Jumping Ship - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #15

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Hey Gina,

Once a fiberglasser always a fiberglasser.

You are part of the family.

Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #16

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Gina, Pm if you want a few easy re-fab ideas for the god awful valances they put in Motor Homes. I did it to one of ours, I hate the fabric valance! and came up with something that kept the look, but made cleaning a breeze. Gets rid of the dust collector.

And yes, the basement storage is a god send. But I have seen people fill them to the top, open them up when they pull in and all the stuff comes tumbling out!

Old 03-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #17

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
Camping is Camping no mater what you have.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #18

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
Congrats on your purchase.
Our neighbors just completed a rehab of an early nineties 31 footer, and it is beautiful. Can't say I'm not a little jealous of the space (their bedroom has more square footage than the entire Oliver interior), and they intend to use much as you do, for extended stays for work.
Luxuriate in your new space!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #19

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Hi Gina,

I always enjoy hearing about your camping adventures, whether you're in a cute little molded fiberglass trailer or a huge sticky! Plus your knowledge is invaluable and always appreciated. I hope you stay active here! You're always

Best wishes with your new rig, and belly rubs to your 4-legged friends!
Jeanne
Old 03-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #20

Name: Pamela
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Gina,
I can just see the beagles romping up and down the aisle in their new home. The kitty cat will love being able to get some space AWAY from the beagles, too, is my guess. Glad you found something that will work for you. You have been a BIG inspiration to me on this forum. If you start posting your re-decorating on a motor home forum, let us know which one so we can follow the fun and games. SOME day I'm going to make it out west, and hope to meet you and your menagerie then.
In the meantime, best wishes in the new endeavor,
Pamela S.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #21

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Quote:
Gina, Pm if you want a few easy re-fab ideas for the god awful valances they put in Motor Homes. I did it to one of ours, I hate the fabric valance! and came up with something that kept the look, but made cleaning a breeze. Gets rid of the dust collector.
Come on Robin, don't hold out on us! Fiberglass trailer have those ugly valances too! Start a new thread if you want!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #22

Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
You can always tow the burro as a"pup" trailer, seems to me someone had a sighting on this forum of a mobile coach pulling a fibreglass wonder.

joe
Old 03-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #23

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980

Gina

I have also jumped ship. Although I am not full timing, my intention is to do so. I did not think an egg would suite my needs so I went for a 35' sticky motor home. I have found that all the extra room is heaven sent. I will always have a soft spot in my heard for any and all eggs. I still come back to this sight often just to see what is going on.
You are well loved and respected on FGRV and would be missed if you did not keep in touch with your wonderful posts. Please, please don't stop.
Take care and keep us informed and remember, PICTURES< PICTURES< PICTURES

Ron
Old 03-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #24

Name: Tom
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
California
Registry
Quote:
I will no longer be in the Molded Fiberglass family.
Gina,

You will always be part of the family. You were one of the people who offered help when we were looking for an egg. Now that we have one your insights are always welcomed and anticipated. Stay on the forum and keep contributing.

Congrats on the larger digs.

Just keep reporting eggs you have spotted - someday it might be me .

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #25

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Question

Gina, we'll all miss what you've done for fiberglassrv. Thanks for everything, all your tips, suggestions, places to go, etc. Happy trails, Gina. Maybe we'll hear from you from time to time. Margaret in NW California
Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #26

Trailer: Casita
Gina, I'd hold my horse a little longer, due to the RV world is changing and with in the next two years you'll see more big but small RV's..just look at the new MPG..that just came out...it has a slid.....have a friend that just step into a big boy, and now he's looking a a Casita for the big boy takes Big gas to push...good luck...
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #27

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
You can always tow the burro as a"pup" trailer
So that's what one calls a fiberglass doghouse on wheels!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #28

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Thank you all for the kind words.

I am NOT going to leave the forum, but thought I would put it out there that I no longer "Glass" it. There is still a lot to do here, and you folks are a special breed. I have met many new friends here, some that have turned into more than camping buddies. How can I give up that, eh?

I am already looking at cabin tents, as I will have the Jeep to tote gear in for camping. As mentioned, this rig is not really a camping rig, it is a small apt on wheels and it would be kind of strange to start it up and go camping, especially since my choice of sites would be limited.

Yes, the dogs love the extra space and the hallway has turned into the indy 500. The dashboard is also a source of enjoyment.. they get a good view from there (UGH!) The cat enjoys it too, he has a much bigger room here. Very private and BIG. He has the whole underside of one of the beds. (Rear twins) I cut a hole in a remote corner where HE can get in, but not the dogs. All I have to do is lift up the bed, its on hydrolics, to get to his litter box every couple of days.

Liz, the carpet is powder blue, the upholstery is gray and tan... I am not sure what color it will be after I clean it :-P

First order of interior business is getting it low voltage friendly. It will go all LED and etc.

Fixing the poor patch jobs on the roof is the absolute highest priority, however. It leaks like a sieve!