Live Video from You - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I found this New Site and it lets you "broadcast Live" while traveling or on your home computer....It was really easyto use.....

On your home computer (If you want)Just click on the Ustream.com link and sign up..... I only used the first two letters of my last name at signup create a password and then click on broadcast now..... It will automatically detect a camera on your computer. that's it... You can or cannot put a password on who can watch your video's.....it's up to you. Mine is password protected (many don't)

On your iphone just download the Ustream App and sign up and click on broadcast now and your done.

They can communicate with you via a chat room next to the broadcast screen but you answer on the live broadcast.

Be very careful you don't leave it on as everything you say if not password protected can be heard "Live" by the world...... my video's revealed too much personal info while i was filming.
I plan to cross the country real soon (sighithout casita) and will rig the iphone to reveal a live picture while doing so.....

With some imagination you can do some really cool stuff with this.

Joe

http://www.ustream.tv/discovery/live/all
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
This looks like we might be one step closer to the "virtual egg gathering" I envisioned several years back.

We can all setup our trailers in our driveways and turn on the webcams and have a virtual egg-in without the expense of traveling or camping fees.

Not quite sure how we'll work out the dutch oven pot luck dinner, but hey always some obstacles.

Maybe Robin G being a former campground owner, could help build a "virtual campground" where we could meet and camp together without ever leaving home......

Good find Joe. Hope to have a cuppa joe with you soon out here.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
Not quite sure how we'll work out the dutch oven pot luck dinner, but hey always some obstacles.
I overdid the potlucks during the Holidays anyway.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Maybe Robin G being a former campground owner, could help build a "virtual campground" where we could meet and camp together without ever leaving home......
So, let me get this straight: I could replace a window or two with flat screens, sit in my egg and enjoy a variety of trips and camping experiences in my side yard.... Let someone else spend the gas money and risk the breakdowns and tickets...

Wow

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
So, let me get this straight: I could replace a window or two with flat screens, sit in my egg and enjoy a variety of trips and camping experiences in my side yard.... Let someone else spend the gas money and risk the breakdowns and tickets...

Wow
Eggsactly...... someone i know set the camera in their pocket and goes on different calls and i see the whole thing while it is going on..... I set it up out my window during a snowstorm. that site is way cool

Greg A..... will definately be having coffee out there with you in a few weeks and may even bring the Jeep Cherokee i'm driving out there to leave it there and may sleep in it for Quartzite get together..... can't bring the camper as i have to fly back and then hopefully make another trip with casita. but it will be a summer trip then HOT (but it's a dry heat) LOL
Greg..... Did you sell the Liberty? I see you have a Titan as your tow now

Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote