Large rise in National Park entrance fee proposal - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 04:28 PM   #61
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
My bad! I fixed it!..... bureaucracy is spelled as shown.
Me too
Old 10-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #62

Name: Eric
Trailer: 1987 Casita 16
Illinois
fixing it

There really are not easy solutions to the problems of the parks usage and budget needs. If none of the thousands who visited Yellowstone went to the national parks, there would be even less of an inclination for government to do anything about it. And even less funds to maintain them. If there are not a few rangers around, there will be more "cutting across switchbacks" and other things that are done now, but hopefully kept in check by those who watch over them. There are a lot of deer taken out of season by those whose land they are on, butchered quickly, and the meat frozen and stored. If there were no Game Wardens, imagine how quickly the populations of hunted animals would be destroyed. I think the issue is far less about the costs, and far more about the future use of the money, the care of the parks, and need for those parks and lands to be wisely used.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #63

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricAllyn View Post
There really are not easy solutions to the problems of the parks usage and budget needs. If none of the thousands who visited Yellowstone went to the national parks, there would be even less of an inclination for government to do anything about it. And even less funds to maintain them. If there are not a few rangers around, there will be more "cutting across switchbacks" and other things that are done now, but hopefully kept in check by those who watch over them. There are a lot of deer taken out of season by those whose land they are on, butchered quickly, and the meat frozen and stored. If there were no Game Wardens, imagine how quickly the populations of hunted animals would be destroyed. I think the issue is far less about the costs, and far more about the future use of the money, the care of the parks, and need for those parks and lands to be wisely used.
Notice to all competent hunters... PLEASE! come to my county and harvest as many deer as you can carry, just save some room to stop by my house and get as many rabbits as you might want... Oh and I do have one particularly destructive squirrel with a bounty on his head!
Old 10-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #64

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Too much political discussion here, so I am shutting this thread down until I can review it later. It sure would be great if you all could self moderate and follow rules, making the life of a moderator easier.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread