Leaning toward Lil Snoozy but new twist - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #29
Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
The Lil Snoozy would rate high on the 'coolness' scale -- and with it's two-layer insulated fiberglass shell, that is a definite plus, as is the queen size bed, especially for a couple. For our use the lack of full cooking facilities would not please my wife, since she loves to cook. But that is just us, I'm sure and I expect most would be fine with the unit as is.

One trailer that wasn't mentioned, at least to my quick read-through, that may work well for a single full-timer might be a 17 to 19 ft Bigfoot. They are a bit more expensive, somewhat heavier, but very well made and well appointed. My parents had a 5th wheel version some years ago, perhaps 19 or 20 ft. It was a really nice upgrade from the 13 ft Scamp they previously had.

However some years later when they were no long able for trailer touring/camping I asked my Dad which trailer/motorhome of the many they had over the years he liked the best. His answer was the 13 ft Scamp that he towed with an old Toyota pickup. I asked what they did about showers and that sort of thing. His answer was, the money I saved traveling with the Scamp allowed us to buy a night or two a week at a nice motel when we were on-the-move and not using full facility campgrounds.

Yep! He'd be in his mid 90's had his health not failed. Not surprisingly I have similar opinions, and I'd love to bounce some ideas across his brain again.

Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #30
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Sounds like you have inherited some of your dad's traits, Mark Twain said, "it seems the older I get, the smarter my parents become"

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #31
Name: Nick
Trailer: 2012 Lance 1885
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Hi, Nick

Did you ever get down there to take a look at the Snoozy?
If so, I'm interested in your impressions.
Or did you post them elsewhere, and I just missed them???
I've been gone for awhile...

I didn't make it there. Many of those I was going to visit enroute had to change their plans so didn't make it. Also as someone mentioned I have also taken a new direction for a few months and am going on a mission trip to the Philippines. Once I return I will start my quest again.

I do wish I would have been able to make it as I was leaning heavily towards the Lil Snoozy. May still. Only time will tell.

nikljones is offline   Reply With Quote

« our view | Play Pac »