Lil snoozy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #1

Name: Laura
Trailer: Winnebago
Iowa
Lil snoozy

Has anyone been to the Lil Snoozy factory lately. I know they have made some changes. I would like to see pictures if someone has them.
Laura
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #2

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Lil Snoozy visit in December

As you probably know from my thread I was at the plant in December and will be back in April to pick up the trailer I ordered.
I was never there before December so I have nothing to compare the current plant to.
I did see the changes in the trailers as pointed out in other FRV threads by Alan and Nicholas. They are constantly using peoples suggestions to improve their product. Inside cabinet space has been increased substantially. I was concerned about rear lighting on the trailer. They already addressed that issue by adding an elevated brake light and additional LED lighting in the back. They have made several other changes that I am sure they would be glad to discuss with you in detail if you contact them.
It is very obvious that their goal is to sell trailers and they aim to do that by exceeding their customers expectations. I wish every company I have ever dealt with for any reason had their eagerness to provide the best product and service possible. I could not be more pleased with all they have done to meet my needs in a trailer.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Has anyone who as already picked one up actually weighed it yet?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Or has anyone even weighed the tongue weight? Or indicated towed miles per gallon, a measure of the shapes efficiency?

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #5

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
I have already made arrangements with an acquaintance that owns an asphalt manufacturing company to use his scales. I will also check fuel mileage driving to SC with no trailer and fuel mileage returning with a trailer. I talked at length with 3 current owners and none had done either a fuel check or a weigh in. The best information I was able to get from one owner was that their Lil Snoozy towed as good or better with the same tug as their previous 13 ft. egg. Granted, that is not definitive information, but all that I had to go on.
I will update you when I have the information you asked for.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #6

Registry
Great to hear Bill, please actually unhook it from the vehicle when you weigh it so we get to hear the real total weight.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #7

Florida
Actually it would be good to weigh it connected to the tow vehicle and disconnected from the tow vehicle. The difference would be the tongue weight.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 02-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #8

Iowa
Thanks Bill for the information. I am looking forward to hearing from you when you get your Lil Snoozy. We hope to order ours soon. This forum is a great help to all of us, when trying to make decisions about our FRV's
Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Name: Alan
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Our tongue weights with the Honda 2000 Generator on it weighed in at 274 lbs. subtract the gen for less tongue weight. Also the customer has the ability to increase or decrease the tongue weight by the amount of items in the storage area under the bed. Our water tank is right over the axle under the couch so either empty or full it shouldn't affect the tongue weight that much. The refrigerator and all the kitchen cabinet storage items are behind the axle so that will have some effect also. We have not weighed the tongue since we introduced our news lighter weight frame or body but feel that will help some too. Also we are in the process of building two new molds for what we will call "Saddlee Bag" fenders that will be an option and retrofitable to all existing "LiL Snoozys" adding a good bit of storage in the rear portion behind the tire that will increase the consumers ability to balance, decrease or increase the tongue weight while also adding a lot of out the cabin storage. The new fenders will extend all the way to the rear of the camper and will be flared on the front for better astectics and air flow. We are so busy right now that these will probably not be available until next year but will be easily retrofit able in short order either by us or the customer in kit form if they live far away. Also as one customer said he mounted the spare tire out side on the rear wall to the left of the door and said he reduced his tongue weight a good but. He did not say or know how much tho. Another a customer built a bike rack on the rear also doing the same thing, So the customer has ways to change or at least control his weights with the "Lil Snoozy" . We are constantly trying to make it better and with all you guys advice it helps. Again Thanks a lot!!
The "LiL Snoozy" team
PS: As always if we can help with any of your projects just give us a call.
Old Man Snoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
Commercial Member

South Carolina
That was suppose to say "Saddle Bag Fenders". Sorry typing to fast and not prof reading
Old 02-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Actually it would be good to weigh it connected to the tow vehicle and disconnected from the tow vehicle. The difference would be the tongue weight.
Good plan Norm.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Snoozy View Post
Our tongue weights with the Honda 2000 Generator on it weighed in at 274 lbs. subtract the gen for less tongue weight.
Ok I will bite what does the generator weigh?

What does the trailer that weighed 274lb on the tongue have in the way of options on it at the time? Did that include the battery weight etc?
Old 02-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #13

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Honda 2000 weighs 46.3 lbs
Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #14
Commercial Member

South Carolina
Weight included the battery, battery box, full hot water heater, micro wave, Thedford cassette toilet and spare tire mounted under the bed. Side and rear awnings. This is the way most are shipped and thats the weight we show.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #15

Florida
Tongue weight

Tongue weight is an important number and thanks for providing it.

As I read your post a Lil SNoozy with a Honda Generator weighs 274 #s.

What does the trailer weigh?

Does the tongue/trailer weight include a full or partially full water tank? empty fridge? ......

Are you describing an empty for the road trailer?

Thanks for clarification

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 02-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #16
Commercial Member

South Carolina
Hey Norm,
Usually they come out with the options I stated around 1980. We are trying to pin it down but it is getting lighter with our new frame and body. We are just wating to get the latest cabinets because we have added drawers in the entertainment center which will add some to it before we publish a final empty weight and tounge weight. Water tank usually has maybe five gallon in it for testing for possible leaks. Refidge is always empty. Water heater is always full.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #17

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Sounds like a sub-200 lb tongue is very achievable with this trailer. It could be a good Subaru tow candidate.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:51 AM   #18

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Sounds like a sub-200 lb tongue is very achievable with this trailer. It could be a good Subaru tow candidate.
Sadly Subaru no can do. Trailer with no owners food or belongings in it with a Tongue of 274lbs less a 46lb generator = 228lbs
Old 02-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #19

Iowa
Hey Old Man Snoozy, sure glad to see you read these forums too. Hope to come see you soon. People are starting to look at our 5th wheel, so hope we sell it soon. Really want to see all the upgrades and changes you made. Glad to see you made the kitchen cupbards bigger. We have looked at other FGTT, but we always come back to the Lil Snoozy as it looks like it will fit our needs the best.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #20

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Sadly Subaru no can do. Trailer with no owners food or belongings in it with a Tongue of 274lbs less a 46lb generator = 228lbs
Remember it was stated that the tongue weight can be further reduced by moving the spare tire from under the bed to a rear-wall mount, or by adding a bike rack to the rear, or both. In other words, there are things one can do to get it under 200 lbs. With careful loading it's a possibility.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote