Just picked up lil snoozy - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #29

Name: Ruth
Trailer: 2014 livin lite
Virginia
Welcome Glenn & Amy

Welcome to Glenn and Amy,

They bought a lil snoozy the same day I did. I'm hoping we'll inspire each other (or they'll help me, they are handier than I am) to make itza doozy better and better.

I haven't weighed it. I'll have to look inside for a sticker that says the weight.

My next big project on it: is to find a way to get a bike rack on my tow vehicle, above the hitch, or put it somehow on the snoozy, in the front. I sure like taking the bikes. I could wheel them inside the snoozy, but they would make the trailer dirty, and that's the dog's job.

The people at Lil Snoozy have been terrific. Talked to Alan several times today. I'm feeling very supported by them.

Ruth

Old 07-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #30

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
The back door is ideal for loading bikes and canoes, something that can not be done in the other fg trailers. Just put some carpet remnants down and load it up. The tongue racks are not recommended unless you have a class iv hitch due to the weight issue. I bought folding bikes and a travel bag from CW.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #31

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The back door is ideal for loading bikes and canoes, something that can not be done in the other fg trailers. Just put some carpet remnants down and load it up. The tongue racks are not recommended unless you have a class iv hitch due to the weight issue. I bought folding bikes and a travel bag from CW.
You got me curious about my ClassIII hitch and the tongue weight capacity.Since it has been years and a couple of mods since I last checked it, I went out to the shop and weighed the tongue of my 13 Scamp front bath with a full tank of propane, a class 27 battery and two bikes on the front rack, the front closet about as full as travel, a couple gallons in the black tank and no cargo or water behind the axle. It is just under 260lbs.
We normally travel with about 75lbs of aditional water and gear behind the rear axle, which should bring the tongue weight easily under 250lbs.
That is half the rated tongue capacity for a ClassIII non distributing hitch and right at the appropriate tongue weight for a 2000lb trailer.
On the LiL Snoozy in particular, it appears that the design would prohibit any practical front rack unless it was mounted on the slope! Hmmm,maybe that could be done!
It is a good subject to breach occasionally, since it is often ignored when discussing towing capacity.
This is a great opportunity to remind everyone to review and reweigh whenever any significant mod is undertaken, whether it is front or back,...bicycles, generators or tongueboxes...
Thanks

BTW;one more thanks for the marketing idea. We are now refitting a trailswest camper (rear entry).
How long is the average kayak?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:09 AM   #32

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
That is a really cool looking rig and sure to draw a lot of lookers....very futuristic look and I like it. Good Luck with it.
Joe
Old 08-01-2011, 05:57 AM   #33

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The back door is ideal for loading bikes and canoes, something that can not be done in the other fg trailers.
Folks who own the Lil Joe, Compacts and all those kissin' cousins might take exception to this statement
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:47 AM   #34

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I love your little trailer.

A couple of little windows for ventilation in the bed area would be a great addition.
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #35

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Rocky mounts on a 2x4 are handy. Or any other piece of wood that is removable so you can take it out of your camper or vehicle... out of the way.
Attached Thumbnails
bike_mount.jpg   rockymount.jpg  

Old 08-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #36

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Ruth, Now its time to hit the road at least for a short trip. Then post the pics and your experience with the new Snoozy.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #37

Name: Ruth
Trailer: 2014 livin lite
Virginia
I like those wooden mounts for bikes. I'm gonna have to find a way to bring our two bikes. That's an interesting way to bring the bikes. They could just fit in the center of the snoozy.

I have one small window in the bed area. It was extra to put a 2nd small window, and I got too cheap at the end. We'll see.....

I'm planning a camping trip this weekend. We're going to the James river state park. I need to get away from work, lots of very sick dogs today. I absolutely have to try out the snoozy. I've been day dreaming about it since Melissa posted about eye candy. I like that it's so different. And it's not boxy at all.

Ruth
Old 08-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #38

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Ruth, the pictures below are from the inside of a Casita, but it may give you an idea on how to transport your bikes safely inside your snoozy.
Attached Thumbnails
InsideBikeRake-1.jpg   InsideBikeRake-2.jpg  

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #39

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
BTW;one more thanks for the marketing idea. We are now refitting a trailswest camper (rear entry).
How long is the average kayak?
Floyd, many kayaks are 10' or 12' long. I've seen as short as 9' and as long as 15', but greater extremes may exist.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #40

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
We put in the extra window in the sleeping area for cross venting. We go camping next Tues for a trial run. Can't wait to try out the snoozy!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #41

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam B View Post
We put in the extra window in the sleeping area for cross venting. We go camping next Tues for a trial run. Can't wait to try out the snoozy!
Any pictures of your unit, we love looking at other FG's.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #42

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
Will post some pics as soon as I figure out the process here. Actually, ruth covered it pretty well in the previous discussion. Ours is only slightly different, as they discover different ways to better assemble the trailers, they change a little over time. I hope they work out the "bugs" for the next batch of trailers, and let us know what changes are being made. We anticipate lots of interest when we go upstate next week.