Lil Snoozy Site is now OPEN! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #41

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
I found a Thetford/Norcold 12v/110 compressor style that is around 3 amps start up on 110v. Like you said though, it comes at a high cost. I think they are around $1100 retail. I have an OEM relationship with them so I'm hoping I can get it cheaper. I can not understand how a 4 cubic foot refer can cost THAT much.
LiL Snoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #42

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I think AC standard would turn me off as i can see heat needed more than AC and dont need the weight of AC. By the time I add what I would want, I.e., heat, microwave, propane, it goes way up in price. But i love the floor plan even though i can't find a schematic of it on the site. I love the height except a little shorter and it would have been garageable. I wonder when we will see one out here?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #43

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
LOL, NOT having A/C would turn us off as we live in the South and MUST have it. I'm working up a way to add A/C to the window of the T@B once it arrives. The little window units are much lighter than the rooftop style so it's not as much of a weight issue using them.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #44

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Nicholas: Will you be camping in your region with a Lil' Snoozy to drum up attention to it? It's probably more relaxing and less expensive than going to RV shows.
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #45

South Carolina
We all know how plans change, especially when starting a new buisness. My PLAN is to attend some rally's in the south east, as well as major events (IE car shows, airshows etc) Your right, it is tremendously more fun and relaxing being in a camp ground rather than a show room.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #46

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm having better luck posting here than via emails so here are some more questions for Nicholas-
is the frame galvanized painted black or a conventional 4" box frame? Who is manufacturer of disc brakes and any pictures of the brake set up, is there a picture of cross section of the hull/wall/floor showing thickness and insulation, what about blinds or shades for the windows, where is fresh water tank?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #47

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
one answer is here, take care.
"The fresh tank is located under the couch, along with the Shurflo revolution pump."
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #48

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm having better luck posting here than via emails so here are some more questions for Nicholas-
is the frame galvanized painted black or a conventional 4" box frame? Who is manufacturer of disc brakes and any pictures of the brake set up, is there a picture of cross section of the hull/wall/floor showing thickness and insulation, what about blinds or shades for the windows, where is fresh water tank?
I'm glad your asking the questions because they are all the right ones in my opinion that I don't know enough yet to ask. Keep going!
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #49

head room

Is the headroom really 6'4"? I thought Melissa had measured 6'2" when she came back from the factory. I was very excited about this trailer when I first saw the pictures from Melissa, since it's the only egg that has that nice sofa configuration. That would be perfect for us (dinettes don't do it for us at all). But my husband is 6'3", so when I saw the height I was disappointed. If it's really 6'4" then this will be on top of our list now. We had been thinking about Eggcampers because of the height thing, but the molded in furniture was turning us off. The new Parkliners are nice because of the price and the headroom, but they also have the dinette thing going on. Maybe I should have asked this on Lil' Snoozy's site directly. But maybe others might be interested in headroom.
Lisa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #50

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
My Hubby is 6 ft and had a hand's width between his head and the ceiling. You'll have to ask Snoozy for the exact height but Hubby thinks it has to be at least 6' 4" with the distance he had. With no subfloor to eat up height that may be where the benefit comes in.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:35 PM   #51

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Snoozy View Post
We all know how plans change, especially when starting a new buisness. My PLAN is to attend some rally's in the south east, as well as major events (IE car shows, airshows etc) Your right, it is tremendously more fun and relaxing being in a camp ground rather than a show room.
I know Pa is not considered the Southeast, but it would be great if you could make the Pocono Eggfest in July. I see that Cpharley has an interest and so do we. Figured I'd put it out there...
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #52

bed size

I just e-mailed lil snoozy to get the bed size. After posting yesterday, I noticed on their website they mentioned underbed storage as being 72" x 60". That's queen width, but is really short. My hubby is 75". I've read on the forums that some folks think bed size is more important than ceiling height. We do want him to be able to stand up though. That may leave us with just the Eggcamper on our list. Their bed isn't really wide enough for us though (he's fairly broad too, not just tall). Finding that perfect egg is sure challenging.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #53

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa J View Post
I just e-mailed lil snoozy to get the bed size. After posting yesterday, I noticed on their website they mentioned underbed storage as being 72" x 60". That's queen width, but is really short. My hubby is 75". I've read on the forums that some folks think bed size is more important than ceiling height. We do want him to be able to stand up though. That may leave us with just the Eggcamper on our list. Their bed isn't really wide enough for us though (he's fairly broad too, not just tall). Finding that perfect egg is sure challenging.
It's very important to me also. I'm 6' 5" and the snoozy site say:
Lil Snoozy Specifications

Overall Dimensions Length: 17ft 3in
Height: 7ft 5in
Width: 7ft 11in

Living Area Dimensions
Length: 14ft 6in
Interior Width: 6ft 6in
Interior Head Room: 6ft 4in
Dry Weight : 1900 LBS** (weight varies on options selected)
Fresh Water - 35 gallons
Gray Water - 31 gallons

I can deal with an inch or two less than needed on height.....but the bed is more important to me. I see where the interior width is 6' 6". that's 78" and my queen here is 80". So it looks like it's going to be a close call for me.
I'll know more when we stop to see it in June. BTW.....I wonder how long the sofa is? If I had to sleep there and the wife on the queen that's ok too. I believe the Casita is 6'3" for the 17 footer and the Egg is about 6'7". It's the best for the tall guys, but I'm not certain about the bed size.
Have a great holiday everyone! And for all you Vets....THANK YOU!
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #54

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
LOL, NOT having A/C would turn us off as we live in the South and MUST have it. I'm working up a way to add A/C to the window of the T@B once it arrives. The little window units are much lighter than the rooftop style so it's not as much of a weight issue using them.
It would be nice to have a heat pump or something else that would do both. In California the AC would be great.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #55

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
I have a renewed interest in the Snoozy. I also have a couple of questions to ask.

Was a roof mounted AC ever a consideration? I really don't like the look of the AC, I would love to see picture of the new AC location and design.

I hate the 12x12 floor tiles, I referred back to the pictures, I'd probably opt to install laminate flooring over your tiles, how is the 1/4 round molding attached? I'd want to remove the molding to install the laminate flooring. My CT-13 only required 1 box of laminate flooring at a cost of $35 and it looks MUCH better than those tiles. If you had an reasonable pricing option to upgrade to laminate I'm sure you'd have a bunch interested. The sacrifice of 1/2 inch shouldn't matter for headroom, I'm 6'2".

Do you have a picture of the generator mount? I have a Yamaha 2000.

Are the wheel bearings sealed? Or will they require maintenance?

I see a floor mount in front of the couch, is that for a dinette table?
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #56

bed size

James, you might want to ask Nicholas directly on their website that list of questions. He might respond sooner. He just responded by e-mail today to my bed size question that I asked a few days ago, but hasn't yet on the forum here.
For all who are interested, the bed appears to be actually 79" x 60". So this one's a winner. Despite head room, Eggcamper can't compete with this great floor plan. We are used to a 60" bed, and the Eggcamper has a 54" I think. And having a couch is a great idea (for some of us that is). We don't even have a kitchen table in our studio apartment we live in, but instead eat on TV trays on the couch watching TV. So you see why the dinette idea just doesn't fly with us. I sure hope this company can take off successfully since we aren't ready to buy just yet. Hopefully the permanent bed and low weight will appeal to people. I think the foam insulation in these might be a little better than the new Parkliner (which also interests us mainly for the head room and low price). Parkliner uses astrofoil insulation with 'rat fur'. We want this for 4 season use in CA.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #57

Pennsylvania
Registry
The bed in the Egg camper can be as big as 54X87....I just measured
Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #58

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
I'm sure he will respond in this thread, I'm not concerned with an immediate answer. I am liking this snoozy better and better.
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #59

South Carolina
I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day, I know I did. NOW, straight to answering some question:
CPAHarley: The frame you see on the website is primed and painted black. The production frames are galvanized. I am experimenting with painting over the galvanized. I think the black frame looks better , but galvanized is just much more durable and long lasting. The outer structure is 4” channel steel, with 2” angle reenforcing structures. Tomorrow I will take a picture of a cut out to show the construction.

I answered the email about bed size but I will re-post it here for the benefit of the forum : “The dimensions for the under-bed storage measured from the shortest point side to side. With fiberglass molding, we must have a "draft" to make the part separate from the mold easier (think cake pan). This draft give a slight outward taper to the part. At the narrowest point (being the floor) the storage measures 72" wide, as the measurement travels up the side of the camper it grows to about 78" at the bottom of the bed frame. At mattress level, the bed is just under 80" long (wide if you are looking through the camper)”

We considered a roof mount A/C, until we saw the cost. Down here in South Carolina A/C is a must during the summer. We wanted to offer A/C standard. The window mount we use is more efficient, less costly, and easily replaceable.

Panoz77 : Funny you should mention flooring. When I weighed the floor tiles, I realized that they just wouldn't work. They added about 50 LBS to the camper. We now have a none skid surface on the counter mold. So the flooring is gel-coated fiberglass, similar to the deck of a boat. We do have three campers, in various stages of production, with the smooth fiberglass floor. They will receive some kind of floor treatment (obviously). You are also right, the sanction on the floor, in front of the couch, is for the table.

As for the Egg Fest in PA, where exactly is it? I would love to attend. It would give me an excuse to take a productive vacation. Can someone send me some information?

Nicholas
Old 06-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #60

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Snoozy View Post
I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day, I know I did. NOW, straight to answering some question:
CPAHarley: The frame you see on the website is primed and painted black. The production frames are galvanized. I am experimenting with painting over the galvanized. I think the black frame looks better , but galvanized is just much more durable and long lasting. The outer structure is 4” channel steel, with 2” angle reenforcing structures. Tomorrow I will take a picture of a cut out to show the construction.

I answered the email about bed size but I will re-post it here for the benefit of the forum : “The dimensions for the under-bed storage measured from the shortest point side to side. With fiberglass molding, we must have a "draft" to make the part separate from the mold easier (think cake pan). This draft give a slight outward taper to the part. At the narrowest point (being the floor) the storage measures 72" wide, as the measurement travels up the side of the camper it grows to about 78" at the bottom of the bed frame. At mattress level, the bed is just under 80" long (wide if you are looking through the camper)”

We considered a roof mount A/C, until we saw the cost. Down here in South Carolina A/C is a must during the summer. We wanted to offer A/C standard. The window mount we use is more efficient, less costly, and easily replaceable.

Panoz77 : Funny you should mention flooring. When I weighed the floor tiles, I realized that they just wouldn't work. They added about 50 LBS to the camper. We now have a none skid surface on the counter mold. So the flooring is gel-coated fiberglass, similar to the deck of a boat. We do have three campers, in various stages of production, with the smooth fiberglass floor. They will receive some kind of floor treatment (obviously). You are also right, the sanction on the floor, in front of the couch, is for the table.

As for the Egg Fest in PA, where exactly is it? I would love to attend. It would give me an excuse to take a productive vacation. Can someone send me some information?

Nicholas
Here is the post originally posted earlier this year....
Everyone seems to be leaning towards the 7/15-7/17 th date and I have not had anyone contact me from Bolerama who wanted to attend both rally's so let's stick with these dates and go for it. here is the link to cg Delaware Water Gap/Pocono Mountain KOA for reservations. Although it is still 7 months away the KOA policy is if you need to cancel or change (before 48 hours of the date) you will only lose $10, sort of like trip cancellation insurance. Not too bad for peace of mind and KOA will also allow you to change to another date if something comes up without losing a penny. They are very camper friendly. Mention the Egg Camper meet and pick you spot, I think 123-143 are the ones I placed on hold. I picked #132 tentatively.

here is the link
Delaware Water Gap / Pocono Mountain KOA | Camping in Pennsylvania | KOA Campgrounds
I know everyone would love to see you make it