Lil Snoozy peek?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-14-2016, 04:00 PM   #15

Name: SCOTTIE
Trailer: Lil Snoozy on order
Nevada
Great Film on Snoozy Thetford Toilet

Hi Tonie,

If you have not seen this video on Lil Snoozy, it does explain the benefits of Optional Thetford Cassette Toilet. My feelings, after having experienced hooking up the dump hose and finding an appropriate dump station this seems much more sanitary. But to each his/her own.

Check out this short youtube video:

Old 12-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #16

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
The Snoozy has a cassette toilet. Sort of like a porta-pottie. You remove the tank, transport it to the bathroom and dump it in a toilet or to the dump station. Most trailers have a holding tank and you go to the dump station, connect the waste hose to the trailer, and open the dump valve. I personally would not want to carry the cassette to an appropriate dumping location.

But......the Lil Snoozy is a nice trailer, cassette toilet or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

We have owned and used our LiL Snoozy going on three years. The cassette toilette is not " sort of like a porta- pottie" . The Toilet works just like a standard RV toilet except you slide the 5 gallon cassette out from outside the trailer. The Snoozy has a hatch in the back. The cassette is sealed and can be dumped in a toilet, dump station etc without the mess of a dump hose. I would never go back to the old system..Just my two cents..

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Old 12-14-2016, 06:28 PM   #17

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
I agree with Charlie. We mostly boondock and so many times our friends are having to break camp to try to look for a place to dump. We simply take the bottom half with us to ANY toilet (rest areas, gas station, visitors center, home, etc.) or dump station. To answer the question "does every Lil Snoozy need to block out the brakes when backing up", the answer is only for DISC breaks, and they can be manually blocked out if desired. When we purchased ours in 2014 wee had a choice of either hydraulic surge disc or surge drum, or your normal electric trailer brakes.
Dave & Paula
Old 12-14-2016, 06:34 PM   #18
CPW

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Flori-duh!
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
We have owned and used our LiL Snoozy going on three years. The cassette toilette is not " sort of like a porta- pottie" . The Toilet works just like a standard RV toilet except you slide the 5 gallon cassette out from outside the trailer. The Snoozy has a hatch in the back. The cassette is sealed and can be dumped in a toilet, dump station etc without the mess of a dump hose. I would never go back to the old system..Just my two cents..

For the average person requesting an explanation of a cassette toilet (or in this case an explanation of the differences), a comparison to a Porta-Potty is absolutely appropriate. When it is full, you separate the waste container from the top and as I previously stated, dump it in the appropriate location. A person unfamiliar with a cassette toilet can understand that explanation/comparison. It is certainly more like a Porta-Potty than a "conventional" RV toilet. And cassette toilets require more frequent service because the cassette has to be light enough for the user to remove and transport to a nearby bathroom or to a vehicle for transport to the dump station, so it cannot go as long between emptyings (is that an actual word?) I have friends with a Snoozy and am familiar with its layout, including the location of the cassette. It is the one feature my friend hates because, as he says, he is "more likely to get splashed with unpleasant substances when cleaning the the cassette than when he emptied his previous trailer with a stinky slinky." Having used a Porta-Potty for many years in two Aliners, I can understand. I hated dumping and cleaning the dam thing every couple of days. So I personally would avoid purchasing a trailer with a cassette toilet. I also like having propane and that would rule out the Lil Snoozy for me, even though it has several good points. That's my two cents........but to each their own. If a cassette toilet meets your needs and more importantly your preferences, stick with it.

It would be interesting to see a survey of people who have owned trailers with each type of toilet as to which one they like better.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #19

Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
When I sold my cabin, the porta-potti was included. Never want to see another.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:25 PM   #20

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
I'm curious to know if the Tesla can be recharged from 120V? It looks like it normally needs 240V service to recharge the batteries. I don't think you're likely to find campgrounds with 240V. So my next question would be, will this limit you to campgrounds where there's a charging station in the general vicinity or along the route?

