locating an owner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #15

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Note is good, but not in the mailbox. I believe it's a violation of US postal regulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 08-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #16

Name: Anne
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Jon is right about illegal use of mailboxes. No notes, flyers or literature can be left in or attached to mailboxes unless proper postage is used.
My preferences are in line with what Bob stated. A week after parking my trailer at my son's house someone knocked on the door while their toddler was napping to ask if i wanted to sell it. They got a rude send off from the in-law who was babysitting. A postcard or letter would have made it to me and I would be glad to direct them to this site.
My experience when I owned a burro was that people who just stopped by didn't realize the value and expected to pay what they would for a tent trailer of that vintage!
As another personal preference, I am always polite to those who disturb me between 9am and 5pm, as I often knock on doors in my community volunteer work. However, when I camp I look for privacy and seclusion. My dog is very suspicious, and in our 13 yrs together I have not been able to dissuade her, so I do not appreciate being disturbed on the road. I won't be rude but I will be terse in those situations. (Of course, some people seem to equate terse with rude. Oh well!)

Old 08-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #17

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Knock on the door at a reasonable time of day or early evening. Introduce yourself and let them know that you would love a tour if possible (but its not obligatory).
Tell them you are happy to come back at a time convenient to them.

If they are not willing, then call up Scamp and have them give you names of owners in your area that 'give tours'. I did that and got a very nice tour of a little 13ft Scamp.