Jokes on me..... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #15

Name: Dianne
Trailer: 17 ft Casita
Saskatchewan
Brandy,

I'm sorry you are finding the job so difficult. Mine was not. We have a Boler and it wasn't gutted when I painted it. Putting in the paintable silicone was tedious, but it worked out well and didn't take long at all. I feel bad the job has caused you so much angst. But when it's done it will look so much better, you'll forget all about being angry!

Dianne

Old 10-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #16

Name: Brandy
.words I need to live by.....thou shalt not covet they neighbors trailer.........thats what got me into this painting mess in the first place

Quote:
Brandy
That was just the outside. In the past year we have also changed the table/sleeping area to a permanent bed, created a front dinette and made all new curtains. I added outside hatches to access the under seat storage and replaced all the marker lights. Somewhere in between we put a new axle underneath.
Now that wasn't too hard was it?
hen I sat back and decided to procrastinate a bit. Next year we will have to re wire the trailer. Then I want to redo the plumbing and sometime make all new cupboard and cabinet doors.
Don't forget--- You have to leave something for later, to do when you're not camping.

Jim

Old 10-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #17

Oh thanks I'm really not THAT ANGRY......just thinking about you guys while I'm painting however.....

Quote:
Brandy,

I'm sorry you are finding the job so difficult. Mine was not. We have a Boler and it wasn't gutted when I painted it. Putting in the paintable silicone was tedious, but it worked out well and didn't take long at all. I feel bad the job has caused you so much angst. But when it's done it will look so much better, you'll forget all about being angry!

Dianne
Old 10-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #18

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
You sound like the job is getting the better of you. Duck if you want 'cause here comes a pep talk. Actually, it's a lot easier when you think about only one job at a time. One area at a time. One part at a time. Then each little part gets done and becomes a part of the whole thing and little by little you do end up with a finished trailer. Don't try to do everything at the same time.
Hang in there. The first time someone says "Wow! did you do that yourself?", You'll think to yourself, "Now that wasn't so bad, was it".
We got the little 13 footer back in '94 and used it mostly, just as it came to us, until about two years ago when we decided that it needed a real face lift. I'm influenced by the thought that I can always take it camping and finish the job later. Besides my workshop is the driveway so I can only work on it on nice days. And that's when the neighbours kibbitz and offer suggestions until asked to lend a hand, and then they promptly dissapear. I sometimes think that they know my to do list better than I do myself. And that's OK too.
Give us pictures as you finish or change something and then we will all stand and cheer.
Jim
Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #19

Awwwww.......thank you. Yes the hard part is over. caulking all done, zinzer prep coat, and today the first real coat of paint. Today I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think 4 days ago when I started I was just to anxious to get it done and over with. Tomorrow I will put on the last coat and assemble it back together later in the afternoon....AND I know how you guys LOVE photos.....so I took a bunch along the way. I am thankful I took my time, no missed spots that bug the heck out of me, and it really does look AMAZING.......so here is where I come in and apologize and ask for that big ole group hug .......the funny comments along the way kept me from selling the trailer partially disasembled and halfway painted....thank you all.......... and.....it wasn't THAT difficult

Quote:
You sound like the job is getting the better of you. Duck if you want 'cause here comes a pep talk. Actually, it's a lot easier when you think about only one job at a time. One area at a time. One part at a time. Then each little part gets done and becomes a part of the whole thing and little by little you do end up with a finished trailer. Don't try to do everything at the same time.
Hang in there. The first time someone says "Wow! did you do that yourself?", You'll think to yourself, "Now that wasn't so bad, was it".
We got the little 13 footer back in '94 and used it mostly, just as it came to us, until about two years ago when we decided that it needed a real face lift. I'm influenced by the thought that I can always take it camping and finish the job later. Besides my workshop is the driveway so I can only work on it on nice days. And that's when the neighbours kibbitz and offer suggestions until asked to lend a hand, and then they promptly dissapear. I sometimes think that they know my to do list better than I do myself. And that's OK too.
Give us pictures as you finish or change something and then we will all stand and cheer.
Jim
Old 10-27-2008, 11:51 PM   #20

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona

Closest thing I see to a Group Hug....
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #21

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Brandy, IF you are 'seeing a light at the end of the tunnel', you best get the heck outta that tunnel. Its the HEADlight of an 'Extra West', LOL!! (railroad speak for an extra westbound freight train!!!)

I'm sure the results are going to be stunning, knowing your drive for perfection.
Can't wait to see the results.

Re: your 'new' motorized disco ball....
Try hanging the motor with the ball under it from the ceiling vent and shine one (or more) of your lights on it. With the newly painted walls, this effect should be be a TKO....!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #22

Ontario
Ahhh! Agroup hug. OK, circle the wagons, er, trailers.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #23

Aww come on James you know your just trying to show of your latest trailer modification to get me going again.......No way am I parking near your circle of wagons....I'm on to you guys now....... (Thanks again for the pep talk that helped....photos in 2 DAYS...hopefully)

Quote:
Ahhh! Agroup hug. OK, circle the wagons, er, trailers.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:17 AM   #24

Ontario
Unh, Unh! It's the wifes work that I show off. After all we know who the driving force is.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #25

the times my husband has gone camping someone will wander over to check out the trailer....its typicaly a guy since we fly fish, the person looking always wants a peek around for a potential fishing trailer. The questions start and are directed at my husband who replys I don't know ask her its her trailer she did all the work.....

Quote:
Unh, Unh! It's the wifes work that I show off. After all we know who the driving force is.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #26

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Brandy, doesn't it give you a great feeling KNOWING that you've accomplished all that you have with your trailer by yourself??
Old 10-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #27

struts around.....oh yeah

Quote:
Brandy, doesn't it give you a great feeling KNOWING that you've accomplished all that you have with your trailer by yourself??
Old 11-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #28

Name: Larry
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Washington
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
struts around.....oh yeah
Hmmmm --- sounds like you're having fun-- all I've been doing is a 2 week hunting /camping trip-- wish I had time to work on my trailer. Take good care of the pen..... Larry