Jumping Ship - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #21

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Gina, Pm if you want a few easy re-fab ideas for the god awful valances they put in Motor Homes. I did it to one of ours, I hate the fabric valance! and came up with something that kept the look, but made cleaning a breeze. Gets rid of the dust collector.
Come on Robin, don't hold out on us! Fiberglass trailer have those ugly valances too! Start a new thread if you want!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #22

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
You can always tow the burro as a"pup" trailer, seems to me someone had a sighting on this forum of a mobile coach pulling a fibreglass wonder.

joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #23

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980

Gina

I have also jumped ship. Although I am not full timing, my intention is to do so. I did not think an egg would suite my needs so I went for a 35' sticky motor home. I have found that all the extra room is heaven sent. I will always have a soft spot in my heard for any and all eggs. I still come back to this sight often just to see what is going on.
You are well loved and respected on FGRV and would be missed if you did not keep in touch with your wonderful posts. Please, please don't stop.
Take care and keep us informed and remember, PICTURES< PICTURES< PICTURES

Ron
Ron Wrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #24

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
I will no longer be in the Molded Fiberglass family.
Gina,

You will always be part of the family. You were one of the people who offered help when we were looking for an egg. Now that we have one your insights are always welcomed and anticipated. Stay on the forum and keep contributing.

Congrats on the larger digs.

Just keep reporting eggs you have spotted - someday it might be me .

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #25

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Question

Gina, we'll all miss what you've done for fiberglassrv. Thanks for everything, all your tips, suggestions, places to go, etc. Happy trails, Gina. Maybe we'll hear from you from time to time. Margaret in NW California
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #26

Trailer: Casita
Gina, I'd hold my horse a little longer, due to the RV world is changing and with in the next two years you'll see more big but small RV's..just look at the new MPG..that just came out...it has a slid.....have a friend that just step into a big boy, and now he's looking a a Casita for the big boy takes Big gas to push...good luck...
Emmitt G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #27

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
You can always tow the burro as a"pup" trailer
So that's what one calls a fiberglass doghouse on wheels!
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #28

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Thank you all for the kind words.

I am NOT going to leave the forum, but thought I would put it out there that I no longer "Glass" it. There is still a lot to do here, and you folks are a special breed. I have met many new friends here, some that have turned into more than camping buddies. How can I give up that, eh?

I am already looking at cabin tents, as I will have the Jeep to tote gear in for camping. As mentioned, this rig is not really a camping rig, it is a small apt on wheels and it would be kind of strange to start it up and go camping, especially since my choice of sites would be limited.

Yes, the dogs love the extra space and the hallway has turned into the indy 500. The dashboard is also a source of enjoyment.. they get a good view from there (UGH!) The cat enjoys it too, he has a much bigger room here. Very private and BIG. He has the whole underside of one of the beds. (Rear twins) I cut a hole in a remote corner where HE can get in, but not the dogs. All I have to do is lift up the bed, its on hydrolics, to get to his litter box every couple of days.

Liz, the carpet is powder blue, the upholstery is gray and tan... I am not sure what color it will be after I clean it :-P

First order of interior business is getting it low voltage friendly. It will go all LED and etc.

Fixing the poor patch jobs on the roof is the absolute highest priority, however. It leaks like a sieve!

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #29

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Quote:
I am NOT going to leave the forum, but thought I would put it out there that I no longer "Glass" it. There is still a lot to do here, and you folks are a special breed. I have met many new friends here, some that have turned into more than camping buddies. How can I give up that, eh?
Then you have not "jumped ship"...just changed vessels! Hope to see you in your Oregon port!
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #30

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
you will always be apart of the fiberglass rv family ..

lets see some pics
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #31

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Gina

Don't forget, you can bring that tent to Lake Casitas.. you are welcome with or without the fiberglass.

We're happy that you were able to find the perfect motor home for you and your dogs and cat. I know we could not use our 17' trailer with 2 dogs and a cat.. Jerry is perfect as the one only.

Carol
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #32

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft
Hi Gina, Well you've got some company! Dee and I just purchased a fiberglass "clad" 19 ft HI LO that has been around the block a coupla times. Gives me plenty to tinker with. We will see you again one of these days at some park I'm sure. By the way our Jeep is just delighted. Best of luck. Keith
Attached Thumbnails
100_1038.jpg  
Jayfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:03 AM   #33

What about towing your Burro, selling your Liberty and getting a scooter for running errands?, say it ain't so!
shane n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #34

Trailer: Former U-Haul and Casita owner (now Class C Motorhome)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Stewart
Angry

i'm also starting my fulltiming gina, i bought a 1999 class c, 32ft, with 20,000 from my sister. i too thought fulltiming in "glass" was dificult with my disabilitys. i wish the "glass would come in a "bigger" model, maybe someday. i leave florida on the 22nd of april to start my travel for the summer, first stop the mountains of georgia and fron there who knows. i just have to be back in florida in september to renew my drivers license. happy camping
Tom Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #35

Registry
Now THERE'S an idea! If only they made little helmets for Beagles and Tabbys.

I DID get to do what I had always wanted to do in the Burro tho. I put in an electric fireplace/stove. Tacky, but fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	winniefire.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	26726

and the "Running Hall" (Which is what I have named the rig... Running Hall, Home of Princess Relay and her man servant Sticky)

Click image for larger version

Name:	winniehall.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	26727

And the bedroom, of course they have their own bed.. but this isn't it. I can't win.

Attached Thumbnails
winniebedroom.jpg  
Old 03-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #36

Registry
Good on you Tom! Welcome to fulltiming!

Try Arizona for drivers license. It is basically for life. You have to renew at 65 and have eyes tested, but you don't worry about renewal for decades (Depending on your age)
Old 03-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #37

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Very nice Gina!

Looks like your "all" getting settled in. Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #38

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
[quote]I DID get to do what I had always wanted to do in the Burro tho. I put in an electric fireplace/stove. Tacky, but fun.

Name:   fireplace.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  3.1 KB

I love your fireplace; great idea!

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #39

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I love the "fireplace" and the bed covers! And the blue ruffled valance covers. I can actually say they are worse than the rosey tan ones in the BF!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #40

Registry
Sounds to me like some of you could do as well with a 19' 5th wheel Scamp???
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote