Leaf Blower - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-22-2017, 10:02 AM   #15

Name: Steven
Trailer: Casita SD 2013
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmerbreck View Post
Let's talk about nightlights too just for fun.
We have used an LED night light plugged into our trailers outside receptacle . If you darken the topside of the plastic lense the light only shines down on the ground. We find the light to be non intrusive and just enough light to avoid trip hazards.
We do not leave it on all night so as to bother others.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #16

Name: Breck
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
If your going to be outside and need a light that sounds good. I personally like the night sky and don't like lights left on for no reason.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:26 AM   #17

Name: Chester
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
I would never fire up a leaf blower at a campground. And I would frown on anyone who would. But I have discovered a great alternate use for the loud obnoxious device. After washing my truck or trailer I use a electric leaf blower to dry them off. Water spots are prevented much easier than using a chamois or towel.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:29 PM   #18

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
In a perfect storm...
When arriving late a camper flips on bright LED porch light in order set up camp, and while their truculent ill mannered teenager tests the Beats blue tooth speakers with the music player of their smart phone using the latest in heavy metal club music, they use leaf blower to clear the site since it isn't "all that late". The commotion causes my dog to start barking, which of course means every other dog in the area goes off.

They then fire up the generator, go inside, fire up the AC, turn on the TV and loudly argue over the sound of the TV.

My guess is they will not even understand why their campfire wood is wet and smells like urine when it burns. I just hope that I don't have to wait too long in the line of people waiting to "contribute" to that wet wood situation.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #19

Name: E
Trailer: Aliner
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmerbreck View Post
Let's talk about nightlights too just for fun.
haha! Early in my camping days I went to a local lake and parked next to some folks that had been there for weeks. They had the entire place tricked out with light and TV and the whole works. All kinda fun except for the BUG ZAPPER hanging from a tree that was up and running til they went to bed. At least they turned it off then.

111 sq miles of lake buddy. Pretty sure your lil zapper isn't going to make a dent in the bug population.

zzzt zzzt zzzt zzzt zzzt

Beautiful lakefront view otherwise...
Old 03-21-2017, 04:48 AM   #20

Name: Gerry
Trailer: Boler 13 ft / 31 ft Holiday Rambler
Maine
Years ago My nephew took his 11 year old son to a State campground in MA, and set up thier tent next to a big motorhome.
The evening came and thier motorhome neighbor cranked up the generator went inside, sat in his easy chair infront of the huge side window and turned on his 32 inch TV, which was in full view of my nephews tent and watched a XXX movie.
Needless to say my nephew packed his tent up the next day and left.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:24 PM   #21

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Iowa
I was at a commercial/ industrial tool dealer this week. I took a flyer when
I left which had tool deals for the next month. My mind started to fabricate the possibilities of the new tools that run on batteries and the " inevitable encounter"
In your local campground. Leaf blower, weed wacker. Chainsaw, pole pruner, radio,led lights, impact wrench for on site tire rotation, caulk gun to fix a leak, reciprocating saw and on and on. Finally if it gets cool in the evening., don your battery heated jacket while you have a cold drink by your cut up pallet fire. Aaaaah that's camping.
Dave
Old 03-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #22

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
RogerDat-----I have enjoyed this thread, but not nearly as much as I enjoyed your post and the "visual" imagery it evoked!!!!!

Excellent problem-solving!
Old 03-21-2017, 10:16 PM   #23
CPW

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Flori-duh!
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Years ago My nephew took his 11 year old son to a State campground in MA, and set up thier tent next to a big motorhome.
The evening came and thier motorhome neighbor cranked up the generator went inside, sat in his easy chair infront of the huge side window and turned on his 32 inch TV, which was in full view of my nephews tent and watched a XXX movie.
Yep, you've hit the nail on the head. Seems like every year you run into one or two of that type! No consideration for others.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:50 PM   #24

Name: Fred
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Judge me if you want, but I have had a leaf blower in my Casita and I have one in my Escape. If my campsite is not clean and I have an electric connection, I will not hesitate to use it. I don't blow it in the neighbor's space and it only takes me a few minutes.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:54 PM   #25

Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Yturned on his 32 inch TV, which was in full view of my nephews tent and watched a XXX movie.
Did he give you his camp spot?
Could have been worse. He could have been watching NFL with grown men intentionally inflicting injury on others; broken legs and concussions.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:41 AM   #26

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
This has been an interesting thread with across the board replies, but I do have a comment. I have had a blower used a couple times from someone setting up but they only ran it a few minutes, no problem as it was before the "quite" time. Now if it was at 9....10 pm, different opinion on my part. Music, a loosely used term, is way more annoying .
So, the best thing I've learned from this thread, if you use a blower... you may not want to roast any marshmellows on wet firewood .
Old 03-22-2017, 05:39 AM   #27

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
We ran into this for the 1st time this Dec in a MS state park. It was the middle of the day when 2 women ran one in an unoccupied site across the road from us, I guess in preparation of a friend coming in. As it was only for 20 or 30 seconds it didn't bother us at all, kind of thought it was a good idea. They only used it on the paved pad.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:05 AM   #28

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Unless closed for the season, campgrounds are open 24/7.

Oregon State parks are some of the best in the nation. But they can be noisy places during the day. Lawn mowers, leaf blowers and chain saws. The parks have to be maintained.

I suppose people would be less likely to complain if the person doing the work is wearing a uniform?

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote