LA parking or RV park, or hotel with good parking - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-27-2015, 11:00 PM   #1

Name: Lorraine
Trailer: 2008 13' Trillium Outback
British Columbia
LA parking or RV park, or hotel with good parking

Hello, I'm Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My husband Tom and I will be pulling our tiny 13 foot trillium trailer to San Filipe from Victoria BC. But our daughter is working and staying in downtown LA. We want to stay with her for 2 nights but can't figure out what to do with the trailer. The nearest RV park is 20 miles from downtown and I know LA traffic can be a nightmare so we don't want to stay that far away. We don't really need a RV park we just need a place where we can safely park the trailer so we can stay with my daughter. Street parking is non existent where she lives. All the nearby parking lots seem to only be operational during the work day and they are indoor car parks not an open lot that could accommodate a trailer. I'm hoping someone might have suggestions on where we could find a safe place to leave the trailer?
Thank you, Lorraine and Tom
55goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 05:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Find a church parking lot and then make a donation to the padre.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 07:33 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Contact my son Derek at happier camper and I'm sure he would be able to help you out . He is about 5 min from downtown LA .
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:14 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Contact my son Derek at happier camper and I'm sure he would be able to help you out . He is about 5 min from downtown LA .
Nice! And you'd get a look at the the new HC1 while you're there... Could be dangerous...
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Late thought… whatever you end up doing, get a really good coupler lock if you're going to leave it parked somewhere, and maybe a cable through a wheel and around the axle as well. Small fiberglass trailers are hot targets for thieves, as Derek of Happier Camper can attest. I believe one of his rental units was stolen a while back. Never heard if it was ever recovered…
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:20 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Ontario
Yes Jon we actually had two trailers stollen in one night from our old lot and they have never been recovered .Our mistake was to have them on a highly visible corner in a high traffic area ,I think everyone in LA new they were there. We have since moved to a highly secured walled in compound that you would never see unless you were given directions there.we feel pretty confident all our trailers are safe there .In hindsight the devastating loss of those two trailers is what led us to building the HC1
Old 12-29-2015, 01:19 PM   #7

British Columbia
Thanks for info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Thanks so much for the info. I just looked at Happier Camper website and yes.... I could be tempted! I'll call Derek and see what I can
set up. I have a new door window that I would like to get installed. Do you think he could do that?
Old 12-29-2015, 01:20 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Late thought… whatever you end up doing, get a really good coupler lock if you're going to leave it parked somewhere, and maybe a cable through a wheel and around the axle as well. Small fiberglass trailers are hot targets for thieves, as Derek of Happier Camper can attest. I believe one of his rental units was stolen a while back. Never heard if it was ever recovered…
Good point. I have a cheap lock and should get a new one.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:05 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55goddess View Post
Thanks so much for the info. I just looked at Happier Camper website and yes.... I could be tempted! I'll call Derek and see what I can
set up. I have a new door window that I would like to get installed. Do you think he could do that?
Loraine I think if your timing is right they could install your window no problem unless they are swamped at that time outfitting the HC1