"LiL Snoozy" update - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #57

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy w Forester
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
not sure factory says 2800 lbs ,we are going to have it weighed
2800 doesn't sound right. Coud you double check? I'm interested in buying one and Alan (owner) said the dry weight should be under 1900lbs. I'm waiting on Alan to report dry weight on one he just built and report back on total weight and tongue weight. Thanks.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #58

Name: Jan
Trailer: in the market
Ohio
I was fortunate enough to meet up with Herschel at the rally last month in TN. This was our first rally and proved the wisdom of what so many recommend: take advantage of opportunities to see as many FGRVs as you can before making a decision. After looking at websites for Escape and Big Foot, we were leaning in their direction despite the distance from OH to BC. However, after seeing Herschel's little beauty and talking with him about the great customer service at Lil Snoozy, we changed our minds. Not ready to buy right yet but will be planning a trip to the factory within the next year.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #59

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
2800 lbs is the gross weight (trailer plus all your stuff). I believe the empty weight is between 1900 and 2000 lbs.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #60

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Let us know about your gas mileage, Herschel. Thanks. The interior looks inviting!
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #61

Name: Herschel
Trailer: Casita
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Let us know about your gas mileage, Herschel. Thanks. The interior looks inviting!
so far it has droped 4 to 6 mpg , but this was all mt driving or most of it , I think it will be a little better . My truck 2010 F-150 crew cab 4.6 v8 hwy solo 21 + or - 1/2 gal. towing so far 15 + or - hoping for better .I tow at 60 to 65 mph most the time 60.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #62

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
so far it has droped 4 to 6 mpg , but this was all mt driving or most of it , I think it will be a little better . My truck 2010 F-150 crew cab 4.6 v8 hwy solo 21 + or - 1/2 gal. towing so far 15 + or - hoping for better .I tow at 60 to 65 mph most the time 60.
Interesting, thanks. The Snoozy is wider than Scamp or Casita, yet the fuel economy seems pretty comparable if not a bit better. I'm guessing that they've been able to keep the trailer's underside fairly free of wind-catching protrusions. How does it look under there, compared to other trailers you've owned?
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #63

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Took our Lil Snoozy on a 300 mile round trip this past weekend to our favorite camping place in NY. Traveled at just over 60 mph and traveled mostly level to rolling hills. Mileage improved a little more than 1 mpg better than my trip home from SC. My wife did have the trailer rather loaded as we took supplies to our seasonal site for the summer. We avg. 18.7 mpg with my 2 wd, 5 spd manual Jeep Cherokee. I still have not had the time to weigh it, but will get around to it.
The Lil Snoozy sure does attract attention everywhere it goes. I'm beginning to feel like a tour guide. People that have owned and know RV trailers are impressed by the design and structural integrity. People that know nothing about RVs want to see it because it is different or they think it is cute.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #64

Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
Thanks Snoozy owners for sharing your info with us! Besides curiosity, some of us are seriously thinking about the Snoozy and want to learn all we can from you! And don't forget those pics!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #65
Commercial Member

Name: Alan
South Carolina
Thanks to all for posting info on our "LiL Snoozy" We don't want to sound like salespeople on this site but welcome any and all questions or suggestions. This site has helped us a lot in the design and with a lot of our features from you guys post. And we thank you all for that! We are constantly looking for ways to improve and are starting to see some of the fruit from our efforts but don't want to publish anything until we are positive!! Weights have been reduced and some more are in the works. We are testing a newer stronger and lighter coring material with a different laminate this week and will see how that goes. Proof is in the pudding if I may. Assembly is speeding up and maybe by next year we will be assigning dealer in far off places making it easier for all to look see without haveing to travel so far. Dennis Wolf and his lovely wife just picked thier "LiL Snoozy" up today and are heading back to Chicago. First LiL Snoozy in Chicago.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #66

Michigan
We did get our new trailer yesterday afternoon. Everything was ready just as Alan promised and he even called a guy away from the shop to fix a trailer light wiring problem in my car (not the trailer).

We only drove a couple of hours until we stopped at a motel. Can't camp as there is no bed but we did have a nice dinner in the trailer in the motel parking lot.

Trailer pulled easily with my V6 RAV4. I'm keeping careful records of gas mileage and average speed. I'll post the info when I get home next week.

Driving 813 miles from my house to Snoozyville I got 27 mpg with cruise set on 70 mph, avg speed per GPS 64 mph.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #67

Michigan
Further update: Driving 451 miles from St Matthews SC to our daughter's house in Enterprise, AL we got 15.1 mpg with an average speed of 58 mph. Target speed of 65 on the cruise control. Rolling hills and intermittant rain the whole way, no appreciable wind.

It pulls like a dream with the RAV. If only I could see behind the darn thing! Off to camping world for mirror enhancement tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #68

Arkansas
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Interesting, thanks. The Snoozy is wider than Scamp or Casita, yet the fuel economy seems pretty comparable if not a bit better. I'm guessing that they've been able to keep the trailer's underside fairly free of wind-catching protrusions. How does it look under there, compared to other trailers you've owned?
Mike it is much cleaner than others I have owned no wind-catching protrusions ( 4 Casitas 1 Big foot fiver , 1 class c ) I also had 15 in wheels put on at snoozvill to get a little better clearance .
Old 05-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #69

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Quote:
.... I'm guessing that they've been able to keep the trailer's underside fairly free of wind-catching protrusions. How does it look under there, compared to other trailers you've owned?
Same type of question here but wondering if your spare tire is mounted underneath? I did not see it in any photos.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #70

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Same type of question here but wondering if your spare tire is mounted underneath? I did not see it in any photos.
spare is mounted in storage bin under bed, I optioned to put mine in the truck bed