Just happened upon this "stolen trailer" post and thought i'd share - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #1

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
Exclamation Just happened upon this "stolen trailer" post and thought i'd share

STOLEN ALERT: Bigfoot Trailer stolen from Rundle Mtn Campground - Canmore, AB, Canada | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Saw this last night, hopefully someone can help.................. Keep your eye's open!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #3

Name: richie
Trailer: Casita patriot deluxe (sold)
Virginia
several years back on some camper sight, it was suggested to add 2" or larger numbers on top of your camper where it could be seen from the air,,& Not from the ground-like the last # of the Vin or something. Our FG campers are pretty vunerable.simce they are light weight.
sparky1 in s.Va.
ps; mine is always locked to a vehicle @ home.since it's not always in plain sight.
sparky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #4

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
richie---that suggestion about roof numbers is an excellent one. thanks
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #5

Virginia
your welcome-I had 4# on my Cassie---but they are off right now---for stripping & Waxing they had currled any way.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #6

Name: John J.
Trailer: 13' Scamp / 34' Sunnybrook Titan
Virginia
Richie, What's the norm about putting number on roof of trailer? The VIN # or your Phone number w/area code?
Never thought of that, but a great idea. I will also put my name in several cubbie holes where one has to remove things to see it... behind the refrigerator burner, under the chassis, somewhere a mechanic might see it should it need repairs..
John J. Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #7

Virginia
I would/Did last 4 VIN-2" numbers.-never my ph #.Thief allready has your registration he knows where you live. in my case---i use po box for registration, but GOVT is going to change that,so they can find you, adding some sort of "key" word might work-"I have a different one" other than Last name, i use for that,or just first & last initial like my tools have..I also have big link Chain i put thru the spokes when parked in a CG around (1) wheel but i rarely drive off & leave Cassie, Vunerable.and the anti sway (never) where it can be stolen AGAIN. i was in a VA state park someone stole the tention bars at night ---i had to buy the whole thing, can't replace just the bars,
it's a shame things have become a thiefs paradise,,IE shore power cables get cut--gone in a flash-.
take care.
sparky1 in S.Va.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #8

Name: John J.
Trailer: 13' Scamp / 34' Sunnybrook Titan
Virginia
Thank You Richie, never thought about anti sway bars being stollen. did wonder if folks have had their spare tire stollen. Best way to secure it? I don't like to park in high traffic areas, Haven't had any trouble in WalMart lots, Small town strip malls, Hospital parking lots, Grocery store lots, have always asked permission and often give a photo of our rig to manager if wanted. john in Chesapeake VA.
John J. Norris is offline   Reply With Quote