Lil Snoozy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #1

Name: Paul
Trailer: Escape 19
Georgia
Lil Snoozy

Anyone out there have any experiene with the Lil Snoozy TT.
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #2

Trailer: 1984 Perris Pacer ('Tillie')
PAB4 - you may want to do a search for Lil Snoozy, you will be amazed...!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #3

Name: Paul
Trailer: Escape 19
Georgia
[QUOTE="Vicki A.;433607"]PAB4 - you may want to do a search for Lil Snoozy, you will be amazed...![/QUOTE
Positive?
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #4

Trailer: 1984 Perris Pacer ('Tillie')
[/QUOTEPositive?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your perspective.
That's why you should really read all you can here.
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Ruth has some feedback and other owner info is in the 7 page thread. Also search "condensation" with this trailer to learn more from owners. Two owners that I saw here are trying to put up their own extra insulation.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post361824

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post361917

edit: and here are two owners trying to get warranty work from the business

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/27261066.cfm
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
to the Forum Paul.
There's lots and lots of information on here
about just about any brand you can think of.

Owner Club site:

http://lilsnoozyclub-com.webs.com

Backyard Photo Shoot of mine:

http://lilsnoozyclub-com.webs.com/ap...bumid=14699527
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
We just picked up a twin bed model last month have spent 5 nights already so far so good . Yes there is a little condensation we had 3 people in it plus 50-60 degree night .you must open a window . The blinds for the windows are a little cheesy need to put in some curtains . check out lil snoozy owners club .com
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #8

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
Condensation

As I am reading about the condensation on Lil Snoozys, one thing I want to point out is that condensation is just the water vapor in the air become water droplets on the cool surfaces. So, two things -- if the vapor doesn't condense, it stays in the air, but the level of actual moisture is the same - there is a certain amount of moisture inside the camper, in whatever form it is currently in. This isn't unique to Snoozys. Go to the teardrop website, Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers • Index page, and look at all the posts about moisture.

Second, on a camper with rat-fur, you may not see the condensation on a cold day, but it is there. I had many times when I would lean against the "dry" wall in our Scamp, and end up with an immediately soaked back.

Moisture will be a problem in any small contained space with people breathing inside. The answer, in any small camper, is ventilation. In colder weather, paradoxically, more ventilation is needed.
Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAB4 View Post
Anyone out there have any experiene with the Lil Snoozy TT.
Paul, we picked up our Lil Snoozy the end of May, and have put 6,000 miles on it since then. We never had any problems with it.....LOVE IT , but I have been "making it our own". Right now I am making the bed platform hinge to easily access storage area from above.... Solar install like Denny Wolfe aka McDenny will be next as I already have everything needed. Slight condensation was noted in the sleeping area on a couple of occasions, so if I get tired of it I may put reflectix & marine headliner (RAT FUR) in the sleeping area only. We had this in our Scamp, and never had noticed condensation on the walls (windows are very wet), unlike our previous Scamp with ensolite (elephant hide), which had condensation many times.
Good Luck with your search. Please note that since Richard has taken over many of the previous problems (especially communications) are a thing of the past.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #10

Name: Greg
Trailer: Just looking
NC
Dave, Don't forget to post images of the bed platform hinge mod when it's completed.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #11

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E Henning View Post
Second, on a camper with rat-fur, you may not see the condensation on a cold day, but it is there. I had many times when I would lean against the "dry" wall in our Scamp, and end up with an immediately soaked back.

I disagree, you must have had condensation running off the windows.
Never seen this even once...., condensation on the windows(cold surface) yes, but never on the ratfur which is insulated with reflextix.

As you say...
Easy to eliminate most condensation by simply keeping the roof vent open whenever the heat is on.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #12

Name: Jan
Trailer: Lil snoozy
Iowa
We picked up our snoozy July 2. We have taken it out 2 times so far. We love it! Haven't seen any condensation as of yet. We had a rainy day on one of our trips and enjoyed sitting on the couch watching movies on the tv that was sitting on the "entertainment center". The bathroom, the ample counter top, the real bed and the couch and tv center were the big draws for us. It pulls great and it fits in our garage. Just love it.
JanWelshons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #13

NE Oklahoma
Welcome to the Forum Jan
and congratulations on you new Snoozy
Old 09-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #14

Name: Greg
Trailer: Just looking
NC
Good to hear your report Jan. We're seriously considering the Snoozy.
Keep us posted of any future issues you experience ~ good or not so good.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #15

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I disagree, you must have had condensation running off the windows.
Never seen this even once...., condensation on the windows(cold surface) yes, but never on the ratfur which is insulated with reflextix.

As you say...
Easy to eliminate most condensation by simply keeping the roof vent open whenever the heat is on.
I'm not saying that everybody will experience a soaked shirt experience. That depends on too many factors - how cold is it outside? How warm is it inside? How many people are in the camper? Is cooking taking place in the camper? Is the stove propane or electric? That all makes a difference.

What I am saying is that any time you have warm, moist air come in contact with a cold surface, you will get condensation. And, 1/4" of reflectix and rat fur is not enough insulation to stop that process.

And, no, I'm not talking here about condensation off the windows, although you are correct that they are a major source of it.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:05 PM   #16

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Another Perspective

Quote:
I'm not saying that everybody will experience a soaked shirt experience. That depends on too many factors - how cold is it outside? How warm is it inside? How many people are in the camper? Is cooking taking place in the camper? Is the stove propane or electric? That all makes a difference.

What I am saying is that any time you have warm, moist air come in contact with a cold surface, you will get condensation. And, 1/4" of reflectix and rat fur is not enough insulation to stop that process.

And, no, I'm not talking here about condensation off the windows, although you are correct that they are a major source of it.
Paul, not denying your experience but we have now spent about 1,000 nights in our Scamp all over the country at all times of the year. We also cook breakfast every morning in the trailer. We have never experienced wet walls on the Scamp's fabric. Certainly we have had plenty of heavy condensation on the windows which usually wipe dry.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #17

Norm -- My point exactly -- how much it happens depends on a lot of factors. You have two people in a 16' Scamp, with your style of food prep, and your preferred interior temperature, and it doesn't pose a problem for you.

We had three people and a dog in a 13' front-bath, which has about half the main-cabin space, the ladies in my life are cold-blooded in the morning, and we cook potatoes for breakfast. We had problems with condensation.

Our original Scamp cushions had velour upholstery with vinyl on the back. We found that in cold weather, if we put our hand between the cushion and the wall, it was often soaked back there, and not just under the windows.

Anyway, the point here is not Scamp-bashing. The point is that high production of humidity in a low-insulation, low volume, low airflow space is a perfect scenario for condensation issues. And, the answer is adequate air exchange.

We now have a 4-wide teardrop (just two of us now), and condensation can be a BIG problem if we don't provide ventilation. We run the MaxxAir fan at night, and that solves it. We also find that it is much warmer to sleep in a cold space with low humidity than to sleep in a damp, clammy space that is warmer.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #18

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
we cook potatoes for breakfast.
Amen!
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #19

NE Oklahoma
It's not a meal without potatoes.................LOL

Where I come from it's "tators."
Old 09-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #20

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Our original Scamp cushions had velour upholstery with vinyl on the back. We found that in cold weather, if we put our hand between the cushion and the wall, it was often soaked back there, and not just under the windows.

Anyway, the point here is not Scamp-bashing. The point is that high production of humidity in a low-insulation, low volume, low airflow space is a perfect scenario for condensation issues. And, the answer is adequate air exchange.

I think a lot of what you have experienced has to do with location and time of year. I have a girlfriend who moved out to the Wet Coast a couple of years ago and she says that she still can not get over the feeling that the sheets on her bed at home feel damp every time she gets into bed at night - difference in humidity here vs where she lived prior. I grew up on the wet coast so I don't notice it, sheets feel dry to me.

The dampness between the cushions and the fiberglass they sit on (and to some extent the walls they press up against & close proximity to cold bare fiberglass) is a common problem here on the wet coast and many of us have taken a page from the boating world and use a product called Hypervent under the bed. It is not a problem restricted to only trailers with rat fur though! The condensation is caused by the warm bodies in the bed on top of the cold fiberglass the cushions sit on. Adding the venting under the bedding and Window/Maxx covers to the rear side windows on my Scamp to allow the windows to stay open even in the rain did a lot to reduced the issue of condensation build up at night in my trailer. Although I like the others have never felt the rat fur located in an open areas of the trailer to be damp regardless of how much condensation may be on the windows - only in the areas you suggest - behind or under cushions close to cold fiberglass.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote