Leaning towards a Parkliner - Advice anyone? - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #1

Name: Arklee
Trailer: In market
Ohio
Leaning towards a Parkliner - Advice anyone?

moderator's note: This thread was created from another, Is everyone as obsessed with eggs? The responses to this question took off on a tangent about one particular trailer brand, totally hijacking the parent thread's lighthearted collection of experiences with "egg obsession."

My husband & I are looking for our first FGRV. We are leaning towards the Parkliner. Does anyone have any advice on these trailers?

Old 05-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Keep looking!

Old 05-20-2014, 03:19 PM   #3

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Suggest you use the search function at the top of this forum and put in the name Parkliner in the bottom box of the drop down - thats the google option which will give you the best results.

Think you will find lots of info on the Parkliner - recommend you read through *all* the search results.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #4

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
But that being said, I love my Parkliner.

The company is new and they are having there fair share of problems....the big one is poor communications with ppl. I'm hoping they get their act together in time.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 05-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #5

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arklee View Post
My husband & I are looking for our first FGRV. We are leaning towards the Parkliner. Does anyone have any advice on these trailers?
The company has a new fellow, Tom Bass, that will be very responsive to anyone buying new. If you call, ask for Tom.

We love our ParkLiner too. 2100#s dry weight, queen size bed, toilet, shower, dinette, AC, heat, hot water, 3 way frig, electric brakes, very well designed. The company has had substantial issues with quality control, but they seems to be turning the corner.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
Old 05-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #6

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
The company has a new fellow, Tom Bass, that will be very responsive to anyone buying new.

Frank
And, before Tom there was Aaron, and before Aaron there was Cameron...
Old 05-21-2014, 08:13 AM   #7

Name: Aaron
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
And, before Tom there was Aaron, and before Aaron there was Cameron...
. Just to let you know I have not gone any where have always been here and not going anywhere any time soon. Tom was introduced to the company to handle sales and customer relations. So I could put all my time and efforts to production. Which I should say is picking up. I can always be reached by PM and that will not change
Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 AM   #8

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmcGee View Post
. Just to let you know I have not gone any where have always been here and not going anywhere any time soon. Tom was introduced to the company to handle sales and customer relations. So I could put all my time and efforts to production. Which I should say is picking up. I can always be reached by PM and that will not change
I'm glad you're still with ParkLiner Aaron. I can attest to the quickened responses I have been getting since Tom started. He is a great guy. Once you have the team in place, watch out. I think you're there now!

All the best to you folks @ ParkLiner!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #9

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arklee View Post
While the Parkliner seems to be a well thought out design, the company seems plagued with an inability to respond to customer concerns, take care of design errors/recalls in a timely manner, make deliveries anywhere near the promised date, return phone calls or emails and keeping dates for promised customer repairs.

Other than that, it seems to be a decent rig.....
Old 05-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #10

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
I really hope "somebody" gets their act together. It would be great to have a quality, responsive FGRV builder in the Southeast. While I am not currently in the market for a new egg I expect to be in next few years and would not want to have to go to Texas, Canada, or Minnesota to buy one (can you say "road trip"). I also do not intend to buy a new one with problems. I have rebuilt one FGRV but I bought it used and understood (sort of) what I was getting into. I will not spend money on a new one just to have to work on it or re-engineer it.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #11

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Arklee asked for advice, all of us gave the advice to explore the options. Without going into detail. There are far more issues than have been discussed in this post.

While I am all about a new company making it. I am not comfortable with a company's ignoring or brushing off safety issues (PERIOD).That is what I saw!

Has that issue even been resolved? I got tired of following it, so I honestly don't know. Some people are charmed by BS, I'm not. As well as being bullied into being a cheer leader! And yes, I have witnessed that!!!!!!!!!!! Plenty of Pm's from Parkliner owners that feel they can't say anything here because of it. Say what you want, I think that is totally wrong! Just because some like the pitch given it doesn't make it right! And until I see differently I certainly won't be on the band wagon, praising the product!

Instead of talking the talk, Walk the walk.... Does Parkliner have a good product? Perhaps! I have read many like the design, I personally haven't seen it. But I have read enough to make me leary! And (Arklee) deserves to be warned. There are plenty of options, buyers should explore all options. And understand what they are getting into! Especially from new production.

Good Luck Arklee, I hope you find the perfect trailer for your camping needs.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #12

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Arklee asked for advice, all of us gave the advice to explore the options. Without going into detail. There are far more issues than have been discussed in this post.

While I am all about a new company making it. I am not comfortable with a company's ignoring or brushing off safety issues (PERIOD).That is what I saw!
If we had a Like button I would have hit it a dozen times!
Old 05-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #13

New York
Ah yes, so easy to kick someone when they're down. And how many companies aren't around anymore because of some mistake made early on? An old axiom that applies to companies as well as people is once you lose your credibility it is very difficult to get back. I own a used ParkLiner and am discouraged I couldn't get it down to the plant for warranty work this week, but I at least understand why. These guys are turning the corner with all the issues you folks are beating them up with. Of course, I may very we'll be wrong too, but I hope not for the good of everyone!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #14

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Little Guy Teardrop
Ontario
Same rules that apply to GM Ford etc should apply. The apparent facts are they put an unsafe product on the road and may not have fixed them all