Little Guy Max Trailers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2019, 06:20 AM   #1

Name: mark
Trailer: in the market
Iowa
Little Guy Max Trailers

Does anyone on this forum own this brand or has researched them? I am intrigued due to 6'7 inside height as I am 6'4. Also looks like the layout is well thought out and practical.

Thanks
Mark
mtran2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:04 AM   #2

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtran2000 View Post
Does anyone on this forum own this brand or has researched them? I am intrigued due to 6'7 inside height as I am 6'4. Also looks like the layout is well thought out and practical.

Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,

I have researched them and I have a good camping friend that owns one. Well thought-out and a well-executed attractive interior. If Laura and I were to leave the egg camper world, we would consider one. However, if we ever decide to replace our wonderful Casita, we would address the “crawl over” issue with our current floor plan. Since the Max does not address this issue, I doubt that we would get serious about one. Also, I am not a fan of their black/grey tank capacities. The gray tank is only 14 gallons in a 21’ trailer. Just too small. Other than that, they are beautiful and decently executed campers.

Since I am only 5’ 10”, I am fine in our Casita, but I understand your desire for a taller interior height. We just had a friend in our Casita that was 6’ 4” this past week. He definitely had his head bent over!

Wishing you the best,

Dean
Old 06-25-2019, 09:20 AM   #3

Name: Karen
Trailer: boler
New Jersey
Registry
You can join the Little Guy Max and Mini Max group on Facebook to see what people think of them, any issues they encounter, how the company resolves the issues, etc.. I know a few people who have them, and the reviews are mixed. I almost bought one, but decided not to. I've also owned a T@b in the past, and that was a nice quality trailer. ( as well as a Keystone trailer, and a Gulf Stream motor home).

Just perform your due diligence before you purchase
kvnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:18 PM   #4

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Mark
My grandson is 6'5" and the only egg he has been able to stand in was my Parkliner. If you can find one that might be an option to look at. My understanding is they are currently not in production while designing a new, longer model.

Walt
Old 06-25-2019, 02:34 PM   #5

Iowa
Thanks for all the helpful comments.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:49 AM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
with the curved roof on those Little Guy teardrops, there's probably only ONE place you could stand in it if you're 6'5...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:13 AM   #7
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
The Eggcamper has an interior height of 6'7". There is currently one listed in the classified.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...per-89413.html
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:45 AM   #8

Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
with the curved roof on those Little Guy teardrops, there's probably only ONE place you could stand in it if you're 6'5...
I think most campers are like that.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #9

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
The mfr and their products seem to have a decent reputation for quality AFAIK. I get the impression they are better than the slap-together boxes of the big companies.

I thank God I am only 5'8" and can fit in just about any trailer. My dad was 6'2" and constantly bumped his head on things. You have my sympathy, sir.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #10

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
I am 6'3", and it's great for seeing over crowds... can be a problem when buying a car, or a camper.

My camper is only 6'0" inside, but I just pretend I am in my basement so I am used to angling my head down.
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #11

Name: Sheila
Trailer: Casita Spirit 17' Deluxe
Michigan
Tall husband

Hi Mark,

My husband is 6'4". We had an EggCamper (#120) now owned by Joe & Cherie from Ohio. That was tall enough and wide enough. We had bought a motorhome and thought that was the way to go. Sadly, that didn't turn out well and regret selling the EggCamper. Right now we have a converted Cargo/Camper and a new Casita on order, to be delivered next week. My husband thinks he will be OK with the Casita's low ceiling. He says he's used to it.

We did look at the Mini Max and wasn't to impressed with the quality. One thing that was definitely a turn off was the microwave being on the floor. UGH! And very little storage space.

Happy Shopping!!

Sheila
sheilasabo is offline   Reply With Quote