lil Snoozy Factory - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
lil Snoozy Factory

Leaving today to look at lil Snoozy. I will post photos when I Return
Old 03-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #2

Name: Carol
Trailer: Chalet XL for sale. Hoping to get a Snoozy.
New York
Anxious to see your photos as I will be heading down there the end of April.
CarolMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Eager to hear your opinion. If you are like my wife and I, you will go home with a smaller bank account, but one huge smile on your face.
You will find Nickolas and Alan very eager to please and if you have never seen a Lil Snoozy in person, I believe you will be impressed as we were with the well thought out design. I'm sure Alan will point out unique to Lil Snoozy features that will minimize long term maintenance requirements. The large storage area under the bed with out support dividers allows for a carrying place for big items such as lawn chairs.
We are picking ours up next week and have planned several trips for this summer in addition to attending a couple of rallys.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #4

Registry
we are in tupelo ms. makeing headway slow but shure . hope to arive in st martin late wed or early thursday.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Topic split

posts moved here
Old 04-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #6

Registry
We have returned from the Lil Snoozy factory

We have returned from the Lil Snoozy factory . The following is my opinion of the visit none of the comparisons are to knock any trailer mag. So here we go . First the owners Alan & Nicholas Smoke there staff Tacy and all the rest could not have been more helpful or nice , it’s like dealing with good old friends . I like the fact that you can ( from inside ) take your hand and push up on the roof and there is no give ( as there is in the 4 Casita`s that I have owned ) this has two layers of fiberglass with closed foam between . Fit and finish is very good wood in the cabinets is solid red oak ( no pressed wood aka casita wood ) much lighter in weight and color . Bath is smaller than casita but it is a lot taller I guess it a trade off, also has a pocket door that we like very much , I have not made up my mind about the toilet , I think I like the Casita one better , I ordered the cassette one that have is a new way of doing things , I will keep an open mind on this one and see how works out . If it does not I will turn to the Fiberglass Dr Larry Gamble , not that Nicholas was not willing to rework it in some form or fashion he was and is very capable of doing so. And a real Biggie NO RAT FUR . Galley ordered only microwave and refrigerator . We don’t cook inside. Got the a/c also they have a new molded cover for it . We got the shorter awning (new size ) over the door . We are ordering 15 in tires in stead of 14`s . love the new tail lights and break light . Led bulbs inside and out. They have a new molded cover for the generator . Jack knife couch is very convertible ( not the case most the time ) the hole thing is layed out very good , we ask about making twin beds , Nicholas sad they haven’t done one but they were willing to do it, we stayed with the queen . We saw a closet in one that was for some one else. The Smokes are very happy to work with you on most any thing. I know there is probably something I have forgotten , photos inclosed In closing let me say this when I saw the photos and reviews of Lil Snoozy , I thought that I might like it ,looks good but lets see. When we saw Lil Snoozy I could not beleve it ! It is the best thing out there in this price range and a lot nicer than some in higher price range. We have one on order. base at present $16,995.00
Amperage Draw water heater 12 amps , referigerator 1.5 amps, a/c 4.5 amps, microwave 6.3 amps
Attached Thumbnails
100_2327.jpg   100_2328.jpg  

100_2329.jpg   100_2330.jpg  

100_2331.jpg   100_2332.jpg  

100_2333.jpg  
Old 04-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #7

New York
It sounds so great - can't wait to go down and check it out. One question about the hitch - it looks like it is attached separately from the actual body of the trailer frame. Does that make the trailer very far from the back of the car? It looks like about 2 feet in the photos.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #8

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Congrats on your new trailer, when are you going to receive it ? By the way I wish more trailer manufactures offered the cassette toilet. I had one in a truck camper , and loved it. To me it has many more features than a standard toilet.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thank you for sharing. We had a cassette toilet in a high-end pop-up and were pleased with it so I hope you like it. You can just keep it really clean and we spent a lot of time in that trailer so the use was heavy. Was easier to deal with than either the black tank or just the regular porti-potti. I'm so excited for you!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
We are ordering 15 in tires in stead of 14`s .
What are the advantages of using 15's to 14 inch tires?
George A Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #11

Like tim i wondered about the build wait time. I sure like all the new upgrades Thanks for the photos and sharing it all with us.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #12

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
I really luv those tail lights and will e-mail the Smoaks to ask about scoring a pair of them for a hotrod project I'm working on.
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #13

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Thanks for the report. We've been waiting to hear. I think I see an LP tank in one photo; are they running propane lines in the trailers now?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #14

New York
What is the white puffy thing to the left side of the door? I know that is the bathroom so maybe it is a fan?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #15

Trailer: Casita
Herschel,
Congrats, that looks really cool. I am sure you will love it! What is the weight? It looks like it would be light enough to be towed be a car or small SUV.

Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #16

Registry
Carol it is a fantastic fan , the hitch is about the same as a Casita, Mike that is a LP tank i think it is an option now, Bc ill bet you can get a pair from them they are led, Ken c 2 to 4 weeks they have one in the mold most delivery time 4 to 6 weeks , George in my opinion a 15 gives more ground clearance also you can get a higher ply rating than you get with a 14 , Cathy & Tim I hope I like the cassette toilet as much as you,
Old 04-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
Herschel,
Congrats, that looks really cool. I am sure you will love it! What is the weight? It looks like it would be light enough to be towed be a car or small SUV.

Marv
dry weight 2100 lbs
Old 04-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #18

Registry
Carol Marie on 2nd thought i think what you are seeing is the surge brake that is mounted on the tong it makes it look different .
Old 04-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #19

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Herschel, I will have to figure on coming to the Sept. River Valley rally again this year, if for no other reason than to tour your new Snoozy!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #20

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Herschel, I will have to figure on coming to the Sept. River Valley rally again this year, if for no other reason than to tour your new Snoozy!
I think there is only 6 or 7 spots left , hurry up .