As for the cassette toilet vs holding tank discussion, it's totally a matter of personal preference. I've had both and I prefer either a porta-potty or cassette, but I camp alone and I only need to empty one of those devices about once per week. If I had a convenient way to dump a holding tank at my house (when I return from a trip), my feelings might be different.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:03 PM   #21

Nevada
Tesla's come with two outlet adapters, one for a standard household 110v outlet & the second adapter is for a 240v outlet. Other adapters are available for purchase. It is recommended to charge from a 240v outlet as it will charge your Tesla much faster, say overnight. A 110v outlets could take days. Tesla Superchargers can charge a Tesla very fast, from almost empty to almost full, say 20 minutes. The last 30 miles is like filling a bucket with water and the charge slows way down. So it might take another 20 minutes to bring the battery charge to full (rated range of 250 miles). Many RV parks, (campgrounds) have multiple outlets at each pedistal. Tesla owners have been advised to dial back the amp draw by 1/3 to keep from tripping the breaker especially if you are using other outlets for lights and c-pap in the travel trailer. Hope this helps.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:55 AM   #22

North Carolina
Registry
Please keep us up to date on how the Tesla works out. With very good planning you may be able to travel, at least in some places and get free fuel at the campgrounds. That may work out great in the east but there are vast areas in the west where the CG's are far and few. Here's wishing you Godspeed..

As to the cassette vs tank toilet's there will always be disagreement. It is the same old side door vs back, propane vs electric etc. What works for you may not for me. I like being able to dump nearly anywhere and I have never splashed anything on me. The cassette does not require any special cleaning. After dumping just run a little water in it and dump again, add chemical, job done. You will never have to wait in line a a dump station. If you dump it every couple of days an added benefit is less weight to carry around. Just my additional two cents..
Old 12-15-2016, 06:40 AM   #23

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2016 Honda Odyssey
Alabama
Lil Snoozy video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieLV View Post
Hi Tonie,

If you have not seen this video on Lil Snoozy, it does explain the benefits of Optional Thetford Cassette Toilet. My feelings, after having experienced hooking up the dump hose and finding an appropriate dump station this seems much more sanitary. But to each his/her own.

Check out this short youtube video:
Old 12-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #24

Nevada
Mike asked it this would limit Tesla tow vehicles to campgrounds along major routes or interstates and the answer is YES. Tesla is limited to Superchargers (Mostly found along major interstate highways) and Destination Chargers which are campgrounds and hotels/motels with electric charge stations. These charging stations are increasing monthly.
We will not have the luxury of going out in the boondocks. This is fine with us. On the Thetford Toilet, Wow, that gizmo really sold us, very sanitary and convenient. We were originally looking to buy the Safari Condo, Alto 1713 travel trailer, made in Quebec City, Canada. Very lightweight and teardropped shape. Designed to expand upward at the push of a button. Great little Camper but so popular you have to wait two years to get one. Then we discovered Snoozy. It weighs more and not so aerodynamic but, is more senior friendly. plus somewhat customizable. We decided to risk range anxiety for convienience. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #25

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2016 Honda Odyssey
Alabama
I see my message of thanks did not load with the video above. Just wanted to thank Scottie for sharing the video . . . I had looked over the Lil Snoozy site online, and somehow completely missed this video! Thanks for posting it!

Tonie
Old 12-15-2016, 10:01 AM   #26

Name: John
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2
Northern Nevada
Scottie,

I'm really interested in how the Tesla TV works out and hope we can get more information after you have been running it for a while.

If the normal range of 255 miles is reduced by half when towing and you have to charge from a 120 volt outlet, it seems you might only go about 100 miles and wait 24 hours to charge. In that case very careful planning will be required and you won't be able to make any longer runs on the way home unless you make a route to include Tesla charging stations. Do you plan to make a route that includes only Tesla charging stations, and if so, will that be a scenic route that matches your vacation plans?

Please flow-up with more info on how all of this works out.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:14 PM   #27

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Another satisfied Snoozy owner here. Yes, I also liked the Safari from Quebec, but had no idea how to find anyonewho would let me look and give me their rundown on it.
I have disposable gloves in the snoozy for "just in case".I don't think we'll really need them. I don't mind the midnight restroom run in developed campgrounds, we'll see howit goes when we get to boondocking.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:34 PM   #28

North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Another satisfied Snoozy owner here. Yes, I also liked the Safari from Quebec, but had no idea how to find anyonewho would let me look and give me their rundown on it.
I have disposable gloves in the snoozy for "just in case".I don't think we'll really need them. I don't mind the midnight restroom run in developed campgrounds, we'll see howit goes when we get to boondocking.

I have been known to dig a hole and empty the cassette when boondocking.

Tags
lil snoozy