Last nights weather - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-13-2016, 06:24 AM   #15

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Registry
Great description, Steve! At 5300' in Arizona, I have also enjoyed the quiet solitude of a snowy evening at the end of a snow shovel (minus the cigar!). I love the hush that descends as the normally busy road in front of our house shuts down under a blanket of snow, and the mountain rising from the canyon behind our property disappears behind a snowy curtain, to reemerge transformed in the morning.

For myself I'm thankful it's an occasional treat, not a lifestyle, and a few hours' drive to the Sonoran Desert for a mid-winter Scamping break!

Thanks for the pictures. Stay warm, all!

Old 12-13-2016, 07:46 AM   #16

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
I am glad you folks love your cold and snow - please keep it up there!! I am different as I greatly prefer hot weather - not shriveling up under coats, hats, gloves, and shivering. Takes all kinds to make a world. So now (it is 45 degrees here) I am hating this cold and yearning for July or August (98 degrees).

Old 12-13-2016, 08:06 AM   #17

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie B in NC View Post
I am glad you folks love your cold and snow - please keep it up there!! I am different as I greatly prefer hot weather - not shriveling up under coats, hats, gloves, and shivering. Takes all kinds to make a world. So now (it is 45 degrees here) I am hating this cold and yearning for July or August (98 degrees).
Hi: Melanie B in NC... When I'm out shoveling I think "White sand". Then I'm not shivering!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 12-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #18

Name: Steven
Trailer: Casita SD 2013
NW Wisconsin
When you want to preserve the quality / appearance of most things , you put them under tefrigeration not in an oven.
Cold doesn't make you shrivel up , heat does.
I was outside this morning shoveling snow ,it was 10 below zero
and I never shivered once.
45 deg in my area means it's springtime and T shirt weather
I am going to go inside and put another log in the woodstove.
My dog gets cold rather easily.

Our lake is starting to ice over so soon we can ice skate and fish.
My grandkids are excited about being able to play on the ice !!

Happy Holidays
Old 12-13-2016, 10:44 AM   #19

Name: Wayne & Barbara
Trailer: Parkliner
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneQ View Post
Yeah Wayne is right. The snowblower has cut a path thru the snow in the driveway and was stopped before the road. Car is across the street.

They have gotten about a foot more and two feet coming in the next couple of days. They call Michigan the Winter Wonderland. We average 200 inches a year I'm guessing. Lots of 300 inchers too.

https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:49913.1.99999
We took an experimental motor grader with Vee Plow and Snow Wing to the UP one year to test it in deep snow. I saw the "thermometer" snow gauge up the road north of Hancock, that went up over 200 inches. (16 ft) In February it snowed every night. The parking meters in Houghton are back next to the buildings so they can plow the sidewalks with a grader. The ice/snow sculptures at Michigan Tech were wonderful. And, so were the Cornish Pasties!
Old 12-13-2016, 11:04 AM   #20

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
We don't get much snow here in the Southwest corner of Washington near the Pacific ocean. We had about an inch the other day but it only lasted a few hours until the rain came. We get lots of rain......at least 80 inches a year. Things are very green......we don't have to shovel rain. Right now...it's about 38 degrees and not raining. The bay and river is very calm. There are 26 elk grazing in the field below.......beautiful.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:09 AM   #21

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
When we first retired , we as many others who live in the North went South in the winter. After 3 years we gave up on the idea.
Trading cold and snow for hot ,humid and miserable was a poor bargain in our estimation especially after having to drive 1800 miles
I just spent 3 hours shoveling snow . The temps are around zero with no wind . I enjoy the tranquility of being outdoors on a snowy evening , enjoying a good cigar , and getting some exercise.
My wife bought me a snowblower for Christmas but I don't know how much I will use it . I get too much enjoyment out of shoveling.
We live in a cold climate and go to the Southwest such as AZ for a few days in the winter sometimes. Around 80 some days or less
but very dry and don't need A/C. No humidity as you are speaking of. Of course it's very hot in the summer.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:34 AM   #22

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
We don't get much snow here in the Southwest corner of Washington near the Pacific ocean. We had about an inch the other day but it only lasted a few hours until the rain came. We get lots of rain......at least 80 inches a year. Things are very green......we don't have to shovel rain. Right now...it's about 38 degrees and not raining. The bay and river is very calm. There are 26 elk grazing in the field below.......beautiful.
A bit to the east, still on the west side of the mountains but up against them. we got about a foot of snow. Then sleet and rain and snow so it was a race to move it before it got sloppy and heavy. Today it is frozen hard.

I have been using my imported snow scoop made in Ironwood, MI to do my road with. It works wonderfully.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #23

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
I'm in Tennessee and yall can HAVE that -14! Sheesh. It's 45 deg right now and perfect. No wrapping up or having to go nekkid. Just a light jacket and get out and ride and enjoy. No shoveling. We'll get an occasional 3-4" of snow (but it shuts the state down nearly!). I dont care for the humidity, but I also dont like the bitter cold. So...dont be looking for me a house past the KY line.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #24

Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Where's your sense of adventure?
Attached Thumbnails
Coquihalla summit.jpg  
Old 12-13-2016, 03:52 PM   #25

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpat View Post
A bit to the east, still on the west side of the mountains but up against them. we got about a foot of snow. Then sleet and rain and snow so it was a race to move it before it got sloppy and heavy. Today it is frozen hard.

I have been using my imported snow scoop made in Ironwood, MI to do my road with. It works wonderfully.

We were in Packwood the other day......they had quite a bit of snow....real pretty.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #26

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
Steve, a good cigar works with a snowblower too. Not so peaceful though.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:10 PM   #27

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
At 76 degrees. It was a beautiful day for a ride today.
Dave & Paula
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0084.jpg   IMG_0039.jpg  

Old 12-14-2016, 07:43 AM   #28

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
Fed up with Michigan winters years ago, 1995 to be exact. Now enjoying Arizona for 4 months. I hate to tell you that the Escape is back home and am living in a 35 ft stickie. That's for winter. The Escape is for FUN!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV