Last nights weather - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-16-2016, 04:03 AM   #41

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
I got to tell you, Walking across the deck this morning, to the hot tub at -15 is bad enough and sitting in the 101 degree water was fine but that 12 foot sprint back into the house, OMG...you want to make sure you don't let the metal storm door hit you in the butt or you'll stick.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:33 AM   #42

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
I got to tell you, Walking across the deck this morning, to the hot tub at -15 is bad enough and sitting in the 101 degree water was fine but that 12 foot sprint back into the house, OMG...you want to make sure you don't let the metal storm door hit you in the butt or you'll stick.
Such life's problems to deal with .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:58 AM   #43

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I am enjoying our concrete snow while it lasts. It is so hard that just a mile from my house, I can go for a ski tour on a gated road system in the woods. The dog can run on top of the concrete snow so we get a good workout. The bad part is that I was lazy and didn't get a lot of firewood in so we may run out. It hasn't gotten as cold as predicted here.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:00 AM   #44

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpat View Post
I am enjoying our concrete snow while it lasts. It is so hard that just a mile from my house, I can go for a ski tour on a gated road system in the woods. The dog can run on top of the concrete snow so we get a good workout. The bad part is that I was lazy and didn't get a lot of firewood in so we may run out. It hasn't gotten as cold as predicted here.
We have already burned close to a cord of oak firewood this winter.
Last year we burned a little over 2 cords over the whole winter.
This December has been the coldest December since 2004.
This will be the first year in recent memory where our lake has frozen over before Christmas.
I keep 2 years worth of firewood on hand just to be safe.
( 6 cords).
It looks like a looooong winter !!!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:52 PM   #45

I heat house & water with my wood burning boiler and have been through about 1/8 of the wood stacked in the basement.
My boiler will run 6 hours on 6 logs so at a rate of 1 log for every hour of winter will keep the house and basement in the mid 70's....Maybe I had better go down and start counting how many I have down there.
I cut and split 7 cord a year and always have 4 or 5 cord outside as a back up but try and get to the wood pile when there is 4 feet or more snow is a pain.
Once it warms up to the 30's again I will cut back to maybe only 2 fires a day.
Funny thing about temps and me...unless it below zero F. I don't consider it as being cold. Guess that because I've worked outside all my life.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #46

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
I heat house & water with my wood burning boiler and have been through about 1/8 of the wood stacked in the basement.
My boiler will run 6 hours on 6 logs so at a rate of 1 log for every hour of winter will keep the house and basement in the mid 70's....Maybe I had better go down and start counting how many I have down there.
I cut and split 7 cord a year and always have 4 or 5 cord outside as a back up but try and get to the wood pile when there is 4 feet or more snow is a pain.
Once it warms up to the 30's again I will cut back to maybe only 2 fires a day.
Funny thing about temps and me...unless it below zero F. I don't consider it as being cold. Guess that because I've worked outside all my life.
Hi: Gerry... Sounds like you need an experienced "Pile-it"!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:00 AM   #47

I'm sure I wouldn't have any trouble finding a bunch of friends to help...I know a few who can "PILE-IT-ON" plenty good.

Seriously I may need someone next season I did all my wood splitting by hand this year and gave myself a hernia. guess I'm not 60 years old anymore.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:23 AM   #48

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
It's true that AZ has dry heat but so does an oven. That's not a winter issue. If you stay out of the mountains the wearer is delightful. Interesting that one winter the ski area just outside Flagstaff could not open due to lack of snow and the next year had to close because there was so much snow that avalanches were worried about.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 06:16 AM   #49

Winter has moderated a bit here in the mountains of Maine, Temps now just below the freezing point of 32 now lets me get back to a more reasonable "feed the woodstove" schedual of 6 logs every 12 hours.
Sitting in the hot tub this morning @ 5:00, the wind blowing the trees, gave a great Laser Light show on the trees.
Great way to start out the day.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:19 AM   #50

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Winter arrived last night in the White Mountains of Arizona, just in time for Christmas. I'm looking out the window at 6" of snow and still falling.

Temperatures are supposed to drop into the teens for the next couple of nights. Looks like we'll be burning through a few logs as well.

Merry Christmas!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 08:56 AM   #51

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1482677789.546880.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	101852