days and I am beginning to wonder if we are going to move rapidly into summer! All I can say is "enjoy the cool weather while you can". And yes, we have been doing little projects on the Egg and planning our first spring outing shortly. Vi
Vi Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
Well here in southern California we have permanent summer, although both the weekends we went out in our egg it either rained or it was cold and windy. I was at Bolsa Chica last weekend and the only thing I can say about the noisy place is that we got to see Dolphins. Maybe in a few weeks we will go to Pismo Beach again and it will not be raining.

Alexandra
Alexandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
***Well here in southern California we have permanent summer***

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! We don't want MORE folks moving out here......

Spring here in the Central Valley has absolutely sprung!!! All the fruit trees are in full bloom - the Cherry in the back yard... it is NICE. \
Just got back from a meeting of a men's group that I belong to, and realized it was an astoundingly beautiful evening. MAN I WANNA GO TOO......

Still snow - FEET - in the high sierra, but the coast and the central valley are nice this time of the year.

Quote:
Well here in southern California we have permanent summer, although both the weekends we went out in our egg it either rained or it was cold and windy. I was at Bolsa Chica last weekend and the only thing I can say about the noisy place is that we got to see Dolphins. Maybe in a few weeks we will go to Pismo Beach again and it will not be raining.

Alexandra
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I love winter, and can take a wee bit more of it. I haven't skied enough yet this year. But come spring (late Aprilish) I want it to warm right up and stay that way until next November. I pick up my new trailer May 08 and will be at the Fort Langley meet that weekend, we want lovely warm weather for that.

Camping aside, it sure has been a much colder winter then we have seen here is quite a few years though. Heck, Calgary has had snow remain on the ground all winter, a real rarity.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Pam, please send us some of your snow, the last storm as well as all the others in Jan and Feb have passed us by, the mountains got hit hard but here on the plains we are as dry as I have ever seen. Got a field you can camp in if you can get the trailer down the highway. LOL...................
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:34 AM   #9

Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
With the economy the way it is around here I doubt anyone is coming here. The forclosures in my neighborhood is still rising. So I think we are safe although we have had the most rain here in years this winter. I wish I could come and see the cherry trees but no time off right now.

Alexandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Spring has sprung here in Georgia, in fact it happened almost too fast. We have had temps reach 85 degrees for the past 3 days and I am beginning to wonder if we are going to move rapidly into summer! All I can say is "enjoy the cool weather while you can". And yes, we have been doing little projects on the Egg and planning our first spring outing shortly. Vi
You can have our -10 degree days...I would gladly take 85 degrees right now!!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Pam, please send us some of your snow, the last storm as well as all the others in Jan and Feb have passed us by, the mountains got hit hard but here on the plains we are as dry as I have ever seen. Got a field you can camp in if you can get the trailer down the highway. LOL...................

I am sending you white thoughts, Robin...Snow...Snow...
Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #12

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Thank You! Of course about the time I am ready to head out the snow will fly!
Attached Images

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Thank You! Of course about the time I am ready to head out the snow will fly!
Wow! I really like your graphic!!! Way cool!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #14

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita
I am ready for spring to! And winter hasn't really been that bad. I have three day weekends scheduled most of the summer. -1 here last night! If I ever get to retire, I am out of here from Jan. to April.
Randya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #15

Quote:
I am ready for spring to! And winter hasn't really been that bad. I have three day weekends scheduled most of the summer. -1 here last night! If I ever get to retire, I am out of here from Jan. to April.
Of course, December this last year was -20...Feb was mild in comparison.