Light AND Comfortable Chairs? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Brian, I cant tell but it looks like your chairs support your Bum so it doesnt sink lower than your thighs cutting off circulation. Is that correct?
My wife is 5'-4" tall, and you can see in the pictures her knees are bent, so I think the chairs we have would be okay for someone 5' tall. I found the chairs pretty comfortable, although we did not have much time for sitting! We paid about $35 for them at Costco.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
They still have those web chairs at Target here, or at least, did the last time I looked. They are not as comfy as the sports-type with the side tables, though, and don't last as well, and weigh just as much.
The only ones available here in the Portland area are the vinyl tubed ones, not the webbed kind. Trust me, I've looked at every possible store. And, the tubed type have a much heavier frame. If I could find the aluminum framed, webbed type brand new, I'd buy a half-dozen! I remember distinctly when there were on sale at the end of the season they'd be $10. Then suddenly aluminum shot up in price and they were gone never to be seen again.

Sigh.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
My wife and I tried out every sling-back chair we could find before buying the most comfortable ones we found (at Sears). We then tried the directors chairs and put our nearly-new sling-backs into retirement. For us anyway, there was no comparison in long-term comfort.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #24

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
My wife and I tried out every sling-back chair we could find before buying the most comfortable ones we found (at Sears). We then tried the directors chairs and put our nearly-new sling-backs into retirement. For us anyway, there was no comparison in long-term comfort.
I'm with Ray. I had the umbrella type until I went to a 3 day agility trial and nearly killed my back. Someone was selling the director's chair type for $79 and while I did not buy one for that much, I went home and looked online and found one for a better price. Later I bought a second one at Ace Hardware. That was five years ago; they are much easier to find now. They are very light, easy to use and carry, and so much better for your back than the sling type. And the one I bought five years ago looks like new.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light