Living in rv - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #21

Name: Janis
Trailer: obtaining information
Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamper jim View Post
has anyone ever seen a moving van or a brinks truck in a funeral procession?
😅😅😅😅
janisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:00 PM   #22

Delaware
I agree with Jon in AZ--kids do change as they get older and start to treasure the memories of their childhood--and the things associated with it.

rgrugg--i forgot about Friends of the Library--i'll have to check them out.

Marky--it was nice of you to give the bedroom set to someone who really needed it.

Wendy--that's a good idea--i never thought of Craig's list. Thanks. And I envy you in your casita traveling around.

WaltP--i never heard of Freecycle--i'll have to check on that too.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:11 PM   #23

Delaware
I have a new question---do the Casitas have a built in surge protector; if not would they put one in if asked? And if they won't can I have someone put one in? I know I can buy one and plug it in at the electrical post but I would worry about someone taking it when I'm away from my campsite.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #24

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Casitas do not come with a built-in. I don't think they'd put one in, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask.
It's not a complicated job though and any RV shop or electrician could likely do it.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:16 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I'm my parent's kid ( I'm 67 ) and I have no interest in any of the stuff they have, and that includes three recreational lots they own. And, I'd like my kid to come and get her stuff since our house is already small enough.
As housing, like condos, continues to shrink, people have no room for knickknacks and certainly no room for king beds.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #26

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Casitas do not come with a built-in. I don't think they'd put one in, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask.
It's not a complicated job though and any RV shop or electrician could likely do it.

Walt
Thanks Walt.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:20 AM   #27

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
We are definitely in a period with unprecedented and accelerating change. Though we're not too bad at incorporating change into our lives, our children (with us for 2 weeks) are much more able to adopt to change.

What we consider important to our lives is not the same as them.

Books certainly are at the top of the trash heap of change. Our grandson is building a clinic in central India. He's thankful for e-books. He could never take 6 months worth of books to India but can download what he wants. Interestingly he commented on the most important items he brought with him. It included electronics and a good plumb bob.

Change, a young american man flies to the middle of India to build a clinic, e-book and plumb bob in hand.
You must be very proud of your grandson. I wish him much success in what he's doing. Aren't we lucky to be living today with the internet and different ways of communicating! He can bring his 'books'--no problem. He can talk to his parent's and you--almost instantly. And he can bring his
plumb Bob! (what is that, anyway?). Wish him the best. I looked up plumb Bob and now know what it is. Funny, when I first heard it I kinda of thought it was something like that (from my father and then my husband when they were building something). I always heard plumb line--never heard it referred to as a plumb Bob, must be a different way of using it.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:03 AM   #28
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Books

A while back a fellow that owns a used book store was on the local radio talk show. People come to him all the time for appraisals, especially family bibles. Most have no monetary value. Unless you have a first edition or a signed copy, donation or recycling is your best bet. Around here libraries are happy to get donations to sell at the annual book sale. I finally parted with my college text books. Most of them. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #29

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
We've recently down sized after selling our farm of 20 years. During the move we managed to get rid of a lot of stuff that was no longer needed. Much was dumped and many books given away or donated. I still have a few hundred that fit onto the shelves that are at the new house in town. I have about 100 that need to go but I'm looking forward to reading many of the classics I've saved when I can no longer get about. We have a basement for the first time in our marriage and we have about a dozen boxes down there that need goin' through but haven't managed to get to them yet and we've been in the new house about 18 months. We still have lots of time and have had two garage sales already where we were able to turn unwanted things into cash. I remember on couple that came by that mentioned they were just starting out so Laura made them a deal and I helped them load some of their new stuff. Glad it went with someone who needed it. We'll continue to down size until we're at a modest collection of personal "junk" and then it'll be up to someone else when we pass.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:57 PM   #30

Name: Stan
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #63
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamper Jim View Post
Has anyone ever seen a moving van or a Brinks truck in a funeral procession?
I think there is a song with that concept in it, anybody remember it?

Stan
Stan and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:38 AM   #31

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
There seem to be a lot of young folks full-timing in B-vans as well. It's easier to stealth camp in a B-van than it is in a trailer.
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:12 PM   #32

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger H View Post
There seem to be a lot of young folks full-timing in B-vans as well. It's easier to stealth camp in a B-van than it is in a trailer.
I'm of the same opinion. While my wife and I currently full time in a large 5th wheel since we are still in the workforce, we do plan on downsizing most likely to van-alone once we are out.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin