Just ordered a new Casita 17' - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-05-2015, 03:07 PM   #15

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
we bring our cat along. She will like the expanded space. We toyed with the Captains chairs but wanted to try them out before ordered so will be pleased to see yours someday. There is a fiberglass rally in door county in June.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:08 PM   #16

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
Alan, our tow vehicle is a Ford Ranger.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #17

Name: Tom and Stephanie
Trailer: Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe
Wisconsin
Tow Vehicle for Casita

We WILL be towing with our 2005 Tundra small 8 with factory tow package. I anticipate no trouble whatsoever.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #18

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Casita
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyyyyguy View Post
Well here goes, we ordered our new Spirit Deluxe w/ awning, LED,high lift and vinyl floor. Will be picking it up late Feb - early March. Our Scamp 13 was great but we like the bigger bed and side dinette and 4 more feet for dances and family get togethers

We got our 2015 17' SD at the end of October. We have owned larger RV's (a class C), we have owned smaller (a T@B ) we have found the Casita to be the perfect size. Easy to tow with our F150, easy to fit in tiny camp sites and plenty big for us. Like many we leave the rear dinette down with the bed made. The side dinette provides plenty of space for us and I love not setting up and breaking down a bed.

You will enjoy your new rig, Val and I sure love ours.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #19

Wisconsin
Tacoma

My Tundra is just a shade bigger motor than your Tacoma. I would think that you have more than enough power....the towing package (oil cooler etc.) is probably the most important but then I'm not a mechanic, just a Humanities major............
Old 12-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #20

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Are you guys using a sway bar /wdh both or ??
My vehicle is rated for towing 6500 lbs..... Just sort if curious... I figure the best advice is from someone towing one

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-05-2015, 03:29 PM   #21

Wisconsin
Awning Tie down?

What steps have y'all taken to keep the awning from flying away when a wind/breeze comes up? I've been hearing some tales from the crypt about awnings and the fly away syndrome.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #22

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyyyyguy View Post
we bring our cat along. She will like the expanded space. We toyed with the Captains chairs but wanted to try them out before ordered so will be pleased to see yours someday. There is a fiberglass rally in door county in June.
We selected the swivel chairs for our Casita. If forced to stay indoors we figured a swivel would be more comfortable than a bench.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita 17 LD
Kentucky
Casita questions

We are towing our 17 ft Liberty with a 1/2 ton Silverado without a sway bar or weight distribution hitch.

I use an awning tie down strap and watch the weather and if the forecast is for more than 15 mph winds I take it down.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:56 PM   #24

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cantrell View Post
What steps have y'all taken to keep the awning from flying away when a wind/breeze comes up? I've been hearing some tales from the crypt about awnings and the fly away syndrome.

We purchased the awning factory tie down system from the USA distributor. It is pretty nice. We do like most, never leave it out at night or when you leave the camp site. It goes out and in very quickly.

We also purchased the lower awning gasket to eliminate the waterfall that occurs as the rain cascades off the roof. It works well and just presses into place and does not come loose on the road. We can leave the awning out in a rain and with the gasket everything under the awning, including the entry door, stays dry. Another benifit is some have reported interior leaks as water cascades down the side and into the fridge vents, the gasket also seems to help with that. You can search utube and find a video a guy did regarding installing his.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:45 PM   #25

Name: Susan
Trailer: Casita 17' SD; Tow Vehicle 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
North Carolina
Registry
Congratulations on your new Casita. I picked up my new 17' SD in May of this year and have had a blast using it. Like some of the others, I spend most of my time outside, but I have to admit it was kinda fun earlier this fall to actually hook up to cable TV and enjoy watching football one day. Very cozy for me (and my dog Lincoln) with the weather 29 degrees and overcast! A four hour hike earlier in the day made us appreciate our little cave even more! Happy camping to all of you!
Old 12-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #26

Name: Susan
Trailer: Casita 17' SD; Tow Vehicle 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
North Carolina
Registry
Conrad ... Where did you purchase the gasket? That would be so nice! I will look for the you tube video too.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:08 PM   #27

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan J View Post
Conrad ... Where did you purchase the gasket? That would be so nice! I will look for the you tube video too.
Susan

Fiamma Inc. - Home

Same place as the awning tie town

Conrad
Old 12-05-2015, 10:37 PM   #28

Name: Bill & Pam
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 17.5
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan J View Post
Susan, did you find a youtube video?

Tags
casita