"LiL Snoozy" update - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #61

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Let us know about your gas mileage, Herschel. Thanks. The interior looks inviting!
so far it has droped 4 to 6 mpg , but this was all mt driving or most of it , I think it will be a little better . My truck 2010 F-150 crew cab 4.6 v8 hwy solo 21 + or - 1/2 gal. towing so far 15 + or - hoping for better .I tow at 60 to 65 mph most the time 60.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #62

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
so far it has droped 4 to 6 mpg , but this was all mt driving or most of it , I think it will be a little better . My truck 2010 F-150 crew cab 4.6 v8 hwy solo 21 + or - 1/2 gal. towing so far 15 + or - hoping for better .I tow at 60 to 65 mph most the time 60.
Interesting, thanks. The Snoozy is wider than Scamp or Casita, yet the fuel economy seems pretty comparable if not a bit better. I'm guessing that they've been able to keep the trailer's underside fairly free of wind-catching protrusions. How does it look under there, compared to other trailers you've owned?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #63

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Took our Lil Snoozy on a 300 mile round trip this past weekend to our favorite camping place in NY. Traveled at just over 60 mph and traveled mostly level to rolling hills. Mileage improved a little more than 1 mpg better than my trip home from SC. My wife did have the trailer rather loaded as we took supplies to our seasonal site for the summer. We avg. 18.7 mpg with my 2 wd, 5 spd manual Jeep Cherokee. I still have not had the time to weigh it, but will get around to it.
The Lil Snoozy sure does attract attention everywhere it goes. I'm beginning to feel like a tour guide. People that have owned and know RV trailers are impressed by the design and structural integrity. People that know nothing about RVs want to see it because it is different or they think it is cute.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #64

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Thanks Snoozy owners for sharing your info with us! Besides curiosity, some of us are seriously thinking about the Snoozy and want to learn all we can from you! And don't forget those pics!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #65
Commercial Member

Name: Alan
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Thanks to all for posting info on our "LiL Snoozy" We don't want to sound like salespeople on this site but welcome any and all questions or suggestions. This site has helped us a lot in the design and with a lot of our features from you guys post. And we thank you all for that! We are constantly looking for ways to improve and are starting to see some of the fruit from our efforts but don't want to publish anything until we are positive!! Weights have been reduced and some more are in the works. We are testing a newer stronger and lighter coring material with a different laminate this week and will see how that goes. Proof is in the pudding if I may. Assembly is speeding up and maybe by next year we will be assigning dealer in far off places making it easier for all to look see without haveing to travel so far. Dennis Wolf and his lovely wife just picked thier "LiL Snoozy" up today and are heading back to Chicago. First LiL Snoozy in Chicago.
Old Man Snoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #66

Name: Denny
Michigan
We did get our new trailer yesterday afternoon. Everything was ready just as Alan promised and he even called a guy away from the shop to fix a trailer light wiring problem in my car (not the trailer).

We only drove a couple of hours until we stopped at a motel. Can't camp as there is no bed but we did have a nice dinner in the trailer in the motel parking lot.

Trailer pulled easily with my V6 RAV4. I'm keeping careful records of gas mileage and average speed. I'll post the info when I get home next week.

Driving 813 miles from my house to Snoozyville I got 27 mpg with cruise set on 70 mph, avg speed per GPS 64 mph.
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #67

Michigan
Further update: Driving 451 miles from St Matthews SC to our daughter's house in Enterprise, AL we got 15.1 mpg with an average speed of 58 mph. Target speed of 65 on the cruise control. Rolling hills and intermittant rain the whole way, no appreciable wind.

It pulls like a dream with the RAV. If only I could see behind the darn thing! Off to camping world for mirror enhancement tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #68

Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Interesting, thanks. The Snoozy is wider than Scamp or Casita, yet the fuel economy seems pretty comparable if not a bit better. I'm guessing that they've been able to keep the trailer's underside fairly free of wind-catching protrusions. How does it look under there, compared to other trailers you've owned?
Mike it is much cleaner than others I have owned no wind-catching protrusions ( 4 Casitas 1 Big foot fiver , 1 class c ) I also had 15 in wheels put on at snoozvill to get a little better clearance .
Old 05-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #69

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
.... I'm guessing that they've been able to keep the trailer's underside fairly free of wind-catching protrusions. How does it look under there, compared to other trailers you've owned?
Same type of question here but wondering if your spare tire is mounted underneath? I did not see it in any photos.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #70

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Same type of question here but wondering if your spare tire is mounted underneath? I did not see it in any photos.
spare is mounted in storage bin under bed, I optioned to put mine in the truck bed
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #71

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDenny View Post
Further update: Driving 451 miles from St Matthews SC to our daughter's house in Enterprise, AL we got 15.1 mpg with an average speed of 58 mph. Target speed of 65 on the cruise control. Rolling hills and intermittant rain the whole way, no appreciable wind.

It pulls like a dream with the RAV. If only I could see behind the darn thing! Off to camping world for mirror enhancement tomorrow.
I hard-wired a "wireless" back-up camera (less than $100.00) in the rear of my Scamp, to be able to see behind me.....much better than any mirrors.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #72

Michigan
I ordered a pair of the CIPA universal mount mirrors from Amazon. They should be here tomorrow and I will try them out driving up to Clarksville, TN Sunday.

I looked at a rear view cameras online but was confused by the variety of types and prices and mixed reviews. Maybe I'll get one after I learn more about them.

The mirrors are technology I can understand and will be useful towing my boat too.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #73

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDenny
I ordered a pair of the CIPA universal mount mirrors from Amazon. They should be here tomorrow and I will try them out driving up to Clarksville, TN Sunday.

I looked at a rear view cameras online but was confused by the variety of types and prices and mixed reviews. Maybe I'll get one after I learn more about them.

The mirrors are technology I can understand and will be useful towing my boat too.
Used the mirrors for the drive from southern Al to Chicago then home to Michigan. They were a big improvement. I could see behind the trailer pretty well. They jiggled a bit but held their position so no readjusting was needed. A little low volume but annoying 'singing' from the straps was cured with a piece of duct tape.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #74

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
Denny, I've seen folks that will put a single twist in the strap and say that eliminates the noise from them. If you try it, let us know if it works as well as they say it does...
John_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #75

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_M View Post
Denny, I've seen folks that will put a single twist in the strap and say that eliminates the noise from them. If you try it, let us know if it works as well as they say it does...
I've heard that too and it probably works IF the twisted strap stays tight enough. These mirror straps need to be really tight to hold the mirror in place and I think putting a twist into them would sacrifice some tension.

The duct tape was a gas station fix, I'll come up with something better in the relative luxury of my garage.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #76

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDenny View Post
A little low volume but annoying 'singing' from the straps was cured with a piece of duct tape.
I cross my straps in an "X" pattern; the main straps are on the surface and the end beyond the buckle is tucked under. I adjust the length 1st and then clip the buckle to the hook on the mirror. It's a little difficult keeping the buckle from loosening during the hook-up but it holds itself tight with no duct tape.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #77

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
We see the Li'l Snoozy parked at the warehouse on the frontage road parallel to SC I-26 on every trip to Asheville. It really is a cute little trailer. One of these days we'll stop in to see the inside, too.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #78

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Just tossing out another bathroom idea for snoozy here, the roadtrek RV sliding sink. Thought it was clever
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.JPG  

Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #79

Registry
where did lil snoozy up date go?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #80

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
We now return to the original topic...