Leaf Blower - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2017, 05:24 PM   #21

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
I was at a commercial/ industrial tool dealer this week. I took a flyer when
I left which had tool deals for the next month. My mind started to fabricate the possibilities of the new tools that run on batteries and the " inevitable encounter"
In your local campground. Leaf blower, weed wacker. Chainsaw, pole pruner, radio,led lights, impact wrench for on site tire rotation, caulk gun to fix a leak, reciprocating saw and on and on. Finally if it gets cool in the evening., don your battery heated jacket while you have a cold drink by your cut up pallet fire. Aaaaah that's camping.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #22

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
RogerDat-----I have enjoyed this thread, but not nearly as much as I enjoyed your post and the "visual" imagery it evoked!!!!!

Excellent problem-solving!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:16 PM   #23

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Years ago My nephew took his 11 year old son to a State campground in MA, and set up thier tent next to a big motorhome.
The evening came and thier motorhome neighbor cranked up the generator went inside, sat in his easy chair infront of the huge side window and turned on his 32 inch TV, which was in full view of my nephews tent and watched a XXX movie.
Needless to say my nephew packed his tent up the next day and left.
Yep, you've hit the nail on the head. Seems like every year you run into one or two of that type! No consideration for others.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:50 PM   #24

Name: Fred
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Judge me if you want, but I have had a leaf blower in my Casita and I have one in my Escape. If my campsite is not clean and I have an electric connection, I will not hesitate to use it. I don't blow it in the neighbor's space and it only takes me a few minutes.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:54 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Yturned on his 32 inch TV, which was in full view of my nephews tent and watched a XXX movie.
Needless to say my nephew packed his tent up the next day and left.
Did he give you his camp spot?
Could have been worse. He could have been watching NFL with grown men intentionally inflicting injury on others; broken legs and concussions.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:41 AM   #26

Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
This has been an interesting thread with across the board replies, but I do have a comment. I have had a blower used a couple times from someone setting up but they only ran it a few minutes, no problem as it was before the "quite" time. Now if it was at 9....10 pm, different opinion on my part. Music, a loosely used term, is way more annoying .
So, the best thing I've learned from this thread, if you use a blower... you may not want to roast any marshmellows on wet firewood .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:39 AM   #27

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
We ran into this for the 1st time this Dec in a MS state park. It was the middle of the day when 2 women ran one in an unoccupied site across the road from us, I guess in preparation of a friend coming in. As it was only for 20 or 30 seconds it didn't bother us at all, kind of thought it was a good idea. They only used it on the paved pad.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:05 AM   #28

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Unless closed for the season, campgrounds are open 24/7.

Oregon State parks are some of the best in the nation. But they can be noisy places during the day. Lawn mowers, leaf blowers and chain saws. The parks have to be maintained.

I suppose people would be less likely to complain if the person doing the work is wearing a uniform?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #29

Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Wisconsin
When you can't get the lousy wet firewood you just purchased lit, a leaf blower can get flames in a minute or so. Beats the heck out of fanning with paper plates.

Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:15 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I carry a parafin impregnated fire log as fire starter. I lop off a chunk of it ( about 1/3 ) to build a core fire. Not noisy and needs no electricity. Camper next to me stood in awe, and in a cloud of smoke, watching my fire burn while his smouldered.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #31

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
A small battery-powered O2Cool fan will get the fire burning. A leaf blower might be a bit overkill.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #32

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
So will a hair dryer.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote