Lil Snoozy vs Scamp discussion (split from Classifieds) - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #61

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bama (Hershel) is at the LilSnoozy factory now... or maybe on the way?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #62

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Bama (Hershel) is at the LilSnoozy factory now... or maybe on the way?
Yes, I saw the thread where he was going to visit the factory.

I guess I need to call the factory an talk to them about different floor plans as they seem very willing to accommodate what people want in a trailer.
George A Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #63

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Time has arrived. We leave tomorrow morning for SC and will pick up our Lil Snoozy first thing Monday morning. After camping until Friday in SC and doing some bicycling, we will head home.
Lil Snoozy built a closet and larger cabinets for us as we wanted something that we will be able to stay in for 4 or 5 months at a time after retirement.
Be back after Easter with updates.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #64

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Safe Travels Bill!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #65

Pennsylvania
Registry
Time has arrived. We leave for SC to tomorrow morning. We will pick up our Lil Snoozy first thing Monday morning. After camping and bicycling until Friday morning we will head back to Pa with one night of camping and a little more bicycling in WV.
Lil Snoozy added a closet and larger cupboards for us as we hope to stay in the trailer as long as 4 or 5 months at a time after retirement.
We are eager to see the alterations and will tune back in after Easter with any news people may be interested in about our new trailer experience.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Pittsburgh View Post
Time has arrived. We leave tomorrow morning for SC and will pick up our Lil Snoozy first thing Monday morning. After camping until Friday in SC and doing some bicycling, we will head home.
Lil Snoozy built a closet and larger cabinets for us as we wanted something that we will be able to stay in for 4 or 5 months at a time after retirement.
I am looking to make a long term trip tour of the USA with my family. I am looking to add different cabinet and seating / sleeping arrangements.

I am looking to either add a dinette or bunk in place of the sofa and would like some more closet space.

Bill did you op for propane or is your trailer all electrical.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #67

Pennsylvania
Registry
What happened? Twice posted after disappearing once!
Old 03-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #68

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by George A Shupp View Post
Thank you Robin. I do see the t@b in her profile, that is what lead me to question if she every bought it or not. I am wondering why she did not buy as that may help me with deciding if I wish to buy or not.
George, I remember. It was all about the money. Melissa's family had a big bill come in and they could no longer afford a new TT, so they looked for a used one... had trouble finding one (of course) and wanted to go camping soon, so another member offered them the T@b at an affordable price.

Bill, I bet you clicked the back button, then the forward button. Your post will not appear, I've seen that myself. You have to go back to the thread title and click on it all over again, and then the post will appear. It's tricky.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #69

Pennsylvania
Registry
Lil Snoozy is an all electric builder and does not have insurance to hook up propane or provide propane operated equipment. They built the trailer in a manner that I will be able to do my own hook up of propane range with equipment I purchased. I did not want a gas furnace.
They are great people to work with and go beyond expectations to provide customer satisfaction.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #70

Quote:
Lil Snoozy is an all electric builder and does not have insurance to hook up propane or provide propane operated equipment. They built the trailer in a manner that I will be able to do my own hook up of propane range with equipment I purchased. I did not want a gas furnace.
They are great people to work with and go beyond expectations to provide customer satisfaction.
Yes, I understand the insurance issue I thought they could install the item just not do the final connection. I was hoping to have a gas range and I remember they talked about a vent-less blue flame heater. The remaining appliance would be 12 volt except for the AC.

Yes, it appears they are very customer service oriented.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
George, I remember. It was all about the money. Melissa's family had a big bill come in and they could no longer afford a new TT, so they looked for a used one... had trouble finding one (of course) and wanted to go camping soon, so another member offered them the T@b at an affordable price.

Bill, I bet you clicked the back button, then the forward button. Your post will not appear, I've seen that myself. You have to go back to the thread title and click on it all over again, and then the post will appear. It's tricky.
Oh, I am sorry to hear that. I was hoping to see what others came up for the need to sleep more than two people and still have some seating.

I am thinking that a wrap-around dinette in the place of the sofa with a blue flame heater / fireplace along the wall where the entertainment center would have been with cabinets on both sides.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #72

Name: Ken
Trailer: Plans for a Lil Snoozy
Virginia
How did it go? We are anxious to hear. Some say the generator won't power the AC and microwave at the same time, but I think they said it will when I toured the factory. Ken
Ken in SW VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #73

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken in SW VA View Post
How did it go? We are anxious to hear. Some say the generator won't power the AC and microwave at the same time, but I think they said it will when I toured the factory. Ken

To my knowledge it's not about the generator, it's about the 30 amp wiring. Though a generator might run both together (it would have to be a pretty big one) . And depending on the amp draw. It shouldn't exceed 30 amp. Mostly it would be at start up and AC cycle. But a big draw could fry some wires. And put undo stress on the AC as well as the microwave.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #74

Virginia
Quote:
Bill, we are anxious to know how it went and if the pricing for the upgrades were reasonable in your estimation. I am planning to retire in October and want to do the same thing as you are planning.
Thanks,
Ken
Old 05-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #75

Pennsylvania
Registry
I found the up grades very reasonable. The extra windows, spare tire, and microwave were as advertised on the web site. The larger cabinets have become standard. I don't have the paper work in front of me, but I think the closet and propane readiness $149.00.
Since Alan does not have insurance for propane installation, I bought all the propane equipment my self and contracted with Southern Propane Services to do the install, which was also very reasonable.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #76

Virginia
Thanks, Bill,

I appreciate it. How was your trip? We are considering a lil snoozy, but our tow vehicle is a 2012 Subaru rated for 2700 lbs and 200 lbs on the tongue. If I can get the weights to work, we will do it. Was Alan at all negotiable on the price?

Thanks,
Ken
Old 05-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #77

Pennsylvania
Registry
I didn't deal on the trailer as I would an automobile. I think trailer prices with all manufacturers are as advertised. It is not as though you are dealing with an RV dealer or middleman that is marking up the trailer and has a margin to negotiate with. I found the upgrades more reasonable than I anticipated and would have maybe been a little embarrassed to want to bargain the costs down on upgrades.
I think a Suburu tow rated for 2700 lbs. would have no trouble towing. You may want to do an upgrade on the rear struts and go to Pep Boys for a $30.00 set of mirror extenders.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #78

Virginia
That sounds great. Thanks for your thoughts. Did you have a good experience camping?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #79

Name: Bob
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
West Virginia
Thanks guys for all the great info. The wife and I went down May 22 and visited the facility and talked to Alan and Nicholas(both nice guys). We were very impressed with the quality of the camper. The fit and finish was outstanding. From talking to them and looking at the camper it's obvious that they take pride in their product. We are former Aliner owners so we stopped on the way down to look at new Aliners. After seeing the quality of the Snoozy there was no contest. We are going down to pick up our Snoozy Fri. June 22. We live in WV so we will camp for a couple of days on the way back. We will let you know what we think. Again thanks for this forum. Without it would not have known.
bob and rosemary
2009 Kia Van
Lil Snoozy
macbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #80

Pennsylvania
Registry
Happy Camping! I think you will be very pleased with your Lil Snoozy. My wife and I end up saying to each other on every excursion how pleased we are. We have now towed ours a total of 2100 miles. This coming week-end we will be doing 3oo miles round trip to our camp, the following week-end will be to the Egg Rally in Williamsport, and then off to Maine the following week for 18 days. So far nothing of significance negative to report regarding our trailer as it has been almost flawless. We did have an issue with the reverse lock-out on our brakes. Alan advised me to take it to a trailer repair center and he would reimburse me for the cost of repair. Enjoy!

Tags
lil snoozy, scamp

« English Pod | Itchy »