Living in rv - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-13-2016, 09:53 AM   #29
Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1991 Scamp - "Ziggy"
We've recently down sized after selling our farm of 20 years. During the move we managed to get rid of a lot of stuff that was no longer needed. Much was dumped and many books given away or donated. I still have a few hundred that fit onto the shelves that are at the new house in town. I have about 100 that need to go but I'm looking forward to reading many of the classics I've saved when I can no longer get about. We have a basement for the first time in our marriage and we have about a dozen boxes down there that need goin' through but haven't managed to get to them yet and we've been in the new house about 18 months. We still have lots of time and have had two garage sales already where we were able to turn unwanted things into cash. I remember on couple that came by that mentioned they were just starting out so Laura made them a deal and I helped them load some of their new stuff. Glad it went with someone who needed it. We'll continue to down size until we're at a modest collection of personal "junk" and then it'll be up to someone else when we pass.

"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
TheWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:57 PM   #30
Name: Stan
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #63
Originally Posted by Scamper Jim View Post
Has anyone ever seen a moving van or a Brinks truck in a funeral procession?
I think there is a song with that concept in it, anybody remember it?

Stan and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:38 AM   #31
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
There seem to be a lot of young folks full-timing in B-vans as well. It's easier to stealth camp in a B-van than it is in a trailer.
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:12 PM   #32
Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Originally Posted by Roger H View Post
There seem to be a lot of young folks full-timing in B-vans as well. It's easier to stealth camp in a B-van than it is in a trailer.
I'm of the same opinion. While my wife and I currently full time in a large 5th wheel since we are still in the workforce, we do plan on downsizing most likely to van-alone once we are out.

Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon
Bed, Bath, & Beyond...
2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Van
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote