Leaf Blower - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-21-2017, 10:27 AM   #1

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Leaf Blower

Why didn't anyone tell me I needed one?

I just saw I guy plug in his leaf blower and blow every leaf and twig off his camping space. This is my 1st experience with snowbirds and it has been quite interesting.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #2

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
We had the same experience this last fall at the LBL rally, where a neighboring behemoth camper had to rid her space of leaves, dust & dirt around her rig and hot tub, only to blow it all over us.
Dave & Paula

Old 02-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #3

Name: Scamper
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Can't be too clean ..

Heck you have to have a tidy site don't ya know....

After all you are outside camping in nature
Old 02-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #4

Name: Jack
Trailer: Eriba Triton now - ex U-Haul, Boler owner
Georgia
Yeah just what everyone wants to hear in a nice supposedly peaceful campground... somebody cranking up a leaf blower.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Registry

I am curious, though... In what sort of "campground" did you observe the leaf blower performance? I could actually see it happening in an "RV resort" sort of place... But a campground?!

Dave, I would have had a hard time resisting the urge to gather it all up and deposit it... in the hot tub. I'm sure you're a better person than I, and the thought never occurred to you!

Old 02-21-2017, 02:26 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I would have had a hard time resisting the urge to gather it all up and deposit it... in the hot tub.
Jon that brings back memories. One of my camping buddies used to drive his open top Baja bug to work on occasion. He always put a car cover on it as the tree he parked under dropped a mess of little leaves. I started grabbing a small hand full of leaves and tossing them inside for the next couple years . One day out at camp, the subject of car covers came up. I asked him how his was working out. He said pretty good, it had never blown off but could never figure out how leaves got inside. I fessed up, he cussed me out and we all had a good laugh. MMMM, we still camp together and he's still got the Baja................
Old 02-21-2017, 05:35 PM   #7

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Why didn't anyone tell me I needed one?

I just saw I guy plug in his leaf blower and blow every leaf and twig off his camping space. This is my 1st experience with snowbirds and it has been quite interesting.
It is a matter of statistics
2 out of every 100 adults are likely to have OCD.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:39 PM   #8

Name: jon
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
We were camping in MS a couple of weeks ago in a campground with about 40 or so sites. Some one in the campground had a leaf blower or something of the sort. He had it running for almost 30 minutes. We walked over to his campsite and found the cleanest site in the park. We gathered up some of his debris and carried it to our site to make ours more comfortable!!!!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #9

Name: Steven
Trailer: Casita SD 2013
NW Wisconsin
I have seen people fail to clean the leaves away from around their fire rings , then start a campfire and proceed to start the campsite on fire. In the Fall we carry a rake to pull the leaves back from the fire ring but a leaf blower would work as well.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:52 PM   #10

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
If the blower annoys you, simply wait until they are done, sneak over and sprinkle peanuts all around their bulgemobile, then sit back and watch the squirrels have a hayday! just kidding!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #11

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
The campground we are in, on the coast of Georgia, (Steve has visited) has constant falling leaves and pine needles that will cause stains on campers and vehicles. Many here have leaf blowers to clear camper roofs, awnings, and vehicles. Most use electric blowers, plug in or cordless. Everyone is careful not to blow debris into other sites, but all sites are sand, covered with leaves and pine needles anyway. It's a dirty noisy campground, and an occasional leaf blower is the least of anyones concern. And darn it, I forgot to bring mine.
Edit; For Floyd, this place is over run with squirrels already.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:33 PM   #12

Name: Breck
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Let's talk about nightlights too just for fun.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:39 PM   #13

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmerbreck View Post
Let's talk about nightlights too just for fun.
LOL, and loud music and barking dogs. Have it all here!
Old 02-21-2017, 10:41 PM   #14

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
The campground we are in, on the coast of Georgia, (Steve has visited) has constant falling leaves and pine needles that will cause stains on campers and vehicles. Many here have leaf blowers to clear camper roofs, awnings, and vehicles. Most use electric blowers, plug in or cordless. Everyone is careful not to blow debris into other sites, but all sites are sand, covered with leaves and pine needles anyway. It's a dirty noisy campground, and an occasional leaf blower is the least of anyones concern. And darn it, I forgot to bring mine.
Edit; For Floyd, this place is over run with squirrels already.
so just imagine if you could attract them all to one site!!