Latest Glamper Finds, to Wake Up Cabin Fever - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #21

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I got this old Asti box from a friend, and needed a place to store my nice wine glasses (that I use every time I camp). So I line it with felt, and 'hwalla', I don't have to wrap them in towels when I travel anymore.

I admit it.... <standing up> I am Pam and I am a GLAMPER
Attached Thumbnails
photo 01 (Small).JPG   photo 02 (Small).JPG  

Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #22

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
very nice, Pam!
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #23

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
John, I truly love your wagon! Great job! How many times I have wished for wheels to carry stuff in (like 6 gal. of water,or wine) while camping. One of the places I go we eat or have wine, Pam, at each others sites.
Pam, your wine box is not only Glamper but sooo useful. Think I need a crate.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #24

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Love those ideas John and Pam.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:47 AM   #25

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I too carry wine glasses on every trip, but mine are plastic. Of course, though, they match the Uhaul colors.

We like to drink cups of tea made with loose tea. Of course, our cups are Uhaul cups. I have both breakable ones and plastic ones. The breakable ones did not fare too well traveling until I began to pack them inside the nylon zipper containers for washing ladies undergarments inside insolated, zippered lunch containers. These cushion them well. No breaks since then.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:19 AM   #26

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
Glamping Accessory - chills wine without using refrigerator space:

Amazon.com: Soireehome: Tempour- Bottle Chiller, Filter, Pourer, w/Stopper: Kitchen & Dining
Old 02-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #27

Name: Mike & Ellen
Trailer: 1988 Liberty Van Companion 17'
Michigan
Registry
Hey Pam, that wine bottle looks familiar!!
GREAT times!! Looking forward to 3rd annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble this September. Making our reservations next week.
Ellen
Mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:24 PM   #28

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Here is one of my favorite glamping themes, Fall Foliage. Most of the accessories I find at thrift stores or make from discount fabric. I made the spare tire cover from a second matching tablecloth. We like to use cafeteria trays while camping as they are easy to transport food and dishes from camper to table and back. I choose to use fanciful dishware while camping thereby making the whole experience fun, fun, fun!

Inside the trailer I've made curtain panels out of leaf-print remnants. Corduroy with a boot print makes great pillows and pennant. The plaid throw strategically snaps to make a robe and triples as a bedspread. I've added handy pockets of netting to the curtains providing a spot for reading glasses, flashlights and tissues at nighttime. The wall pockets are held to the rat fur with the hook side of Velcro. The baby crib bumper protects me from hitting the metal table hardware while sleeping and prevents the wall from getting grimy. Last, but not least, I always travel with a furry friend. In this case it is a black bear which zips open to reveal a fleece throw blanket.

I think the secret to successful glamping is to be sure (almost) everything is multi-functional as well as fun. It doesn't make sense to bog yourself down with too much stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Doug's art and Scamp 026.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 028.jpg  

Doug's art and Scamp 030.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 031.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:37 PM   #29

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Nice ideas, Gilda. Especially like the pockets on the curtains. Very handy and also help to weigh down the curtains. I'm going to sew some curtains using black-out fabric. Husband likes it really dark at night.

Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #30

Virginia
Gilda, great finds! Yes, multipurpose is the way to go. Fall is my favorite time to Glamp also.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #31

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
That curtain-pocket idea is genius! And I love your themes.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #32

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Thank you for your kind comments. Regarding black out curtains... Curtains lined with black-out fabric or curtains with built-in black out backing are thick and rather heavy. They are difficult to slide open and closed on a rod and leak light around the edges. I have chosen to have the best of both worlds. I made black-out shades which hand-roll behind my curtains. The shades are made of black-out curtain lining (Ron-Loc) available at most fabric stores. I cut the fabric to fit just inside the curtain rod holders. I sew a channel on the top for a 1/4" dowel which extends beyond the width of the two curtain rod holders and rests on top of them. On the bottom I sew a hem and attach hook-sided Velcro which easily adheres to the rat fur on the wall. The shade, which is at the "head" of our bed, has a solid strip of Velcro all the way across the bottom to keep out cold air which leaks from the window. The other two window shades have 3" strips of Velcro intermittently along the bottom making for easier removal and allowing for some necessary air circulation (just not on my face).

The shade effectively keeps out unwanted light at night and protects the curtains and upholstery from sun damage while on the road, while in storage and even while parked at the campground when we are not inside. On hot days the shade keeps the interior cool. When we want light, but not prying eyes, coming in we roll up the shades and enjoy our translucent curtains. I change up the look of curtains by simply hanging curtain panels on the ends.

These photos were taken during the day. You can see where the light leakage occurs. Keep in mind that I have curtains all the way across the shade when in use blocking most of the light. Note: These photos were taken showing my "early stage" of development with Velcro on the top instead of the dowel. I had to take down, fold and store the "shades" in the early version. I like rolling the shades much better.
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 021.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 019.jpg  

SCAMP Interior October 2011 010.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 009.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #33

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
Hey Pam, that wine bottle looks familiar!!
GREAT times!! Looking forward to 3rd annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble this September. Making our reservations next week.
Ellen
LOL, Ellen, it was wonderful, and reminded me of drinking wine with you and Mike at the campfire. I'll be making the Algonac reservations next week too.
With regards to this thread, my fix-ups that I had planned for this winter have been delayed many times over, due to the darn Michigan weather. I need it a little warmer than 2 degrees to work out there!
I did, however, get a nice yellow cooler on ebay
Attached Thumbnails
yellow cooler 2.jpg  
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #34

Name: Robert
Trailer: Airstream 23D International Serenity
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I keep following derek... he's a glamper guy and I love seeing what stuff he's got going on. Like I said, if it wasn't so much work... it would be my standard. BUT, my THEME is clean... sometimes I hit it and sometimes I don't
Like Donna D, we have decided that the "clean" (or, perhaps even "sleek") suits us just right...

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_9457.1.jpg  
Old 03-01-2014, 08:51 AM   #35

Virginia
Robert & Linda, I love the custom wood touches in your camper! Beleive I have seen them before as you were going along. They are masterful and useful! The door is awesome! Designs are top notch! Great job!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #36

Registry
Looks like you worked out an effective solution for light, heat and cold infiltration there, Gilda. Thanks for the detailed explanation. Lots of good ideas here!

Fran
Old 03-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #37

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob and Linda View Post
Like Donna D, we have decided that the "clean" (or, perhaps even "sleek") suits us just right...

Rob
Beautiful woodworking and so many thoughtful improvements. Particularly found the rope shelf retraints very cool.

Fran
Old 03-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #38

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I luv the look for your trailer Rod!! Sweet!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #39

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by francene View Post
Beautiful woodworking and so many thoughtful improvements. Particularly found the rope shelf retraints very cool.

Fran
Thanks, Fran, so very much for your kind compliments!

The "rope" restraints is really not rope at all, but rather, "bungee" cord that I bought at my local Ace Hardware... they sell it by the foot, as I recall, I used the 1/4" size.

By the way, the restraints really do work well.

Rob
Old 03-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #40

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by francene View Post

Fran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I luv the look for your trailer Rod!! Sweet!
Many thanks! Linda often accuses me of loving to do "mods" more than I like to go camping... 'taint so!

R