Live interview with Tammy & Reace of Escape Industries - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Live interview with Tammy & Reace of Escape Industries

On Monday, May 16th at 6:30 PM Pacific Time the Escape Travel Trailer Forum will have a LIVE interview with Tammy & Reace, owners of Escape Trailer Industries. Everyone is welcome and you don't need to register to participate. The show will be broadcast live on the internet, in addition we take questions from the audience via a chat interface. We anticipate the show to last approximately 30 minutes.

The software will be activated on the Escape forum at approximately 6:25PM. To access the show, click on the "LIVESHOW" tab on the main page of Escape Forum - Index website or Meet the Escapee's Board If you don't see the software/show just refresh your browser after 6:25PM (Pacific Time) and you should see it.

That will bring up the viewer (left side) and a chat window (right side). During the show, you will be able to ask questions via the chat window and questions will be forwarded on to Tammy & Reace.

To participate in the Chat, just enter your name (Chat screen ) into the USERNAME and click LOGIN (no password is required, just leave it blank).

If for any reason there are difficulties during the show, please stay on-line and the problem will be corrected.. chat will be used to communicate any problems and its resolution.

Hope to see you at 6:30PM!
jeffz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
This is great! The programs with Tammy and Reace are always informative and entertaining, and I appreciate you keeping an archive of all the old shows. Now PLEASE make a podcast so I can watch them on my iPad. It's simple really, to reformat them in Handbrake and create an RSS feed for iTunes.

Regards,

Matt
Old 05-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #3

Matt -

I use Blip.tv as my video player/content provider. I believe they support iPhone & iPad.. I do use Handbrake ( to squeeze/optimize) the saved recording (of the live show) and then put up the link on the forum. The live show utilizes ustream and I have been toying with putting up in Facebook since they now allow that. I'm assuming that iPad can access Ustream & Facebook .. I know it doesn't support Flash..

Anyway probably not a great place to talk techie.. but I hope you can catch the show..

As for putting it on iTunes, probably not going to happen this time as I know it take awhile to get authorized by apple for the podcast. I have another show that I do that uses iTunes (basically podpress for wordpress) and if I remember correctly it took a couple of weeks to get approved (don't quote me though..it was about 4 years ago..) For grins I looked into doing a iPhone App.. that process to get approved is crazy..Andriod is way easier..
Old 05-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Jeff,

App approval is admittedly wacky, but it has absolutely nothing to do with podcast listings. Getting your show to come up in iTunes typically takes a few days; as soon as the tagged feed gets pulled in by their robot, the show will appear. You don't really need Itunes approval anyway, just an RSS feed that identifies where the shows are.

It sounds like you're only missing an RSS feed if your video is already compressed in a compatible .m4v format. There are some tips here: Video Podcasting - How to Make a Video Podcast - PodcastBlaster.com

I never really had any success playing the past shows on my iPhone or iPad. Sometimes I got some audio. I was trying to access it off the link.

There is a Ustream player for iPhone, but when I search on "escape trailer" or "RVtraveltv" nothing related comes up. I think there would be a lot more interest in your shows, especially outside the Escape and FGRV community if people could find them. Itunes is really the best existing conduit for that.

Regards,

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffz View Post
Matt -

I use Blip.tv as my video player/content provider. I believe they support iPhone & iPad.. I do use Handbrake ( to squeeze/optimize) the saved recording (of the live show) and then put up the link on the forum. The live show utilizes ustream and I have been toying with putting up in Facebook since they now allow that. I'm assuming that iPad can access Ustream & Facebook .. I know it doesn't support Flash..

Anyway probably not a great place to talk techie.. but I hope you can catch the show..

As for putting it on iTunes, probably not going to happen this time as I know it take awhile to get authorized by apple for the podcast. I have another show that I do that uses iTunes (basically podpress for wordpress) and if I remember correctly it took a couple of weeks to get approved (don't quote me though..it was about 4 years ago..) For grins I looked into doing a iPhone App.. that process to get approved is crazy..Andriod is way easier..
Old 05-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #5

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Will you be putting it up on the website for those of us who unfortunately, could not catch it live?

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
Will you be putting it up on the website for those of us who unfortunately, could not catch it live?
Yep.. here's what I put up on Escape Forum..

The May 16th, 2011 interview with the two people that are responsible for the success and building of the best fiberglass trailer on the market today..

We talked about the recent move of their production facility and of course hockey!

Here's the link: RV Travel TV » Interview with the owners of Escape Industries

Matt-

I'll work on getting it into iTunes as well.. I'll let you know when it's there. I'll try to put all the past show up there.

Tags
escape