LED Group Buy - Round II - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #21

Name: Don
Trailer: 17.5 Bigfoot
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz77 View Post
I have purchased several different styles of LEDs from Ebay all for less than $4.00 and they have all been very nice and work well, I prefer a brighter white light.
Nice to have someone in the same camp.
Don Dunsmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #22

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
My order for 6 came. I think I am going to be very happy with them.

I only need four, so I think two people might get the others as prizes at the Bemidji gathering.

We must be having record breaking weather. It is +46 out there right now. -45 would be more normal for January here. So far we wouldn't have had to remove the battery. As it is we had to back the car up and connect it to test the lights. Can't believe I even wanted to go out to the trailer to change light bulbs in January.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Just to throw another possibility into the mix - I used a bunch of these from Hong Kong. Cheap enough that if there is a problem (they are not voltage regulated) just replace it. I have not had a problem with the ones I've installed. One advantage of non voltage regulated LEDs is they do not create RFI (make your AM radio buzz). They are warm white...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #24

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
I would imagine 99% of all LEDs are made in China.
I've put LEDs in three trailers now and all have been the 36 panel led from China.
I've had only one problem and that was when I pushed on the panel a little to hard installing it in a porch light. Half the panel would not light.
I have tried the expensive brake lights and others and nothing puts out as much light as these or allows me to read as well.
They fit in existing trailer fixtures and are held in place with the Chinese version of VHB tape.
They were about $2.00 a peice including shipping when I bought my first one. I just ordered 2 of the LEDS Jon has been using to compare with mine.
Like Jon said, if you have a problem just replace it.
Ebay is nothing to be afraid of. Do business only with those that accept Pay Pal and with your Pay Pal account you will be protected.
John
Attached Thumbnails
LED 002 (800x599).jpg  
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote