laurel and hardy script? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2006, 10:39 PM   #1

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
Maybe I should put this is the joke section. We now know the whole story.
Our youngest daughter's boyfriend Mike and his family went to the sprint car races in Eldora Ohio for the past week-end. Heused his dad's truck to haul our Oxygen.they had a great time until the trip home.
Dad buys a golf cart, they load it in the back of his truck - too long, must leave the tailgte down. They drive over rough ground back to where they've left the tie-down straps. Hit a bump. Cart flies out of truck. No damage. Now they can't hook up to trailer with the tailgate down. So the toad has a long hitch on the dolly and it will be okay behing the open tailgate. Now dad and the motorhome will tow the Oyxgen,But the bike racks on back hit the O2's spare tire. So off comes the spare tire and into the pick-up it goes.
I didn't mention the temperature had been 100F in Ohio, and they set off with all the windows and vent closed in the O2. The road is rough south of Detroit.The back driver's window in the Oxygen blows out- like snow across the highway. In an Oxygen this window is 6 inches above the bed and is the emergency exit. Hinges, tinted glass and latch gone. They call dad to stop and discover the front and sides of the Oxygen are covered in oil- the oil seal in the motorhome's rear-end has gone. They cross the border and go to the Husky. An RV mechanic has to be called in - could be a few hours until they are back on the road. So Mike heads home to drop off the toad, If the mechanic's not be able to fix the MH, he'll need to go back for the Oxygen. He doesn't want to leave the Oxygen there without a window. It was an easy fix, dad and MH and Oxygen head for home. 3 hours from home a tire blows on the Oxygen. A new driver heads out from home with the spare tire that was still in the pick-up. He doesn't bring the tools to change tire. They buy a new one-it bends but doesn't remove the tire.
The good news is the wheel wasn't bent, there was no glass on the bed, and we expect the streams of oil will eventually all wash off, after the glass is replaced. If the Oxygen wasn't so aerodynamic the oil probably wouldn't have spread so well
this is too long, somebody else had to come up with the moral of the story
Jean
norman and jean mulloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Is the moral of the story don't loan your TT to anybody, even family?
Old 07-20-2006, 04:06 PM   #3

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
Gee I hope not. We only ever use it for less than a week each year. It's a hoot to camp in.I'd rather share the fun of camping in it. He's used it 3 times without any problems. Mind you they always seem to come home early.
Jean
norman and jean mulloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
Maybe I should put this is the joke section.
You have such a wonderful attitude about about this whole episode!
I know that in the immediate aftermath, [b]I would have a blood pressure seizure.

Maybe I need to learn what you know...