Just purchased '02 Bonair Oxygen - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-17-2006, 08:34 AM   #15

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
I'm trying to imagine a perfect tow vehicle for it, one that would be complementary, as in an art form.

AMC Pacer?

Ford Taurus?

Cadillac El Dorado?

Old 04-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #16

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
WELL, WELL, WELL, HELLO THERE

Glad to account for another one! 5 so far!
Did you get it from a recent widow in Northern Ont? I talked to one last year, when someone here was asking for an O2.
This beats tenting all to heck. I see you don't have those bed side cushions in place. They are one thing you can leave home without. Unless you have a big crowd in, and some need to sit on your bed. They are interesting to look at, but not to live with.
Welcome here and glad you are joining us with another O2.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:51 PM   #17

Quote:
I'm trying to imagine a perfect tow vehicle for it, one that would be complementary, as in an art form.

AMC Pacer?

Ford Taurus?

Cadillac El Dorado?
in 2007-08 with a 1934 Desota Airfow 4 door sedan!!!
jean
Old 04-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #18

Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Quote:
It has the toilet only. The whole stall is fiberglass though and it probably wouldn't take much to install. I've read somewhere on these forums about someone who installed one, but I don't think we'd want to nor have the need to use it. It'll end up being more closet space more likely. The toilet will come in handy at night though.
I think it was Pete Drewcock who installed a shower in his Oxygen. When he doesn't turn the water on, I'm pretty sure its a closet.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #19

Name: Trevor Hopkins/Tracy MacKay
Trailer: Bonair
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
[b] WELL, WELL, WELL, HELLO THERE

Glad to account for another one! 5 so far!
Did you get it from a recent widow in Northern Ont? I talked to one last year, when someone here was asking for an O2.
This beats tenting all to heck. I see you don't have those bed side cushions in place. They are one thing you [b]can leave home without. Unless you have a big crowd in, and some need to sit on your bed. They are interesting to look at, but not to live with.
Welcome here and glad you are joining us with another O2.

Hi Jean,

Yes we did buy it from Susan. She is such a nice lady and just never got to use it.

The bedside cushions are in plastic in the laundry room. I don't expect we'll need them any time soon. If I don't have them in the trailer, then nobody will be able to stay in there with us (too bad ha ha).

Any tips or things to watch for with ours? From your own experience with yours.

Trevor
Old 04-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #20

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
MY goodness, THAT trailer is a BEAUTY. I love it!!!!!!!

My hubby and I, too- were tired of even the set-up involved with our pop-up. weeee hooo- now it's just pull in, and that's it!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:47 PM   #21

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Does anyone know how many Oxygen trailers were produced before Bonair went bankrupt? Seems a terrible shame, considering what an absolutely beautiful trailer it is.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #22

Ontario
Registry
Talking

We did a lot of research on the Oxygen and it's two years of production. We spoke to former Bonair dealers and also found some info on the bankruptcy protection Peak/Bonair was trying to obtain via the internet

Prior to the 2001 models, Bonair had not produced ar new model for two years while they developed the new lightweight Oxygen trailers. Apparently the 2001 model year had only 30 units built and ALL were returned to bonair by the dealers for various quality control and weight problems. Peak purchased the company and repaired and/or dismantled those units during the rest of that year.

For the 2002 model year, 70 units were produced (after fixing those prior concerns) and all were sold to retail dealers and customers before Peak and it's subsidiary companies went bankrupt.

I have spoken to a few dealers over the last couple of weeks and was told that in fact the 2002 model year was very successful and they had waited for more units to no avail.

So hopefully....ours being an '02 model it should be 'smooth sailing'.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:34 PM   #23

Ontario
Registry
Incidentally...some dealers said they did not do well (for them) at all because of the price.

You never know. I do know that it is the perfect fit for us and we still can't wait to get out there.

T and T
Old 04-18-2006, 11:30 AM   #24

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
I'm trying to imagine a perfect tow vehicle for it, one that would be complementary, as in an art form...
Although there are cars with vertical tapered hoods that would echo the Oxygen shape well, I think the most generally egg-shaped tug around is the (long out of production) Toyota Previa. I think at least one FiberglassRV member tows with one.

For those who can't picture one, here are some Airflow images.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #25

Brian, Thanks for the Airflow images.Ours looks like Chuck Cochran's '34 except it's a four door. It is even gray so it matches the Oxygen for now

Trevor and Tracey, The cushions I meant are not for the beds, but for the walls for back rests if you are sitting on the permanent bed. The problem is where to stash them when you got to said bed. Just 2 more things to dump on the table. Somewhere way- back- when Dale Baxter took some interior shots of our trailer and those cushion s may be on the back bed. It was our first trip and we didn't know not to bother taking them. A search of Dale and Pat Baxter's postings or of Oyxgen postings may find it if that is a part that the techno whizes here were able to restore.
70 Huh? Well they've got to be out there somewhere. Several went to Alberta and some to B.C. 1 to Texas -Denis drove up to Northern Ontatio to pick his up! There must be a bunch of them in Quebec or New Brunswick i.e. closer to the factory.
Problems?.. We had water coming onto bed through seal of window behind bathroom ( 2nd window back of door) last summer. Trying to find a stick on bumper-shooter to go over the windows, but windows pivot out so clearance is an issue. No luck yet.
jean
Old 04-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #26

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
Incidentally...some dealers said they did not do well (for them) at all because of the price.
How much were they, new?

As I keep repeating, the Oxygen has to be one of the coolest looking fiberglass eggs. You'd have to go to one of those funky European fiberglass caravans to find something to match it in total coolness.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:38 PM   #27

i did the search:
the interior pix are under 'Legacy Posts', and the pictures boxes do not open. They were under Patricia Baxter and Dale did the pictures.
jean
Old 04-18-2006, 04:07 PM   #28

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Brian, Thanks for the Airflow images.Ours looks like Chuck Cochran's '34 except it's a four door. It is even gray so it matches the Oxygen [b]for now

Trevor and Tracey, The cushions I meant are not for the beds, but for the walls for back rests if you are sitting on the permanent bed. The problem is where to stash them when you got to said bed. Just 2 more things to dump on the table. Somewhere way- back- when Dale Baxter took some interior shots of our trailer and those cushion s may be on the back bed. It was our first trip and we didn't know not to bother taking them. A search of Dale and Pat Baxter's postings or of Oyxgen postings may find it if that is a part that the techno whizes here were able to restore.
70 Huh? Well they've got to be out there somewhere. Several went to Alberta and some to B.C. 1 to Texas -Denis drove up to Northern Ontatio to pick his up! There must be a bunch of them in Quebec or New Brunswick i.e. closer to the factory.
Problems?.. We had water coming onto bed through seal of window behind bathroom ( 2nd window back of door) last summer. Trying to find a stick on bumper-shooter to go over the windows, but windows pivot out so clearance is an issue. No luck yet.
jean
Hi Jean,

The same window on ours had water coming in, and believe it or not after it went to the RV dealership to get looked at for new rubber stripping, all they had to do was tighten the hinges. You can spray them with a fire hose now and water won't get in.

Tags
oxygen