Lets talk about our summer plans! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 75 Boler
I have two trips planned for this summer.

1) Leave Mpls to go explore the Black hills area(Custer St. Park) Then head up to WY to see Devils Tower, then home to Mpls. 10 day trip

2) Long weekend (4 days) up at MN north shore north of Duluth.

3) Long weekend (4 days) in Central MN at Mille Lacs Lake.

Can't stray too far with a 2 year old.

That's what I'm doing so far. How about you ?

Mike
Mike Montville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
That I know of at the moment.
April 25-27 Champoeg State Park for Northern Oregon Gathering
May 23-25 (Memorial Day week-end) Someplace hauling the granddaughter with us.
June27 -28 Pine Mountain Oregon, Geocaching Star Party at the Observatory.
July 15- August 10 Heading for Weed, CA then up hwy 97. Straight shot to Weed, 2 weeks playing around near hwy 97. Ending back home.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Mike - Our plans are very similar to yours. A few days down at Whitewater State Park in May, then a week in June in Custer State Park, where we have found a perfect CG, then a week up on the North Shore in September for a little grouse hunting. We're too busy with our book project to do much more this year!
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #4

Trailer: Trail Michigante
Another lonnnnng trip for us.

On or about June 2 we head from Arcata (NorCal) to Oceanside. Vic is working for the Race Across America bicycle race again, which starts June 8. We'll follow the race (while Vic does photos and interviews for the organizers and a few bike websites) all the way to Annapolis MD.

We'll see Washington DC (all the marble and the Smithsonian) before heading to Alberta, Canada. The mountain bike 24 Hours World Championships are there, July 26 and Vic is working for those organizers doing---you guessed it----photos, interviews and website reports.

Then it's back home to NorCal, getting back to the land o'redwoods about August 2.

Kathy

p.s. I know, I know, I never posted any photos from our '07 trip. Will do soon. There are plenty more like this one of Vic, MacGregor the wonder dog and our '72 TrailMite at the Badlands of South Dakota.
Attached Thumbnails
Vic_MacBadlands.jpg  
Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
Early in May I have to head east for PA for a "required" wedding. I'll mosey around there for a couple of weeks then head home via VA/NC/GA/TN to see friends along the way. Gotta get back to put in my garden around the first of June and attend local brandings-- our social events of the year! Later I want to go up to the Little Bighorn Battlefield for a few days. Would like to be able to make a couple of short trips this summer but that's probably not gonna happen. Too much to do here.
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 94 Casita 16 ft
At some point this summer, I will be purchasing a 16footer side dinette, and bath. After that I plan on using my limited holidays (this year) to enjoy it with my family.
Paul from NWOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
We camped pretty much every weekend last year close to home and will do so again this summer. This year, with rising gas prices I am hoping to take the kids on a long trip in case (likely) it's not affordable in the future.

From Vancouver Island we will be heading through BC to Alberta, down through Montana to where one of our partners works. Depending on time we might head down to Utah but if not back through Idaho -> Washington.

Thankfully, I have one of those few jobs where I can work wherever there is internet access so if we find a nice place to spend a few days with wireless, all is good =)
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #8

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe 2008
Pick up the new Casita in May and drive back home to Montana. Various long week-end trips relatively close to home and the Black Hills in late August. By the way, can anyone recommend an RV park in or near Custer, SD. I know that Custer State Park has electricity now but we would like the other hook-ups. I've checked the RV park reviews, but would be very interested in any and all opinions.

Mike
Michael J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #9

Trailer: 75 Boler
Quote:
Pick up the new Casita in May and drive back home to Montana. Various long week-end trips relatively close to home and the Black Hills in late August. By the way, can anyone recommend an RV park in or near Custer, SD. I know that Custer State Park has electricity now but we would like the other hook-ups. I've checked the RV park reviews, but would be very interested in any and all opinions.

Mike
This is where we are staying, Big Pine Campground. We have never stayed there, but have heard great things about it. The sites are more private which my wife and I like. The owners are really nice.
Mike Montville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:29 PM   #10

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Booker, We NEED to communicate about your planned tour(s) this summer...

Email me please!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #11

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I haven't made too many plans. I leave towards the end of May for Washington and will take the trailer with me. June something there is a corgi campout on the Washington coast. I'm hoping to go somewhere WITHOUT FIREWORKS over the 4th of July but it may or may not be with the trailer. Then in mid-August we head home via Eureka, California, where we will attend an agility trial. My cabin is in such a great location that we don't feel the need to go anywhere once we get there.

