"LiL Snoozy" update - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #101

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
back with service report

well we just got home from Snoozyvill , every thing was taken care of right away ,stoped what they were doing , fixed everything I wanted . on the road later same day . also collected my first bounty
Old 06-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #102

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy w Forester
Illinois
What did they have to fi?
DavArl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #103

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavArl View Post
What did they have to fi?
a few miner things , jelcoat chip in shower, install outside 110 plug , and wound up changing out the fridge because mount holes did not match up .
Old 06-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #104

Registry
did a few more mods today photos to come
Old 06-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #105

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Georgia
Registry
I can't wait to see the pics!
Kenneth.Pangburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #106

Registry
I am in southern miss. should be home in 1 or 2 days I will then give the compete skinny on all the up graded a/c and how it went
Old 07-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #107

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Wow, third trip out there now. Good thing you are retired ha ha. Glad you are almost home safe and sound. Chat with ya soon.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #108

Illinois
Hi Herschel,

It was nice meeting you when picking up our new snoozy. For anyone that hasn't met Herschel he has every mod made in his Snoozy. You should see his leveling system he installed.

Arlene and I love the Snoozy! Of course Alan and his entire staff were very very nice. We're now in Smoky Mountain National Park. Staying at the Foothills RV Park in Pigeon Forge. Nice place. We just hiked 6 miles of the Appalachian Trail. We're exhausted . I'll definitely post picks when we get home sometime this coming weekend. We're already conducting tours of our Lil Snoozy. The park owner says she's never seen anything like it and has been telling new arrivals to check out the space ship in lot 20

We head to Nashville tomorrow. Any recommended RV campgrounds near Nashville that are close enough to allow us to drive into Nashville daily for music and dinner??

Dave
Old 07-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #109

Registry
Snoozytown a/c update

We are home after a little over 2200 miles . Let me say first what I have said before Alan & Nicholas have the best service that I have ever seen in any field of endeavor . As you know if you have been following this , in the south west the 5000 BTU A/c was just not enough . So after talking to Alan I began a search for one that was larger in BTU not in size after looking hi and low I came up with the one that I have posted in an early post . 12000 BTU and just a little larger in size , When I arrived in snoozytown they jumped right on it taking out the old and in with the new. Needed cut out enlarged , had to run into town to get an brace , all in all about 3 hrs work . All the A/c problems are now taken care of . I am very happy Alan is happy he now has a few more options to offer , along with a roof air .
I think I could hang meat now . LOL
Old 07-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #110

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
12000 BTU and just a little larger in size , I think I could hang meat now . LOL
Hokey Smokes, Bullwinkle! I used to cool my entire 1400 Sq Ft home with a 12K window unit! It was minimal, but it worked. I expected better insulation in the Snoozy, based on the construction. 5K would be too small in a Scamp down south, quite likely, but I'm surprised it didn't work well in the Snoozy. I have a 225 sq ft guest house with a 5k unit, and you don't want to touch your tongue to the flagpole in there...
Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #111

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E Henning View Post
Hokey Smokes, Bullwinkle! I used to cool my entire 1400 Sq Ft home with a 12K window unit! It was minimal, but it worked. I expected better insulation in the Snoozy, based on the construction. 5K would be too small in a Scamp down south, quite likely, but I'm surprised it didn't work well in the Snoozy. I have a 225 sq ft guest house with a 5k unit, and you don't want to touch your tongue to the flagpole in there...
in the dessert you park in the sun , 5000 won`t get it , we spend alot of time there. where do you live ?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #112

Illinois
After camping with our Lil Snoozy in Smoky Mountains and Nashville the last few days I can say the 5000 BTU unit is not enough to keep the Lil Snoozy cool during the day and that's not the desert. At night it was fine but of course the temperature went down to 75-80 at night. It has been between 90-97 the last few days.

Dave
Old 07-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #113

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavArl View Post
After camping with our Lil Snoozy in Smoky Mountains and Nashville the last few days I can say the 5000 BTU unit is not enough to keep the Lil Snoozy cool during the day and that's not the desert. At night it was fine but of course the temperature went down to 75-80 at night. It has been between 90-97 the last few days.

Dave
are you to far away to return for an upgrade call Alan.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #114

Illinois
We love everything about the Snoozy and I'll write more and post pics when we get home. I may talk to Alan about a/c upgrade when we might be thru SC next year. I just think in the middle of a hot day with the sun beating down the A/C can't handle it, but I'm sitting in the Snoozy in Brown County Indiana right now and loving it.

Dave
Old 07-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #115

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
A/C in snoozy

We stopped by the plant two weeks ago on our way to camp at Table Rock state park in SC. We wanted to see the 12000 btu ourselves. Looks like it will keep you very cool...but it's a little too big a unit for my needs. I will keep my eye out for an 8000 btu that can fit into the original ( or slightly larger ) opening. If anyone knows of one, please let me know make and model. We camped for 10 days and it rained every day! The snoozy was great and got a lot of attention. We got to use our new back door awning and like it a lot.
I'll be posting some pics of the remodel I did last month on the Boozy. Happy Trails
Gleam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #116

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam B View Post
We stopped by the plant two weeks ago on our way to camp at Table Rock state park in SC. We wanted to see the 12000 btu ourselves. Looks like it will keep you very cool...but it's a little too big a unit for my needs. I will keep my eye out for an 8000 btu that can fit into the original ( or slightly larger ) opening. If anyone knows of one, please let me know make and model. We camped for 10 days and it rained every day! The snoozy was great and got a lot of attention. We got to use our new back door awning and like it a lot.
I'll be posting some pics of the remodel I did last month on the Boozy. Happy Trails
that a/c is made in a 8000 btu that is the same size as the one we got ,did you see the 12000 ? http://www.livingdirect.com/Soleus-E...efault,pd.html
Old 07-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #117

South Carolina
I did see the 1200 installed in your trailer?

It looks like a nice unit.

I tried to join the web site last night but didn't get a reply in my mailbox. I'll try again later.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #118

Illinois
I'd be interested in a 8000btu ac as well.

Enjoying life in the slow lane
Old 07-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #119

South Carolina
I'm upping the ante....
now I want an 8000 btu unit, similar size to original that HEATS as well!

Any ideas are welcome.

Ok with new website. Sounds like a good idea.

Happy Trails
Old 07-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #120

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam B View Post
I'm upping the ante....
now I want an 8000 btu unit, similar size to original that HEATS as well!

Any ideas are welcome.

Happy Trails
Dont know about that you will proubly haft to go to an 9000 roof air / heat strip , maybe put a window or stained glass where your a/c is now . I think Alan knows where to get the roof air.