just thought some of you might want to see their lineup. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2018, 05:06 PM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
just thought some of you might want to see their lineup.

Escape Trailer Industries – Chilliwack, British Columbia
I'm torn between the 19' Escape, or a new twin bed Class B+ MH.
I really like some of the B+'s on the market now after lumbering around the north for 11 weeks in our 30' Itasca with big V10, towing a 3700# Toad, big problem I have is my wife likes her walk around Queen bed which means she does not have to crawl over me to get to the loo in the middle of the night and if I switch with her I would wake her up at least 3 times in doing the same thing.
These new B+'s have everything our 30' has but in a smaller way.
If we go for the 19' or 21' Escape it will mean a new truck (tv) and My wife hates trucks where being a man I love them. I cannot get her to understand my living included every kind of truck over the years and around the house and the cabin on the lake. Though for a few years I drove our little Toyota Corolla up to Pemberton and over the worst man made road around for cars sometimes racing to beat a snow storm going up the Hurley River Pass to Tyaughton lake, same going back, but thankfully we had another way out if word got back to us 2' of fresh snow.
Or to just keep the 30' MH for now and see what time brings.
stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:15 PM   #2

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Cool story
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:37 PM   #3

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
You can do a win/win compromise and get a van that has the hauling power of a truck. That way you can still haul a lot of stuff in it like sheets of plywood, lumber, bags of concrete without having it get wet when it rains.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:58 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
yeah, a van or a proper rear wheel drive SUV such as a Tahoe, Expedition...

the Escape 21 has an almost walkaround almost queen. my wife sleeps on the curb side, where you can put your feet down about 4' from the end of the bed, I sleep on the street side, where I can slip out from under the blankets and 'squirm' down to the foot of the bed, we're both happy.

our favorite feature is the big (for a fiberglass) fridge, and the optional propane oven. we haven't used the microwave yet, but the oven gets used nearly every meal.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:19 AM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
yeah, a van or a proper rear wheel drive SUV such as a Tahoe, Expedition...

the Escape 21 has an almost walkaround almost queen. my wife sleeps on the curb side, where you can put your feet down about 4' from the end of the bed, I sleep on the street side, where I can slip out from under the blankets and 'squirm' down to the foot of the bed, we're both happy.

our favorite feature is the big (for a fiberglass) fridge, and the optional propane oven. we haven't used the microwave yet, but the oven gets used nearly every meal.
:Yes I agree with you on the 2 door Fridge even if only for 2 people. If no 21" oven then it has to have a Convection Oven so my wife can bake her non gluten breads, buns etc. or is a no go. Squirming will not do both my knees are shot and I right now I have Diabetic feet which means pain at times. My wife now hates having to crawl over me during the night and waking me as I will not go back to sleep unless she bonks me on the head and hopes I wake up later.
Old age is not always fun!
Stude
Old 08-07-2018, 01:23 AM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
You can do a win/win compromise and get a van that has the hauling power of a truck. That way you can still haul a lot of stuff in it like sheets of plywood, lumber, bags of concrete without having it get wet when it rains.
:my favorite trucks are 1967 to 1979 Ford F100 and F150 with inline 6 or 351V8 either C or W
In Chevrolet & GMC it is 1958 to 1972 and the old perfect 350 V8. Both the Ford and the Chev/GMC have to come with PS, PB, & a automatic, cannot do Manual any more as I will probably lose a foot or two soon.
stude
Old 08-07-2018, 01:50 AM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
my /new/ favorite truck is the 1st version Ford SuperDuty, mine is a 2002 F250 7.3 powerstroke diesel. put about 5000 miles on it so far and really happy with it.

the later Econoline vans were very solid. We had a 2001 E150 van for 10 years, it had some transmission problems, went through 3 transmissions in 20K miles. They got a much nicer transmission in 2008 or 9, we rented a 2010-ish U-Haul E250 short cargo van and used it for a road trip, it was awesome. Not sure I like the new style vans as much, they have way more room inside, but they are very low to the ground, and they don't do at all well on gravel roads.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:29 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
Escape Trailer Industries – Chilliwack, British Columbia
I'm torn between the 19' Escape, or a new twin bed Class B+ MH.
I really like some of the B+'s on the market now after lumbering around the north for 11 weeks in our 30' Itasca with big V10, towing a 3700# Toad, big problem I have is my wife likes her walk around Queen bed which means she does not have to crawl over me to get to the loo in the middle of the night and if I switch with her I would wake her up at least 3 times in doing the same thing.
These new B+'s have everything our 30' has but in a smaller way.
If we go for the 19' or 21' Escape it will mean a new truck (tv) and My wife hates trucks where being a man I love them. I cannot get her to understand my living included every kind of truck over the years and around the house and the cabin on the lake. Though for a few years I drove our little Toyota Corolla up to Pemberton and over the worst man made road around for cars sometimes racing to beat a snow storm going up the Hurley River Pass to Tyaughton lake, same going back, but thankfully we had another way out if word got back to us 2' of fresh snow.
Or to just keep the 30' MH for now and see what time brings.
stude
:I saw in there that in 2019 no more Electric Awnings so that will be a saving of $700.00 from then 2018 models.
Stude