List - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-31-2009, 07:52 PM   #15

Name: Bruce T
Trailer: Compact jr
Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Most important thing for me is the WIFE.
If I forget anything else, I can buy it.
I think temps can be bought.......true?

Old 10-31-2009, 08:22 PM   #16

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I don't like packing and unpacking so I had dedicated silverware, dishes, cups etc. that are always in the trailer. Same goes for foil, waxed paper etc. Tools, flashlights, matches etc. also always in the trailer. Small electric appliances always in the trailer.

It's really only clothes and food that I take in and out of the trailer.

You folks really need to take a couple of camp trips to identify what you took you didn't need and what you didn't take that you did need.

I'm up in Sonora. We have quite a few Scamp, Casitas, Perris Pacer etc. within a 50 mile radius. I've been thinking about a little trip to New Hogan Res. that would be at Valley Springs. I'm thinking about November 18 to 21st if anyone cares to join me.

We've Alan, Earl, Jason in Lodi/Galt area. Bob and others in Arnold area. Myself, Dave in Sonora. As well as others not too far away.

Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #17

Trailer: 1974 Perris Pacer
Registry
That sounds like it would be cool, unfortunatly I already have something doin that weekend
Old 11-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #18

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Hi Jason! Having 2 kids I can totally identify with taking too much stuff. Since you have such a young little guy may I suggest keeping a shoe box for "rainy days" in the camper. With my now 6 yr old I still keep one stocked with Dollar Store toys, popsicle stick crafts, crayons, notepad, playdoh, new story book, Army men, cars (yes, she is a girl but loves them just the same, lol), just odds and ends that only come out on rainy days so they are new and exciting to keep her entertained. If it's always in the camper you dont have to worry about forgetting to pack the rainy day box. We also always have a sand bucket and shovel. Most campgrounds have a playground with sand and if not we've found she is just as happy digging in the dirt. The bucket is handy when she wants to carry pine cones, rocks or whatever treasures she finds. Bubbles are a must too! If you can keep just a few of these items in the camper at all times you will have one happy little guy no matter what the weather and it's less stress not having to remember it every time. Some days my daughter hopes it rains so she can play with the rainy day box, lol.

Hope this helps,

Melissa
Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #19

Trailer: 1974 Perris Pacer
Registry
That is such good advice thank you so much for taking the time to give your input my wife thanks you as well.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #20

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Exclamation

You're quite welcome. If you've never camped with little ones you dont usually think of these things. I wish somebody had told us sooner as we had several rainy days in a tent with a very unhappy 2 yr old before we were "enlightened", lol. One other thing we did was try and bring a movie (either rent, borrow or purchase) she'd never seen before. Sometimes little ones can be crabby and nothing will make them happy especially if they are over tired from being stimulated all day. She never napped good while camping. We'd save the new movie for those moments. We have a little portable DVD player we can plug in. Sometimes it was the only way to get her to relax enough to lay still and go to sleep after an exciting day. When we used this technique she never usually made it any further into the movie then 10-15 minutes. Then Mom and Dad get to sit outside and play some cards or just look up at the stars in peace. Many parents take this rare opportunity to enjoy an adult beverage as well.

Enjoy making memories with your family.

Melissa

Quote:
That is such good advice thank you so much for taking the time to give your input my wife thanks you as well.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Scamp 16 deluxe "Lil Nut"
Quote:
I don't like packing and unpacking so I had dedicated silverware, dishes, cups etc. that are always in the trailer. Same goes for foil, waxed paper etc. Tools, flashlights, matches etc. also always in the trailer. Small electric appliances always in the trailer.

It's really only clothes and food that I take in and out of the trailer.

Me too, although I carry extra supplies and black/grey hoses in several totes in my pickup.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Scamp 16 deluxe "Lil Nut"
Quote:
I'm up in Sonora. We have quite a few Scamp, Casitas, Perris Pacer etc. within a 50 mile radius. I've been thinking about a little trip to New Hogan Res. that would be at Valley Springs. I'm thinking about November 18 to 21st if anyone cares to join me.

We've Alan, Earl, Jason in Lodi/Galt area. Bob and others in Arnold area. Myself, Dave in Sonora. As well as others not too far away.

Hi Joy!
New Hogan sounds good. Unfortunately I am scheduled for carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand on November 12, so I guess that lets me out.

I just returned from 3 weeks in Arizona. On my way home I passed right through Quartzsite. I am seriously thinking about giving that one a try in February. There seems to be LOTS of room out there. - - Earl
Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #23

Name: Pat
Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
SW Ohio
The best way to select what to take is get a tub and after you go, put the used stuff in it.

I have 2 medium sized tubs for camping supplies. I use them for tent camping with the scouts (boys and girls) for the last 25 years. It has the "I need this stuff".

One is for the Kitchen: Tubs for dishes - 3 (we use a three part cleaning system) Oil, Soap, salt, pepper, spices, cinnamon, sugar, biscuit mix, nested pots, plates, silverware, can opener, Long handled tongs, spatula and spoons for cooking over a fire, gallon plastic bags for mixing and a can of condensed milk.

One for the Fire:Matches, firestarters, hotpads, towels, dutch oven (top doubles as fry pan), small grate, tools - hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, multi tool, scissors, duct tape, heavy needle and thread, first aid kit, hatchet, dish washing scrubbers, hair ties to keep long hair out of the fire and heavy duty non stick foil-man I love that stuff.

I always take my boxes when I go, even if I am not in charge of the kitchen! I have my "Marry Poppins" reputation to uphold. It is nice to say..."Oh, Pat might have it!".

Seems like you always forget something....don't fret improvisation is part of camping. Keep an eye out for stuff at thrift stores and garage sales.

At to games for the little ones, Scouts have an emergency game box:

EMERGENCY GAMES BOX

Over the years this has proved to be a real blessing. My box is a
small plastic toolbox. In this box I have an assortment of bits and pieces
with which I can make up games and other activities at very short notice.
Listed below is a list of items that you could put together to make a similar
emergency games box.

A large bag of elastic bands.
Boxes of chalk white and coloured.
4 candles or night lights, 1 per patrol.
boxes of safety matches.
A miniature cricket bat, wicket and small soft ball for indoor cricket.
Ball point pens.
Markers or felt tip pens.
Short lengths of soft white rope with the ends whipped for knotting games.
Round balloons.
Pipe cleaners.
A reel of cotton for making trip lines for minefields.
Roll of sticky tape.
Blu-Tak or similar for sticking things to walls.
A couple of large dice.
Blank cards or small sheets of paper for writing instructions.
Box of thumb tacks or drawing pins.
A small torch with spare bulb and rechargeable batteries.
4 small pairs of scissors.
A pack of playing cards.
A packet of Alka-Seltzer tablets or similar.
Various whistles and noise makers.
Paper clips
Safety pins
4 triangular bandages

Adapt it to fit your needs...I have more dice, photo copies of game boards etc...