Lil Snoozy vs Scamp discussion (split from Classifieds) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #15

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
One thing we learned in our travels is that western driving is a lot easier than eastern driving. There's just a lot fewer people in the west making driving so much easier.

Norm

Old 03-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #16

Name: Barrie
Trailer: 13 ft Trillium (sold 1/1/12)
New Brunswick
I'm retired after 35 years in truck transportation and have participated in the purchase of many millions of dollars of equipment in that time. When a manufacturer is considering a new model they normally 'mock up' a unit, using production samples (dash, shifter etc...) and let their prospective clients check it out and make suggestions before finalizing the molds. If I were to start a new business, intending to produce a new travel trailer to a very competitive marketplace, I would be falling all over myself to get my product introduced; artist renderings, floor plans, pictures of prototypes (with emphasis that it's a prototype...). I agree with the idea that experience working with fiberglass in boat building will have a skill set transfer component. That means construction of the fiberglass tub, building molds etc. I grew up in a fishing village. Boats don't have axles, brakes etc. While taking things with a grain of salt is healthy I think you may need a cow lick with this one... LOL.
Good luck!
Barrie

Old 03-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #17

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Melissa, the Scamp layout I pointed you to does not have room for any privacy anything, sorry. One could always put up one of those porta potty tents, not ideal.

If your young ones can't use the public facilities I guess you need to look for a self contained unit with privacy. I made a privacy curtain. Others have made a shower enclosure in the middle of their trailers, hanging shower curtain.

We only use the porta potty at night because we are old, if we were younger and could get through the night we wouldn't be using one.

Nancy
Old 03-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #18

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
"While taking things with a grain of salt is healthy I think you may need a cow lick with this one... LOL".

Barrie, that was hilarious! LOL! And all true.

Nancy, I think we're going to have to have a regular potti in the trailer. At 6 ft tall and 260lbs Hubby refuses to use a portapotti. Says they are too small and flimsy and not enough privacy even with a curtain. One of our popups had a cassette toilet and a curtain but the girls were a lot younger then so it didnt bother him so bad and the cassette style is bigger, stronger and more solid. We plan on camping in possible bear country out West so visiting the facilities (if there are facilities) in the night wouldnt be an option. Heck, I cant remember when I didnt have to get up at least once in the night and I'm only 40, LOL!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #19

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
Melissa,
I understand the concept that six hours away is "close by."
I've not read all your posts. Have you seen Scamps and Casitas to compare to the Li'l Snoozy you're about to see, and possibly order?
I'm all about molded fiberglass, and I think it's important to know what each vendor has to offer, if nothing but for a frame of reference.
I'm not too far away, certainly less than six hours. This week, there's an Oliver and my friend's Casita at the side of our house...
I suspect if you'd like to see a Scamp, or a Casita, before you go to South Carolina, that there are others closer who'd share a peek.
Sherry
Old 03-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #20

Florida
Thanks for the offer Sherry. We have been inside the Casitas and Scamps when we went to "Scamp Camp" Last month there in Sebring at Hillsborough SP. We had to wait for Scamp Camp to finally see a Scamp as the Factory couldnt locate one anywhere remotely near us who was offering a look. I also have Casita and Scamp brochures which I think we have memorized, lol. I'm a tape measure and notepad. Others have offered additional info to look for and compare to as well.
We're so excited b/c we'll know Monday if we're getting a Scamp or Snoozy.

Thanks again!
Melissa
Old 03-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #21

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Hmm. The Lil Snoozy seems to have everything a person could want, except existence!

I agree with Barrie, DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY!

Well the good thing is he has a good status:

http://www.scsos.com/index.asp?n=18&...orateid=593224

There is a Robert A Smoak who is a Master at Equity, whatever that is.

I find it interesting that they are located in South Carolina yet have pictures of Washington State on their website.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #22

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Hmm. The Lil Snoozy seems to have everything a person could want, except existence!

I agree with Barrie, DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY!

Well the good thing is he has a good status:

South Carolina Secretary of State:*Search Business Filings

There is a Robert A Smoak who is a Master at Equity, whatever that is.

I find it interesting that they are located in South Carolina yet have pictures of Washington State on their website.
I think that means he is the owner. Having a charter in good standing just means you have paid your annual dues to that state and filed requisite forms with them. These corporate charters are a matter of public record and easily searched. I used to routinely inspect these Charters while employed with the government. They also have to have an instate resident that will accept summons and other legal documents. There are companies that will charge a fee and act as your "agent" on your absent behalf.
These out of state charters and acting agents are the reason we see tractor trailers registered in one state, Vermont or Tennessee or whatever and the reason is due to their favorable treatment for tax status and annual fees. Where the company is physically located and where it is on paper are 2 different animals.
Whether there is any business activity or product by Lil Snoozy in South Carolina is another story in this case in which time will only give us the answers.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #23

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
I was curious why they launched a facebook and twitter and registered here. Then poof, disappeared since January. It was my understanding all this would be used to communicate with their potential customers. I was also wondering where the select markets were, that people were testing. And what happened to that gentleman who said he towed one and it was just wonderful? Everyone skedaddled on us ha ha.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #24

Name: Barrie
Trailer: 13 ft Trillium (sold 1/1/12)
New Brunswick
While this may be 'the real deal', and just a marketing ploy to create market excitement with suspense, they have created enough concern that I wouldn't put down a deposit waiting for them to build 'my' unit. To each there own but... I wouldn't drive very far without at least a picture of what I'm expecting to see when I arrive.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #25

Florida
Alan Smo was the Gentleman who you are referring to and I had emailed him with some questions awhile back. He recently answered saying he had a heart attack and was recovering. He'll be back on the board when he can. I did ask Nicholas about a deposit if we place an order and he said no. He is not accepting any money from anyone at this time not even if you want to be sure you are first in line.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #26

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
So we have Nicholas Smoak, the one who originally identified themselves as the owner, Robert Smoak, the official incorporator and "master of equity", and finally Alan Smo. You think they are all related? HHmmmm, I smell smoak, I mean smoke.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #27

Florida
If I understand the chain of command correctly, Robert is the Dad, Nicholas is the son and Alan is a customer. Clear as mud right??? LOL.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #28

Pennsylvania
Registry
reminds me of the Bob Newhart show- brothers Darryl, Darryl, and Darryl-

Tags
lil snoozy, scamp

« English Pod | Itchy »