Lil Snoozy Site is now OPEN! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-27-2011, 01:01 AM   #29

Name: Sharon
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Quote:
In an earlier thread, it was said by Melissa "The brand in this thread is LiL Snoozy and the price is $13,900 with A/C, fridge, water heater, furance, awning, shower/cassette toilet etc." From $13,900 to the $18,000+ of a Casita is a big jump. But $2000 is not as much of a difference as $5000 or $6000. To me with the new price list, it is "in the same general price range" as a Casita, though maybe a thousand or two less. I am looking at a Casita price list I received a few weeks ago during a visit to Rice, TX. At $17,000+ including AC, refer and furnace, the Lil Snoozy about the price range of a Casita Deluxe out the door.

At $13,900 loaded, it was a keeper. However, If you add A/C, fridge, water heater, furance, awning, shower/cassette toilet as extra cost items to the current sale price of almost $14,000, the price advantage shrinks. After the first 25 trailers, the price of $16,000 plus A/C, fridge, water heater, furance, awning, shower/cassette toilet will shrink that price difference even more.
When I saw the new price list I realized a Lil Snoozy is out of my price range. If I could afford that, I would already have bought a new Casita.

Also, we are in Florida at a family get-together-campout right now and dealing with having to find a place to dump our cassette toilet every 3 days. We can't dump in relative's toilets because here in rural Florida they all have septic tanks that occasionally have problems and need to be pumped out. So we don't want to dump the formaldehyde toilet chemicals necessary to control odor in a cassette toilet or porta potty into their septic tanks. The only places to dump in the area are commercial campgrounds or state parks. We do not want to have to drive to a campground and pay to dump a 5 gallon cassette. And having to dump every 3 days is a royal pain. Driving to a campground and paying to dump once a week would be okay.

So our new plan is to try to find a nice used Scamp at a decent price this winter or early next spring. We HOPE.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #30

Name: Carol
Trailer: Chalet XL for sale. Hoping to get a Snoozy.
New York
To me, one of the most important differences between the Casita and the Snoozy is the weight. If lower weight is important (very much so to me) then the Snoozy would be preferable. I have checked out just about every small/lightweight trailer there is and they all weigh upwards of 2600. My little 13' Scamp was less but had no bathroom. So if the Snoozy can keep the weight low and the amenities nice, I would definitely buy one.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:59 AM   #31

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon G View Post
So we don't want to dump the formaldehyde toilet chemicals necessary to control odor in a cassette toilet or porta potty into their septic tanks.
formaldehyde? That stuff should be banned... totally. There are LOTS and LOTS of black water tank chemicals available that work very well and don't contain formaldehyde. Check it out...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #32

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
I think your little camper looks great! I wish you the best in your new endeavor. I hope to see one at a rally in the near future.

You need to add pix to the gallery, so the pix show up for all of us: Fiberglass RV Gallery

CindyL
Old 05-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #33

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
I agree with Donna, RV's have been dumping in septic tanks for years with other chemical options. Search Rv.net will bring up more plenty of info. Take care.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #34

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
formaldehyde? That stuff should be banned... totally. There are LOTS and LOTS of black water tank chemicals available that work very well and don't contain formaldehyde. Check it out...
Donna, what was the formula you gave a while back? It included water softener, bleach and detergent.

D*

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #35

US
Geo method is a popular one The Geo Method
Old 05-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #36

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Donna, I hate formaldehyde. But when we visited my sister in Texas for Christmas we tried a non-formaldehyde product. In the southeast, in this extreme heat, our entire trailer reeks like a sewer -- it's unbearable -- after two days.

I understand that the rv toilets that hold a little water keep odors down better. The cassettes and porta potties don't hold any water in the bowl. So odor in them is much harder to control.

We couldn't use our cassette down here without formaldehyde due to horrific odor problems.

That is one of the reasons I was so hoping Lil Snoozy would have a real toilet. I would LOVE to be able to use the geo method.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #37

Georgia
On edit, I replaced the seal in the Thetford cassette toilet last year. It costs $29.00 for a seal, and the odor problem is back.

The seat of the cassette toilets also crack after a couple of years if you sit on them to take showers, as we do.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #38

Name: Mr
Trailer: small
State
I love the Snoozy. I think it is really a nice, practical-looking unit. I do have a couple of questions for the manufacturer. First, is there a place for hanging clothes? Second, have you looked at using one of the 12v Danfoss refrigerators as an option? My one complaint is the placement of the air conditioner.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #39

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E Henning View Post
I love the Snoozy. I think it is really a nice, practical-looking unit. I do have a couple of questions for the manufacturer. First, is there a place for hanging clothes? Second, have you looked at using one of the 12v Danfoss refrigerators as an option? My one complaint is the placement of the air conditioner.
Paul,
As of now we do not have a hanging closet, it one of the high items on my priority list. I am thinking about putting on on the bathroom wall beside the couch. I have never heard of Danfoss, I will be looking hard into them though. The A/C pictured has now been moved on production models. Its placement is about 5 inches higher, out towards the curb 4 inches and recessed an inch and half. Now even someone over 6 feet would have to TRY to hit there head. A company just down the road from us is building a Vacuformed plastic cover with louvers, similar to a roof mount A/C, to improve the aesthetics.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #40

US
The 12volt dometic tundra fridge is also popular in marine and truck campers, 3.2 Amps, but at a price.
Tundra Refrigerators for Boats
Old 05-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #41

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
I found a Thetford/Norcold 12v/110 compressor style that is around 3 amps start up on 110v. Like you said though, it comes at a high cost. I think they are around $1100 retail. I have an OEM relationship with them so I'm hoping I can get it cheaper. I can not understand how a 4 cubic foot refer can cost THAT much.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #42

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
I think AC standard would turn me off as i can see heat needed more than AC and dont need the weight of AC. By the time I add what I would want, I.e., heat, microwave, propane, it goes way up in price. But i love the floor plan even though i can't find a schematic of it on the site. I love the height except a little shorter and it would have been garageable. I wonder when we will see one out here?