I thought about NOG but there's the possibility of a cello weekend on Vancouver Island that same weekend so I decided if I go anywhere it will be north.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #12

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
I have issued a monetary challenge in the sightings post if someone spots us, so I must give a hearty "nice try" to all my fellow fiberglass Rv'ers for concocting this post to try and get me to reveal our camping schedule. It won't work! I will simply reveal that we have a very aggressive camping schedule in the works.

Catch us if you can.......
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:54 PM   #13

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

I am going to be joining friends at several outings, rallys, or gatherings...

In April:
Cibbets Flat, on Kitchen Creek Road in the Cleveland National Forest. Meet up with the guys who bought my old Compact Jr. and several tenters.

2nd Annual Spring Spiff and Fix Rally in the San Bernardino National Forest.

In May:
Pinezanita, in Julian, CA for a "RainbowRV" rally

Lake San Antonio Spring Rally

In June:
still under consideration

In July:
The 2008 Oregon Gathering
Old 03-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #14

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
No special plans here... we have several parks that are very near here ( 1 to 2 hrs away) so I can pretty well pick where I want to go and a reasonable distance to get a quick get a way... so hopefully I can work in a few this summer. One will be to the coast tho...( thats a must) the others will be going to the east end of the county..

working puts a cramp in and camping plans....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #15

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
S & I plan to head out as much as possible, tho plans are still in flux due 2 the massive snow load in the cascades.
April -- we wish we were heading to the NOG
June -- group camp at south shore, detroit lake.
July -- bandon for a little over a week, then down to N. CA coast.
July -- group camp at nahalem falls campground.
(there is a ccc park just for picking blackberries -- dutch oven heaven)
Aug -- a week of tent camping at breitenbush lake, if the snow melts by then
(the road is sooooo bad, seven miles takes an hour.
if u love your trailer, leave it home).
Aug -- another bad road, so more tent camping at Elk lake
Fall -- NOG
Fall -- kahneeta hot springs for the annual fall swimming treat

sounds like everyone is ready to hit the road after this nasty for most, la nina winter

Old 03-29-2008, 03:36 PM   #16

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
S & I plan to head out as much as possible, tho plans are still in flux due 2 the massive snow load in the cascades.
April -- we wish we were heading to the NOG
June -- group camp at south shore, detroit lake.
July -- bandon for a little over a week, then down to N. CA coast.
July -- group camp at nahalem falls campground.
(there is a ccc park just for picking blackberries -- dutch oven heaven)
Aug -- a week of tent camping at breitenbush lake, if the snow melts by then
(the road is sooooo bad, seven miles takes an hour.
if u love your trailer, leave it home).
Aug -- another bad road, so more tent camping at Elk lake
Fall -- NOG
Fall -- kahneeta hot springs for the annual fall swimming treat

sounds like everyone is ready to hit the road after this nasty for most, la nina winter
FYI There's two ways into breitenbush lake. One way is really really bad, the other isn't really bad. The worst piece of road is between Olallie Lake and Breithenbush Lake. FS Road 4220 isn't too bad going to Breitenbush Lake from FS Road 46.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:09 PM   #17

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Quote:
FYI There's two ways into breitenbush lake. One way is really really bad, the other isn't really bad. The worst piece of road is between Olallie Lake and Breithenbush Lake. FS Road 4220 isn't too bad going to Breitenbush Lake from FS Road 46.

Hey byron, yep you are so right. Last year our friends went the olalie way in a big chevy pickup (ok no chevy jokes) and completely chewed up a tire, after changing it, went back out and came in on the 4220 road --which is the bad road I was referring to...seven miles in one hour. Sounds like you have been both ways. Us, too, but I'll never come in through olallie again. I think that bit of road is the reason our subaru bit the dust.

Yep, my favorite place is breitenbush lake.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #18

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
I plan to meet friends, and head down to San Felipe, Baja, Mexico for a week long campout in May. We have a favorite campground south of town called Nuevo Mazatlan. It is next to the beach in a salt cedar filled valley. We will swim, hike, and sit in the shade sipping margaritas.
Gail T.
gail todd is offline   Reply With Quote