Leaning towards a Parkliner - Advice anyone? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #1

Name: Arklee
Trailer: In market
Ohio
Leaning towards a Parkliner - Advice anyone?

moderator's note: This thread was created from another, Is everyone as obsessed with eggs? The responses to this question took off on a tangent about one particular trailer brand, totally hijacking the parent thread's lighthearted collection of experiences with "egg obsession."

My husband & I are looking for our first FGRV. We are leaning towards the Parkliner. Does anyone have any advice on these trailers?
Old 05-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Keep looking!
Old 05-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Suggest you use the search function at the top of this forum and put in the name Parkliner in the bottom box of the drop down - thats the google option which will give you the best results.

Think you will find lots of info on the Parkliner - recommend you read through *all* the search results.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #4

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
But that being said, I love my Parkliner.

The company is new and they are having there fair share of problems....the big one is poor communications with ppl. I'm hoping they get their act together in time.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 05-20-2014, 05:59 PM   #5

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arklee View Post
My husband & I are looking for our first FGRV. We are leaning towards the Parkliner. Does anyone have any advice on these trailers?
The company has a new fellow, Tom Bass, that will be very responsive to anyone buying new. If you call, ask for Tom.

We love our ParkLiner too. 2100#s dry weight, queen size bed, toilet, shower, dinette, AC, heat, hot water, 3 way frig, electric brakes, very well designed. The company has had substantial issues with quality control, but they seems to be turning the corner.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
Old 05-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
The company has a new fellow, Tom Bass, that will be very responsive to anyone buying new.

Frank
And, before Tom there was Aaron, and before Aaron there was Cameron...
Old 05-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #7

Name: Aaron
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
And, before Tom there was Aaron, and before Aaron there was Cameron...
. Just to let you know I have not gone any where have always been here and not going anywhere any time soon. Tom was introduced to the company to handle sales and customer relations. So I could put all my time and efforts to production. Which I should say is picking up. I can always be reached by PM and that will not change
Old 05-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #8

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmcGee View Post
. Just to let you know I have not gone any where have always been here and not going anywhere any time soon. Tom was introduced to the company to handle sales and customer relations. So I could put all my time and efforts to production. Which I should say is picking up. I can always be reached by PM and that will not change
I'm glad you're still with ParkLiner Aaron. I can attest to the quickened responses I have been getting since Tom started. He is a great guy. Once you have the team in place, watch out. I think you're there now!

All the best to you folks @ ParkLiner!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #9

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arklee View Post
While the Parkliner seems to be a well thought out design, the company seems plagued with an inability to respond to customer concerns, take care of design errors/recalls in a timely manner, make deliveries anywhere near the promised date, return phone calls or emails and keeping dates for promised customer repairs.

Other than that, it seems to be a decent rig.....

Old 05-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #10

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
I really hope "somebody" gets their act together. It would be great to have a quality, responsive FGRV builder in the Southeast. While I am not currently in the market for a new egg I expect to be in next few years and would not want to have to go to Texas, Canada, or Minnesota to buy one (can you say "road trip"). I also do not intend to buy a new one with problems. I have rebuilt one FGRV but I bought it used and understood (sort of) what I was getting into. I will not spend money on a new one just to have to work on it or re-engineer it.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #11

Arklee asked for advice, all of us gave the advice to explore the options. Without going into detail. There are far more issues than have been discussed in this post.

While I am all about a new company making it. I am not comfortable with a company's ignoring or brushing off safety issues (PERIOD).That is what I saw!

Has that issue even been resolved? I got tired of following it, so I honestly don't know. Some people are charmed by BS, I'm not. As well as being bullied into being a cheer leader! And yes, I have witnessed that!!!!!!!!!!! Plenty of Pm's from Parkliner owners that feel they can't say anything here because of it. Say what you want, I think that is totally wrong! Just because some like the pitch given it doesn't make it right! And until I see differently I certainly won't be on the band wagon, praising the product!

Instead of talking the talk, Walk the walk.... Does Parkliner have a good product? Perhaps! I have read many like the design, I personally haven't seen it. But I have read enough to make me leary! And (Arklee) deserves to be warned. There are plenty of options, buyers should explore all options. And understand what they are getting into! Especially from new production.

Good Luck Arklee, I hope you find the perfect trailer for your camping needs.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Arklee asked for advice, all of us gave the advice to explore the options. Without going into detail. There are far more issues than have been discussed in this post.

While I am all about a new company making it. I am not comfortable with a company's ignoring or brushing off safety issues (PERIOD).That is what I saw!
If we had a Like button I would have hit it a dozen times!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #13

New York
Ah yes, so easy to kick someone when they're down. And how many companies aren't around anymore because of some mistake made early on? An old axiom that applies to companies as well as people is once you lose your credibility it is very difficult to get back. I own a used ParkLiner and am discouraged I couldn't get it down to the plant for warranty work this week, but I at least understand why. These guys are turning the corner with all the issues you folks are beating them up with. Of course, I may very we'll be wrong too, but I hope not for the good of everyone!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #14

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Same rules that apply to GM Ford etc should apply. The apparent facts are they put an unsafe product on the road and may not have fixed them all
Old 05-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #15

It's not about kicking anybody when their down! Playing the Martyr only goes so far!

Like I stated earlier, there are issues! Whether they have been addressed is not for me to worry about. But potential new owners who are asking for opinions should be! As well as informed hence why I said, to explore options! Rv ownership is suppose to be fun, not drudgery! Nor should it be un-safe.

Every manufacture has issues! Even in the million dollar category! It's how those issues are addressed that will make or break the company! Not me or anyone else! Fix the issues, be humble about your product. Don't act like it's superior to proven product already established. It's just another option! There are ton's of rv options out there! NONE and I mean NONE are perfect! I have been in hundreds if not thousands of rv's. I follow the industry and know how it works. So I know when I see an issue. Like it or not, Parkliner has issue's! Time will tell if they can "turn the corner" despite those issues. I wish them luck. But will not jump on board the Parkliner band wagon just because a few people have had an ok experience. And I certainly won't recommend someone spend their hard earned money on something that I see issues with. Despite the fact that I think it could be a great floor plan! Sorry, that's the only thing I think it has going for it right now!

And one thing I know from being in business, attitude can make or break a business! You want to play in the sand box, be humble, be open to feedback, address that feedback without attitude and make it right! I am not of the thinking that the customer is always right, but when the issues are the same time after time. There is a problem!
Old 05-21-2014, 12:44 PM   #16

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
An old axiom that applies to companies as well as people is once you lose your credibility it is very difficult to get back.

Frank
Yup so true and sadly there are many here owners and none owners alike who have been hoping for a couple of years now that the company does turn around but at some point people tend to lose hope.

Simple fact is the issues you and other owners have with the trailer are *serious safety issues* that the company has known about for more than a year now. I am going to suggest that many here who have some trailer experience wouldn't spend a night in the trailer with the batteries installed as they were or tow the trailer more than a couple of miles to get the wheel well issue fixed. Its simply not safe to use as is. Yet the company has put nothing on their website or FB page to find the owners of those trailers & fix the problems quickly.

Even those owners who know they have a trailer with the safety issues and who have attempted to have the company correct the problem have had difficulties getting them to do the repairs or arrange to have them done elsewhere quickly. Just as you yourself have now experienced first hand. That sends a pretty strong message out that they don't really care much about the safety of yourself or your family. That is one BIG credibitily issue that is going to be a tough one to fight their way out of.

As far as kicking someone when their down goes, I am going to suggest that due to their business practises and lack of customer service they have kicked themselves down.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #17

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
A post here yesterday indicated that Parkliner was asking for a 25% deposit on orders.

With as many back orders as they appear to have, that might suggest to the whole world that they are building todays FGRV's with tomorrows customers money. Wait, didn't a guy named P**zi invent that?

Answering customers phone calls and emails, even if you only have bed news, would go a long way towards recovery.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post

As far as kicking someone when their down goes, I am going to suggest that due to their business practises and lack of customer service they have kicked themselves down.

Well said!

To address the issue with not being able to get into Parkliner for warranty issue. I would like to think that the goal of any trailer manufacture would be for the trailer "warranty" to expire without there being an issue/issues! Personally I would hope to buy a trailer that I didn't have to run it back to the manufacture time and time again. That is not to say issues don't arise, we all know they do. But you talk the talk, you better walk the walk. The glass category of trailers is too small to baffle with BS!
Old 05-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #19

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
I do recall a couple of issues with parkliner being heavily discussed in a couple of threads but really the only two I can recall are the tire rubbing the wheel well and something to do with concerns about the battery not being vented sufficiently.

I don't recall claims of death, injuries or fires from these issues. Not to say they did not need to be addressed, just that putting them in perspective is part of the evaluation process. I think much of the problem at that time centered on the difficulty of communication with the company and getting issues resolved promptly which it appears the company is taking steps to resolve.

Would probably be useful if one of you that participated in those threads could provide a link or two so the OP could read through the entire discussion and final resolution to make a more informed decision.

All brands seem to have good points and bad points so gathering information about the good and the bad is important to avoid buyers remorse and make the best choice for your needs.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #20

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Thank you Roger. The negative blitz is wearing.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Closed Thread