Live and learn! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #15
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Originally Posted by Filbert V. View Post
Misadventures today, make for great stories tomorrow. Reading the posts here make me feel a bit less dumb!
Well thats only the stuff we are willing to share on a public forum! Trust me you are in good company. You will have to share a campfire and some beverages to get the low down on the really good stories of things we have done!

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #16
Name: Bill
Trailer: In the market
Way too funny! I can just picture it! It had to be hysterical. Great story, thanks for sharing. Going to add this one to the learning list.

Chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:45 AM   #17
Name: Filbert
Trailer: Tote N Tarry
My parents and I had many adventures in that little trailer. All around Alaska, the Alaska Highway where the tongue broke in half from the wavy road, and all the way down to Acapulco, Mexico. Dad had it chocked full of supplies, and now I know why! It hadn't been on the road in nearly 20 years, so this was our test run. I had been staying in hotels/motels since then, but have rediscovered the joys of "camping" again! Part of the fun is realizing how little you need to be comfortable and have fun, not to mention how creative we can be when we have to make something work with what little we have on hand. And even the worst canned foods can taste gourmet when you're out in the boonies. I'm sure my dear dad was looking down and laughing at us as we popped our wheelie that night.
Filbert V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:50 AM   #18
Name: Curtis
Trailer: Trillium 5500
Hahaha. Similar incident northern Washington state deception pass park. Rear stabilizers were down... But because of the incline I had places 2x4 wood between stabilizers and ground. Well I was in my early 20s in a new relationship.... Somehow the camper rocked and shifted during the evening 😉 and the whole trailer dropped backwards and tongue in the air!! (The trailer tongue) a stabilizer broke and we woke up the neighbors laughing. Lesson: I don't stack wood like a jenga game under the stabilizers cause they are only as stable as the base they are on!!

Barrett family is offline   Reply With Quote