Leaning towards a Parkliner - Advice anyone? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #21

Name: Aaron
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Well I will tell you that I personally have relocated so many batteries on our campers that I have lost count. Batteries are not only relocated but replaced free of charge to the owner because it is a safety issue. This applies to all Parkliners no matter age or warranty. The same goes for the tire rubbing also. Also to let it be known that we as a company are trying to schedule repairs when ever we can but we are a very small company that has made some mistakes but all repair work has to fit into the production line work. The same guys that produce have to do the repairs because we are the only ones that work there. There are 5 guys in the shop and that is all. "So let me guess" Hire more people. Roll eyes . We would but us as a company spent almost more money fixing issues last year than we made from Camper production. So I'm sorry if we are taking longer than a larger company with 100's of employes and deep pockets. We build a quality product with blood sweat and tears, yes we had issues but we are working on them but we are here to stay. Also our sales pitch is "Please go look at other EGGs and decide for your self " 9 times out of ten Parkliner sells itself.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #22

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Actually production work should work around your safety repairs but I get your point. You're small, you have had problems and are trying to fix them best you can vs we know you have problems, fix them and stop making excuses.

It would appear this discussion may have run it's course, perhaps a moderator would close it before we go completely negative.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #23

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Thank you for responding Aaron.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 05-21-2014, 02:20 PM   #24

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Post #21 acknowledges that Parkliner sees the Battery issue as a "Safety Issue" yet how many still aren't corrected??? Ditto for the tires rubbing?

Nothing like an employee telling off the customers to improve the company image.....

If it was mentioned exactly "How Many" trailers were repaired at the factory it might impress those that can't seem to get theirs scheduled. And complaining that they spent as much money fixing customers trailers as they earned selling new ones is of no interest to current and waiting customers.

Maybe GM should also blame their customers for all the accidents and deaths with the ignition switch issue. After all it was going to cost GM money to fix them, and that would cut into stockholder profits. But then again, GM apparently took so long to address the problem because they are so big.....

Business Rule #27: Don't make your problems the customers problem.....

Old 05-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #25

North Carolina
Bob do you own a ParkLiner?
Old 05-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #26

North Carolina
Also there are only a hand full that have not been fixed and I know this because there is less than 100 on the road
Old 05-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #27

Trailer: 2007 Casita
It's easy to avoid this post if it's not of interest, it's called just scroll on by.

Roger, I agree it would be helpful to link previous discussions. I will try and look back, but have to say some discussions were not only closed but disappeared altogether. It's unfortunate when that happens! Vital info, suggestions etc are lost. The discussion of the last few pages are based on fact's. Not just pulled out of the air. Sorry if fact's disturb some!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #28

North Carolina
Also I not trying to make it anybody's problem it is our own I was justs heading light to the people that have never been to our shop and want to keep comparing us to GM and we are on a totally different level than them such as they build more cars in a week then we do in a year
Old 05-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #29

North Carolina
One good thread is Parkliner tire rub issues and I think it was started by Deryk
Old 05-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #30

North Carolina
Also if I'm not mistaken there was a post on our Facebook page and pictures showing what ParkLiner did to fix tire rub and battery problems on all future campers.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmcGee View Post

Aaron I understand this subject is near and dear to your heart. But perhaps you should read the suggestions. Because, reply's like this are not looking like your turning the business around.

No one is trying to destroy your company! Like I said earlier, playing the martyr doesn't work! You obviously have a product that some like, go with it. But being a bully when you don't like what is said won't get you anywhere. Some say your trying to "turn the company around". It would be nice to see that!

This reply might get the post completely shut down, for that I'm sorry! But watching someone destruct them self's only makes me want to shake them!
Old 05-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #32

Here is a 22 page discussion on the smoking battery issue!

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ner-58244.html

It was suggested that some who have participated in Parkliner discussions link previous discussions to this discussion. I certainly haven't been in on even 1/3 of them. So I found the challenge interesting. But reading through them all and linking would be a daunting task. So may I suggest you google, Parkliner battery issue fiberglassrv, there are more than 4 pages of discussions on the topic. As well as any other Parkliner discussion if your so inclined. Just add fiberglassrv to the Parkliner issue you want to read about and the topic will come up.

Just as any other discussion from naming your glass trailer to blowing it up can be found as long as you have the a topic and add the words, fiberglassrv.com you will most likely find the discussion your looking for. Good luck everyone!
Old 05-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #33

North Carolina
What you don't understand is that I do read the suggestions and all I can do is tell the people above me and it is very true that I may not like everything that is said but some how it was taken that I am trying to blame our customers I am not I know where the blame belongs and if any of you were in my shoes u would understand. See my thing is that I should have never had to get on the forum I am the production supervisor not customer relations but I was trying to give all our customers and ParkLiner owners a easy way to get technical and troubleshooting advice and the forum was it. Like I said before all it takes is a pm to me. Also Frank I am sorry that your appt was canceled I knew nothing about it because if I did things would have turned out differently because I knew last year you were coming in May .
Old 05-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #34

Take a breath! No one is blaming you. But comments like the one I highlighted is exactly why people have talked about poor customer care. You have to own that one! Sorry! LOL...............

Perhaps someone there could take a class on customer relations...... Not saying you, just saying! If I'm not mistaken that has been a big issue. Like I said earlier I hope you all make it. But excuses don't go anywhere when people have their hard earned money involved. Take a softer approach with customers, admit screw ups, you will win customers.

The glass trailer industry is a small one, look to the other manufactures as examples..... Their all pretty good. Of course there are day's/employee's that don't do so good. But overall their good at what they do. One I can think of is outstanding from what I have observed. Learning from other's is not anything to be ashamed of. You don't have to sit on their laps to learn, just observe from afar.

And as for not understanding, I do. Been in the service industry, sales and manufacturing industry as a educator and customer care all my adult life. I get it, promise.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #35

Freedom of Speech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmcGee View Post
Most that visit this site know that we identify our current FGRV in our name box in the upper left-hand corner of the post.

Is owning a Parkliner now a requirement in order to comment on the obvious??? .

If so, may I direct your attention to the 1st amendment of the U.S. Constitution..... not to mention the general rules and regulations for this site.

In fact, these most recent comments have been generated as a result of a Newbie, and prospective Parkliner owner, that was interested in your product, asking for opinions about Parkliner

But, if I have said anything that is not factual, please let me know.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #36

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
From my vantage point. Seems that, in this discussion, the people most set on giving Parkliner a hard time are those that don't own one and have no interest in owning one.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Old 05-21-2014, 04:25 PM   #37

Many of us don't belong to, or ever plan on belonging to, the "You tow this with that club" either. But it doesn't prevent many from offering comment & opinions concerning the apparent practices of said organization.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #38

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Innovation is an iterative process. Mozart tended to get his music right the first time without rewrites, but for the folks who are not once in a 1000 year geniuses it tends to take some do-overs to get our work to the perfection we envision.

The folks who purchase a new and innovative design need to be aware that there is some risk associated with having a 2 or 3 digit serial number. Those points were spelled out a couple of pages ago in single posts by different members.

At this point the thread has degenerated into "defending" how right ones own opinion is vs. another opinion. Of no use or value to the Original Poster.

To the original poster. Good luck finding your perfect "egg".

Aaron appreciate you taking the time to participate in this forum, wish your company every success in your endeavors.
Closed Thread